Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Would love to pound Kane and the Sabres tonight!!!
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 05, 2018, 04:25:24 PM
Would love to pound Kane and the Sabres tonight!!!

would love to see clean wins in at least 3 of the next 5 before the week long break

Buff/SJS/Buff/Chi/Minn

Sweep would be great but winning both against the sabres and then 2 of the Sharks, Hawks and Wild would be OK with me

gbill2004

Maurice said today there's no surgery required for Scheifele and that he looking like a quick healer. 

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on January 05, 2018, 04:45:06 PM
would love to see clean wins in at least 3 of the next 5 before the week long break

Buff/SJS/Buff/Chi/Minn

Sweep would be great but winning both against the sabres and then 2 of the Sharks, Hawks and Wild would be OK with me

How quickly expectations change!

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 05, 2018, 05:02:51 PM
Maurice said today there's no surgery required for Scheifele and that he looking like a quick healer. 

that's good news...i guess if it is a separated shoulder or small break it's just time needed...

gbill2004

Question for you guys: when Scheifele returns, would you keep Wheeler at centre or move him back to winger?

With the depth we have at winder, keeping Wheeler at centre might not be a bad idea.  Could create some scary depth moving Lowry down to the 4th line centre.

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 05, 2018, 05:22:55 PM
Question for you guys: when Scheifele returns, would you keep Wheeler at centre or move him back to winger?

With the depth we have at winder, keeping Wheeler at centre might not be a bad idea.  Could create some scary depth moving Lowry down to the 4th line centre.

Prob move him back.   Really depends on how the team does during this time. 

Jockitch

Important faceoffs need to be taken by Scheif ....... however Wheels certainly looks even more prominent roaming at centre than at wing, in these early stages.
Am not a big fan of the Hendricks team leadership magic/image ......... sure he's vocal on the bench & Mathias & Dano got there 1st season goal of late
but ......... I believe in the leaders before he came ...... so out of the lineup if Little, Lowry, Wheels & Scheif are at center.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on January 05, 2018, 05:21:19 PM
that's good news...i guess if it is a separated shoulder or small break it's just time needed...
Maurice also said Scheifele will start lifting weights on Jan 15 and sounds like he could be out only 4 weeks. That?s two weeks less that the initial prognosis of 6-8 weeks.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

#Ride?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 07, 2018, 10:50:16 PM
The beat goes on...

Forsure.....   they looked big, stronge and fast today. It looks like they are starting to look like they arnt trying to keep up with the bigger faster teams anymore. The others are starting to have to keep up with them.

Rolling 4 lines all the time and getting scoring from them is so important.

Liane and Wheels both had point scoring streaks broken in this game but we win 4-1. Wheels was a goal scoring not points. I think he got an asst today.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 07, 2018, 11:50:51 PM

Forsure.....   they looked big, stronge and fast today. It looks like they are starting to look like they arnt trying to keep up with the bigger faster teams anymore. The others are starting to have to keep up with them.

Rolling 4 lines all the time and getting scoring from them is so important.

Liane and Wheels both had point scoring streaks broken in this game but we win 4-1. Wheels was a goal scoring not points. I think he got an asst today.

Yep, there was a time not long ago where we relied 100% on LLW. Couldn't be more different now. When you're saying, "wow, Matt Hendricks sure had a great game", something new is happening here.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Connor and Liane bot sat on the bench alot in the third...  Connor seemed to be squeezing the stick pretty hard today.  Could Roslovic being in the lineup have something to do with that?

Good win, and Hellebuyck was awesome again.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 07, 2018, 10:47:26 PM
Nice win against the sharks today.

Another impressive win in which the Jets showcase their depth. Hendricks' goal was sick, Perreault continues to roll, and Hellebuyck was once again stout between the pipes. Confidence is as high as I've ever seen it with this team.

BellMTS Place is not friendly to the visitors this season.

Quote from: theaardvark on January 08, 2018, 04:09:15 AM
Connor and Liane bot sat on the bench alot in the third...  Connor seemed to be squeezing the stick pretty hard today.  Could Roslovic being in the lineup have something to do with that?

No.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.