Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

No recall from the Moose, no decision whether Mathias or Dano slot in.  Wheeler to C, Perrault to RW on the first line.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Anyone know if Wheeler has ever player C before in his career? 

TrueBlue75

According to Maurice, Wheeler entered the NHL as a centre so he?s familiar with the role. I think we?re going to go through a bit of an up and down stretch in the next while. Not that one player determines how the team plays, but Scheifele is one of the souls of the team. Hopefully he can be around the guys a lot motivating them. Bad, bad news for sure...

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on December 28, 2017, 07:27:29 PM
Anyone know if Wheeler has ever player C before in his career? 

I?m pretty sure he played some games at C for us in the past couple of years.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Connor-Wheeler-Laine

Perreault-Little-Ehlers

Copp-Lowry-Tanev

Matthias-Hendricks-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba

Kulikov-Myers

Chiarot-Poolman

Very excited to see what the new top 2 lines can do. Would have loved to see Roslovic get a chance on the 4th line but I guess they were going for the known NHL quantity. Matthias was a reliable player when he was in the lineup. Maybe he can continue to create good scoring chances except capitalize on them more this time to keep our elite fourth line rolling! lol
#Ride?

theaardvark

I wonder if they rotate Matthias and Dano... showcasing them for trade purposes ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on December 29, 2017, 03:58:12 PM
I wonder if they rotate Matthias and Dano... showcasing them for trade purposes ;)
Matthias is on the trade block, and I heard Dano recently refused a conditioning stint with the Moose, so he might be on the move soon as well. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on December 29, 2017, 04:04:54 PM
Matthias is on the trade block, and I heard Dano recently refused a conditioning stint with the Moose, so he might be on the move soon as well. 

Where did you hear that? And why would he need a conditioning stint in the minors? ???
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 29, 2017, 04:50:16 PM
Where did you hear that? And why would he need a conditioning stint in the minors? ???
I heard it a couple weeks ago and I think it was on the radio - Jets asked him to accept a conditioning stint with the Moose and he initially accepted, but after speaking with his agent, he said no.  He'd need a conditioning stint because he hasn't played in ages. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on December 29, 2017, 05:22:37 PM
I heard it a couple weeks ago and I think it was on the radio - Jets asked him to accept a conditioning stint with the Moose and he initially accepted, but after speaking with his agent, he said no.  He'd need a conditioning stint because he hasn't played in ages. 

Who on that radio made the statement? I doubt it could've been a reliable source considering it was never reported elsewhere at the time.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 29, 2017, 06:11:31 PM
Who on that radio made the statement? I doubt it could've been a reliable source considering it was never reported elsewhere at the time.
I don?t recall. Sorry. Might have been TSN1290.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on December 29, 2017, 07:20:53 PM
I don?t recall. Sorry. Might have been TSN1290.

No worries. Makes me wonder if it was Westwood who said it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Another home win.  Hoping Tanev isn't hurt bad...

Loved it when Morrisey blew a blade and was trying to get to the bench and another player gave him a push...

Solid effort from Hellebuyck.  Definitely our MVP right now.

No Buff, Enstrom, Scheifele and they still beat the NYI handily, holding one of the highest scoring teams to 2 goals. 

blue_or_die

Great home win. It was fun to be there!

The shot clock made it look otherwise, but Helle made some fantastic saves and the Scheif-less O showed up!
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

I was lucky enough to go last night

My observations...

Wheeler was a absolute horse all night. Great night at center.

The D core all around was great while Helle was brilliant very strong game

Bit of a hangover today
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!