Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

What's wrong with Bryan Little this year?  Is he playing through an injury? 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 27, 2017, 01:59:29 PM
He got zero help on Saturday, much like his third start when the Blue Jackets came to town. The team started off horribly and were down 2-0 not even three minutes into the game.

In his previous 5 starts, he posted a 1.6GAA and a .948SV% (FWIW).

Nonsense. Irrational nonsense.

And had you bothered to take a look at the stats, Darling isn't doing any better.

Calm down nonsense I think not Mason hasn?t performedup standards if you watched the games he has been in.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TrueBlue75

Always nice to beat the oilers! The standings are pretty tight so it?s good to get back in the win column. The Scheifele injury does not look good though... Could be a long term injury.  :'(

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on December 28, 2017, 02:51:37 AM
Always nice to beat the oilers! The standings are pretty tight so it?s good to get back in the win column. The Scheifele injury does not look good though... Could be a long term injury.  :'(

Seriously??  I never watched a second of the game- what happened??

TrueBlue75

He got pushed into the boards awkwardly and was in a lot of pain. Seems to be a shoulder or collar bone issue based on how he dangled his arm and other reports. Coach said it didn?t look good after the game...

Jockitch

Really like the constant buzz the Jets applied in the 2nd & most of the 3rd.  However, it was incredible to see them survive the final Oilers 2 minute onslaught

Don't want to jump to conclusions but tend to agree it does not look good for Scheif.   Guessing Dano or Mathias better shake off the cobwebs.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: Jockitch on December 28, 2017, 03:27:03 AM
Really like the constant buzz the Jets applied in the 2nd & most of the 3rd.  However, it was incredible to see them survive the final Oilers 2 minute onslaught

Don't want to jump to conclusions but tend to agree it does not look good for Scheif.   Guessing Dano or Mathias better shake off the cobwebs.

Don't want to risk them getting injured before we can trade them... bring up Roslovic ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on December 28, 2017, 02:53:16 AM
Seriously??  I never watched a second of the game- what happened??
Looks like a broken collarbone to me.  Even Maurice said after that game that it doesn't look good.  My guess is he's out 6-8 weeks. 

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on December 28, 2017, 03:12:38 AM
He got pushed into the boards awkwardly and was in a lot of pain. Seems to be a shoulder or collar bone issue based on how he dangled his arm and other reports. Coach said it didn?t look good after the game...

Did someone go after the guy who pushed him?  Dirty shot?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on December 27, 2017, 09:20:50 PM
What's wrong with Bryan Little this year?  Is he playing through an injury? 

He had a nice goal last night in his franchise leading 710th game. He typically flies under the radar and is pretty underrated, too. He's on pace for just shy of 50 points this season.

Quote from: The Zipp on December 28, 2017, 01:47:37 PM
Did someone go after the guy who pushed him?  Dirty shot?

It wasn't a dirty play. Scheifele and Davidson got tangled up close to the boards and Scheifele went down awkwardly. It didn't look dirty or malicious but it looked pretty serious.

Rumour mill seems to be either broken collarbone or separated shoulder. I doubt we see him back until mid-February. :-[
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

JMT21

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: gbill2004 on December 28, 2017, 01:03:36 PM
Looks like a broken collarbone to me.  Even Maurice said after that game that it doesn't look good.  My guess is he's out 6-8 weeks. 
And Maurice confirmed he's out 6-8 weeks with an upper body injury. 

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 28, 2017, 06:40:22 PM
That's some really bad news. :-[

http://illegalcurve.com/2017/12/28/winnipeg-jets-injury-news-mark-scheifele-out-6-8-weeks-with-upper-body-injury/
The good news is that the Jets have a one week break, and the all-star break during that 6-8 week timeframe, so Scheifele will only miss 16-22 games.