Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

another sound game played by the Jets ........... really justified the end result
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jockitch on December 17, 2017, 05:25:45 PM
Can't believe I watched a Jet loss & actually found satisfaction with the full effort.
Jets hustled, passed well, made plenty of shot attempts, won faceoffs, cleared rebounds, got above average goaltending ...... yet didn't win.
Hutton was the reason, IMO, that the ending was not worth 2 points for our Jets.    Same effort today & a better result should occur.

Two very good efforts against the Blues after an ugly loss to the Blackhawks. If only the result of Saturday's game had been more positive.

Yesterday was a near perfect game by the home side. A dominant win in every sense of the word.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Stretch

Heck of a win last night, but it also highlighted our need to be more careful with the puck.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Stretch on December 20, 2017, 01:29:55 PM
Heck of a win last night, but it also highlighted our need to be more careful with the puck.

Eh, the Predators are a top team and they'll make any team pay even over the most minimal of errors. What really irked me yesterday was how the Jets closed out the opening frame. 19-ish minutes of excellent road hockey and then a complete bed-crapping. Fortunately, they had 40 minutes to correct it.

That was a huge win last night. Getting two clean points in hostile territory against a division rival is massive.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

One of the most entertaining hockey games I have ever watched.  Truly back and forth, great saves, incredible goals, crossbars, posts, Subban being a baby, Laine getting under his skin, the light call on the Laine slash and then non calls on obvious hooks and trips. 

Rolling 4 lines and 3 d pairs with impunity, not caring about matchups, knowing every combination will be good.

And the Jets brain fart at the end of the first, and the epic battle back.  Cap it with Tanev's goal getting Rinne to bite on the wrap around and shuffleboarding it between his pads, just watching Rinne's reaction when he realized he'd been beat was incredible.  Knowing he'd had a great game, and let it slip away with one lazy moment. 

The empty netter iced it off, the barrage the Preds brought in the final minute was intense, watching every Jet on the ice putting their bodies in harms way, stopping anything from developing from the point, awesome.

A true team win, and another game proving they are among the best in the league. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 20, 2017, 01:38:41 PM
Eh, the Predators are a top team and they'll make any team pay even over the most minimal of errors. What really irked me yesterday was how the Jets closed out the opening frame. 19-ish minutes of excellent road hockey and then a complete bed-crapping. Fortunately, they had 40 minutes to correct it.

That was a huge win last night. Getting two clean points in hostile territory against a division rival is massive.

Yup. Take out the last minute of the first period and it wasn't even that close of a game.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on December 20, 2017, 02:04:11 PM
Yup. Take out the last minute of the first period and it wasn't even that close of a game.

and the first minute of the third...some general carelessness with the puck got them in trouble and Rinne gaffed on the game winning goal...all of that said the Jets played very hard, used their speed and beat a better team on the road - can't ask for much more than that.

Jockitch

Firmly agree with the variety of fan comments ......... thrilling victory      Next up ----- bag & tag the Bruins.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

The Winnipeg Jets are making it clear to other teams in the NHL that forward Shawn Matthias is available in trade, according to Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet.

Matthias isn?t an offensive force, but a good depth player, with position versatility, on a two-year $4.25M deal he signed back in 2016 with Winnipeg.

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on December 20, 2017, 11:25:32 PM
The Winnipeg Jets are making it clear to other teams in the NHL that forward Shawn Matthias is available in trade, according to Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet.

Matthias isn?t an offensive force, but a good depth player, with position versatility, on a two-year $4.25M deal he signed back in 2016 with Winnipeg.

Totally forgot about him.
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 21, 2017, 01:25:30 PM

Yeah, me too. They mentioned him on the radio the other day form some reason and I was surprised to hear he was still with the team. Just a healthy scratch.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 21, 2017, 01:25:30 PM

The forward depth within the organization right now is insane.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 21, 2017, 05:26:45 PM
The forward depth within the organization right now is insane.

Yup...  crazy good. And think how young we are.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

This is when you take 3 or 4 of those pieces that don't fit, and turn them into one really nice piece that does... 

You're going to lose some of these pieces sooner of later, you only have so many contracts you can carry, and every year you add new prospects, draft choices, etc.  Its good to have contract room as well as cap space. 

Bundling Mathias, Dano and a few prospects could get you a player that could crack our lineup.   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Solid overall game last night for the road team. Hellebuyck was excellent. Too bad it had to go to the skills competition to decide the winner, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.