Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

How long has it been since they won a game?  Time to blow this thing up... fire Maurice and trade Buff...

Or maybe not... lets see how full the bandwagon is after this week...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Quote from: theaardvark on December 11, 2017, 03:53:54 PM
How long has it been since they won a game?  Time to blow this thing up... fire Maurice and trade Buff...

He is out for a couple of weeks...LBI

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on December 11, 2017, 04:36:19 PM
He is out for a couple of weeks...LBI

Best time to trade him... hey, we got a good haul for an injured Kane...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: DM83 on December 11, 2017, 04:58:05 AM
Smoke and mirrors.  Well it was great while it lasted.

We still have a lot of passengers.  Buff sucks, Chiarot is a good sixth defenceman.
Can someone tells me what Joel Armea brings to the table besides one goal every ten games...same as the rest of the bottom six?

Bryan Little is done.  He's part of the Atlamts. Cancer that plays at rec league hockey pace.  Those two kids are rotting away in the second line with him as center..

At times we show a great forechecking speed. Game, and the. We put Sheiffle, the captain in, and they couldn't get back to their own end of their life depended on it. Same with Laine.  ****** how can an MGL guy not know how to oick up a puck off the boards.??

Comfiest?,,,,,....oh my God..

Oh well another twenty six years..no wait....isn't thatthey Bombers.?  Oh well I did get to see Anders, Ulf and Bobby!

What a bunch on nonsence this is.

Nothing what you say is even close. Good god man.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: theaardvark on December 11, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

Is it best to make the Stanley Cup parade through the downtown on Portage, or further out near Polo? 

Realist

Quote from: theaardvark on December 12, 2017, 12:55:10 PM
Is it best to make the Stanley Cup parade through the downtown on Portage, or further out near Polo

I hope not. To some there is only one way in and out of there!  ;D

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on December 11, 2017, 04:58:05 AM
Smoke and mirrors.  Well it was great while it lasted.

We still have a lot of passengers.  Buff sucks, Chiarot is a good sixth defenceman.
Can someone tells me what Joel Armea brings to the table besides one goal every ten games...same as the rest of the bottom six?

Bryan Little is done.  He's part of the Atlamts. Cancer that plays at rec league hockey pace.  Those two kids are rotting away in the second line with him as center..

At times we show a great forechecking speed. Game, and the. We put Sheiffle, the captain in, and they couldn't get back to their own end of their life depended on it. Same with Laine.  ****** how can an MGL guy not know how to oick up a puck off the boards.??

Comfiest?,,,,,....oh my God..

Oh well another twenty six years..no wait....isn't thatthey Bombers.?  Oh well I did get to see Anders, Ulf and Bobby!

Have another glass of turpentine.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

OK, tweaking the lineup.  Is this where Chevy will earn his money, and some respect?

Can we land Tavares, and how does that mesh with Scheiffle, position and cap wise?

Is Karlson worth going after?   Is he able to fully recover, and can we fit him under the cap?

We have a crapton of good prospects right now, is it better to keep them in the pipe because we will need that RFA control on salary to manage the cap, or package them to a developing team for that one wily vet we need to push us over the top?

Trouba, Roslovic, Lemeiux, Comrie are all assets that any team would love to land, and players we can spare. 

Before anyone dumps on me for putting Trouba's name out there, I have no problem with him being a Jet forever, if he signs a long term deal.  But I don't want to lose him for nothing.  Trading him won't really hurt us, heck we're doing well with Buff / Enstrom out right now.  So if one of them gets healthy, no problem losing Trouba.  It is even less of a problem if you are getting a LH Dman back...

JMT21

Quote from: theaardvark on December 13, 2017, 03:46:19 PM
OK, tweaking the lineup.  Is this where Chevy will earn his money, and some respect?

Can we land Tavares, and how does that mesh with Scheiffle, position and cap wise?

Is Karlson worth going after?   Is he able to fully recover, and can we fit him under the cap?

We have a crapton of good prospects right now, is it better to keep them in the pipe because we will need that RFA control on salary to manage the cap, or package them to a developing team for that one wily vet we need to push us over the top?

Trouba, Roslovic, Lemeiux, Comrie are all assets that any team would love to land, and players we can spare. 

Before anyone dumps on me for putting Trouba's name out there, I have no problem with him being a Jet forever, if he signs a long term deal.  But I don't want to lose him for nothing.  Trading him won't really hurt us, heck we're doing well with Buff / Enstrom out right now.  So if one of them gets healthy, no problem losing Trouba.  It is even less of a problem if you are getting a LH Dman back...

I'm sure bidding for Tavares would start at 9M per season.. Jets won't pay that.
Karlsson gave list to Ottawa GM of 10 teams he won't accept a trade too... bets the Jets are on the list? 
Karlsson is making 6.5M this year...... thinking 8M + would be the range - would rather offer Trouba 7M-ish as he is 4 years younger
I heard E. Kane could be used as a rental player this season -- averaging just under 1 PPG...  with the Jets looking like a contender.. can burned bridges be fixed? 

Next games are Chicago -  Blues - Blues - Predators ----  all 4 point games -  getting 2 wins out of those 4 would be a great result

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on December 13, 2017, 03:46:19 PM

Why would the Jets try for Tavares? They're already a top team offensively.

How are any of those four players listed ones the team can spare? Trouba is playing top pairing minutes, Roslovic is a young depth piece with loads of upside, Lemieux will be a solid and gritty bottom 6 asset, and Comrie is another young depth piece with loads of upside. How are any of these assets expendable in your mind?

And you're wrong. Trading Trouba would definitely hurt the team unless it gets an equal piece in return.

Karlsson would be an incredible piece to acquire, but I have to think what the Senators want in return is pretty rich.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 13, 2017, 04:38:26 PM
Why would the Jets try for Tavares? They're already a top team offensively.

How are any of those four players listed ones the team can spare? Trouba is playing top pairing minutes, Roslovic is a young depth piece with loads of upside, Lemieux will be a solid and gritty bottom 6 asset, and Comrie is another young depth piece with loads of upside. How are any of these assets expendable in your mind?

And you're wrong. Trading Trouba would definitely hurt the team unless it gets an equal piece in return.

Karlsson would be an incredible piece to acquire, but I have to think what the Senators want in return is pretty rich.

You do realize my contention is to improve the current roster.  I'm not talking about DP's or prospects coming back.  I'm talking one big bump up for some "spare parts".  Which is what "spare parts" are for, none of those players are helping us this year.  Its why you build depth, so that you can make a big move for a big name.

You don't think that Tavares centreing Ehlers/Laine would be an upgrade?  Little taking over for Hendricks?  That's the idea, upgrade an already potent O. 

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on December 13, 2017, 05:42:15 PM
You do realize my contention is to improve the current roster.  I'm not talking about DP's or prospects coming back.  I'm talking one big bump up for some "spare parts".  Which is what "spare parts" are for, none of those players are helping us this year.  Its why you build depth, so that you can make a big move for a big name.

You don't think that Tavares centreing Ehlers/Laine would be an upgrade?  Little taking over for Hendricks?  That's the idea, upgrade an already potent O. 

If you mean trades, we can't trade for any high end players. We are either A) On their no-trade lists or B) not on their list of approved trades, depending on the contract language.

This is why we have to build through the draft. We can't pull a LA or NY style move and trade some picks for a top rental player.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on December 13, 2017, 05:44:45 PM
If you mean trades, we can't trade for any high end players. We are either A) On their no-trade lists or B) not on their list of approved trades, depending on the contract language.

This is why we have to build through the draft. We can't pull a LA or NY style move and trade some picks for a top rental player.

When we couldn't make a playoff run, sure, we were on every no trade list.  Now, when we are at the top of the rankings, with a very talented lineup and a solid coaching staff, I think that changes.  It might even change with Trouba, now that we are contenders. 

But as long as we were a sad sack team, no, no one wanted to be here.  But can you imagine Tavares being asked if he'd like to centre Laine/Ehlers?  Yeah, I can see that being a no on his part.  NOT.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on December 13, 2017, 05:50:03 PM
When we couldn't make a playoff run, sure, we were on every no trade list.  Now, when we are at the top of the rankings, with a very talented lineup and a solid coaching staff, I think that changes.  It might even change with Trouba, now that we are contenders. 

But as long as we were a sad sack team, no, no one wanted to be here.  But can you imagine Tavares being asked if he'd like to centre Laine/Ehlers?  Yeah, I can see that being a no on his part.  NOT.

Being on nearly every no trade list has little to do with the Jets record and a lot to do with that player having to spend an extended period of time in Winnipeg.

Edmonton drafting McDavid and looking like they'd be constant contenders last season hasn't helped them get off no trade lists. The Jets being in the Top 3 in December sure as hell won't.

The Zipp

Quote from: Colton on December 13, 2017, 05:56:12 PM
Being on nearly every no trade list has little to do with the Jets record and a lot to do with that player having to spend an extended period of time in Winnipeg.

Edmonton drafting McDavid and looking like they'd be constant contenders last season hasn't helped them get off no trade lists. The Jets being in the Top 3 in December sure as hell won't.

exactly...win a cup and players will maybe consider coming here but even then there will always be other contenders in much better places to live.