Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on January 09, 2018, 06:15:49 PM
Mason in net tonight...

Go Mason Go!!

Need to win this road game - We are a better team than Buffalo - even with Mason in net
Mason has not been good this season.  Hope he has a good one tonight! 

blue_or_die

Good game to start Mason in IMO. Hope we can play great in front of him and not keep him too busy so we can leave with 2 points and a backup goalie with some regained confidence.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 09, 2018, 07:04:01 PM
Mason has not been good this season.  Hope he has a good one tonight! 

The play in front has not helped his cause much, especially in the four games vs. TOR*, @ CGY*, @ SJS, and @ NYI. In his last five starts, however, he's posted a 2.20 GAA and a .922SV%, which would indicate he's doing his job.

For whatever reason, the Jets seem to play a more careless and lazy game when he's in net. Hopefully, they show up tonight. They can't afford to give away points to bottom feeders.

*take away these two horrendous games, and his season stats sit at 2.25GAA with a .919SV%
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 09, 2018, 08:44:45 PM
The play in front has not helped his cause much, especially in the four games vs. TOR*, @ CGY*, @ SJS, and @ NYI. In his last five starts, however, he's posted a 2.20 GAA and a .922SV%, which would indicate he's doing his job.

For whatever reason, the Jets seem to play a more careless and lazy game when he's in net. Hopefully, they show up tonight. They can't afford to give away points to bottom feeders.

*take away these two horrendous games, and his season stats sit at 2.25GAA with a .919SV%

Exactly this. I feel like Mason has been hung out to dry during some of his games. He?s played well lately and I?m fine with him going in for games. Hopefully he gets another win tonight. Time to crush the sabres.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 09, 2018, 11:33:45 PM
Exactly this. I feel like Mason has been hung out to dry during some of his games. He?s played well lately and I?m fine with him going in for games. Hopefully he gets another win tonight. Time to crush the sabres.

This game isn't exactly an exception tonight. Two PPGs allowed and then a weird bounce off the back board. Fortunately, the Jets are on fire offensively tonight.

Just gotta get the win. Mason is doing his part.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 10, 2018, 01:15:46 AM
This game isn't exactly an exception tonight. Two PPGs allowed and then a weird bounce off the back board. Fortunately, the Jets are on fire offensively tonight.

Just gotta get the win. Mason is doing his part.

Hate giving up 4 goals to the sabres.  Great we scored 7 though!!  Winning the ones we should!!

blue_gold_84

A dicey third but the Jets hold on and get the sweep.

The Jets are 5-0-1 since losing Scheifele. :o
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 10, 2018, 01:41:13 AM
A dicey third but the Jets hold on and get the sweep.

The Jets are 5-0-1 since losing Scheifele. :o

Bigger and faster
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on January 10, 2018, 01:40:14 AM
Hate giving up 4 goals to the sabres.  Great we scored 7 though!!  Winning the ones we should!!

Finally should've been 6-2 had the boys been able to play cleaner and tighter late in the game. 6-4 had me nervous, especially with the momentum entirely on the Sabres' side.

But a win's a win! Onto Chicago. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

I don't blame Mason or the D on those 4 goals. When you pot that many in the net, it's hard for any team to fend off the furry of a really, really pissed off team. Buffalo has a great roster and can play hockey, despite their awful record. They remind me of us about 2 years ago, where we could look like could really play top notch, but get buried early and never really fight back.
#Ride?

blue_or_die

My vote is we go with Mason Friday night and Helle Saturday night.

Let Mason ride a bit of confidence and momentum, and reward him by giving him 2 in a row. Gives Helle a bit of extra rest because man have we worked him lately.

Thoughts? Agree, disagree?
#Ride?

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 10, 2018, 01:25:13 PM

Let Mason ride a bit of confidence and momentum, and reward him by giving him 2 in a row. Gives Helle a bit of extra rest because man have we worked him lately.

Helle has an amazing record versus Minnesota so I think he gets that game on Saturday.  That would mean Mason plays Friday.  So I agree with you. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 10, 2018, 01:25:13 PM

Agreed on all points. Hellebuyck always shines vs. the Wild. Mason played well last night and I think he earned another shot. The Jets just can't step off the gas late in the game, though. The Blackhawks are a considerably better team than the Sabres.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 10, 2018, 01:33:12 PM
Helle has an amazing record versus Minnesota so I think he gets that game on Saturday.  That would mean Mason plays Friday.  So I agree with you. 

Is it an afternoon game on Sat?

I wouldn't put it past Maurice to start Helle two in a row. So I usually expect him to start the first game.
My wife is amazing!