Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Yeah I'm very surprised. Thought this would be a good game to have BuckBuck bounce back like he has all year after a loss.

I'd be saying the same if it was Mason going in...but now especially if it's Comrie! Oh well, go show 'em what you're made of!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 07, 2017, 06:40:37 PM
Yeah I'm very surprised. Thought this would be a good game to have BuckBuck bounce back like he has all year after a loss.

I'd be saying the same if it was Mason going in...but now especially if it's Comrie! Oh well, go show 'em what you're made of!

For sure, but he'll have a tall order on Saturday in Tampa Bay. I'm not opposed to giving him an extra day off. My main concern with Comrie starting is more on how the team plays in front of him. Another lazy and careless effort can't happen.

FWIW, he played pretty well in his first start last season against a pretty strong Blue Jackets team. The Panthers, at least in my opinion, don't qualify as pretty strong at the moment. I'm glad he didn't get the start against a desperate Red Wings team the other night, so this game seems like the most ideal opportunity in which to give him a start during his call-up.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 07, 2017, 06:40:37 PM

I'm happy to see him start. I think if we had Mason available, Helle would have had a break before this point, so it's probably needed. It's great that we have such a high-caliber prospect available and that he's getting the proper time to develop, but it's good to show him what he needs to be working towards.

But it could be hit or miss when it comes to getting 2 points tonight.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 07, 2017, 06:45:17 PM
For sure, but he'll have a tall order on Saturday in Tampa Bay. I'm not opposed to giving him an extra day off. My main concern with Comrie starting is more on how the team plays in front of him. Another lazy and careless effort can't happen.

FWIW, he played pretty well in his first start last season against a pretty strong Blue Jackets team. The Panthers, at least in my opinion, don't qualify as pretty strong at the moment. I'm glad he didn't get the start against a desperate Red Wings team the other night, so this game seems like the most ideal opportunity in which to give him a start during his call-up.

Yeah, I agree that the Panthers are a good team to test a young backup, if you gotta do it. Good point about TB Saturday. Boy am I looking forward to that game.

Quote from: Jesse on December 07, 2017, 07:48:12 PM
I'm happy to see him start. I think if we had Mason available, Helle would have had a break before this point, so it's probably needed. It's great that we have such a high-caliber prospect available and that he's getting the proper time to develop, but it's good to show him what he needs to be working towards.

But it could be hit or miss when it comes to getting 2 points tonight.

I'm just being overly sensitive about the state of Helle's mental state and our record. I'm irrationally assuming that because we lost a game we must be going on a giant downward spiral, with Hellebuyck losing complete confidence. We have seen it all too often in seasons past and I've been on eggshells all year, expecting the wheels to fall off. I have to condition myself to think differently!!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 07, 2017, 07:59:22 PM
Yeah, I agree that the Panthers are a good team to test a young backup, if you gotta do it. Good point about TB Saturday. Boy am I looking forward to that game.

Ditto!

Saturday is going to be a big game for this team. And then a week later with the back-to-back home-and-home with the Blues... Ooh, boy. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

drahgon

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 07, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

I'm just being overly sensitive about the state of Helle's mental state and our record. I'm irrationally assuming that because we lost a game we must be going on a giant downward spiral, with Hellebuyck losing complete confidence. We have seen it all too often in seasons past and I've been on eggshells all year, expecting the wheels to fall off. I have to condition myself to think differently!!

Also true for Bomber fans. We've been burned by false hope so many times, its hard to get behind a team when they start doing well.

The Jets have way less history here than the Bombers but I still found myself thinking "Same ol Jets" during the Detroit game... Hopefully tonight they get back on track!

Jockitch

rough start for young Comrie ...... down 2-0 very early
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on December 07, 2017, 11:49:21 PM
rough start for young Comrie ...... down 2-0 very early

Fairly solid since though!
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Tough loss...not the time to go on a slide Jets!!  Not going to be any easier on Saturday

blue_or_die

Their GWG, Comrie had zero chance. And then we have like 3 chances where I absolutely couldn't believe it didn't go in, culminating with their empty netter.

Shoulda had that one.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 08, 2017, 12:26:43 PM
Their GWG, Comrie had zero chance. And then we have like 3 chances where I absolutely couldn't believe it didn't go in, culminating with their empty netter.

Shoulda had that one.

Another somewhat sloppy showing by the Jets last night, but a weird game bounces-wise. Comrie looked shaky to start but what happened to the Jets' solid defensive zone play? Did they forget to pack it for this road trip? :-\

If Chiarot gets a fine for stick-butting Perry, Trocheck should get one for what he did to Little last night. That was disgusting. And how the hell is Byfuglien the only player to get a penalty out of the scrum Huberdeau started by going after Connor?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Tampa certainly can roll 3 pretty busy, productive lines ....... felt the Jets looked sporadic in their ability to play a high standard
.......... however they created chances, battled  & had a decent 3rd period ....... Points matter

Buff may have strained a groin & played just 16:54 & not on the bench after the incident ....... anyone hear by the grapevine if he is injured.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

DM83

Smoke and mirrors.  Well it was great while it lasted.

We still have a lot of passengers.  Buff sucks, Chiarot is a good sixth defenceman.
Can someone tells me what Joel Armea brings to the table besides one goal every ten games...same as the rest of the bottom six?

Bryan Little is done.  He's part of the Atlamts. Cancer that plays at rec league hockey pace.  Those two kids are rotting away in the second line with him as center..

At times we show a great forechecking speed. Game, and the. We put Sheiffle, the captain in, and they couldn't get back to their own end of their life depended on it. Same with Laine.  ****** how can an MGL guy not know how to oick up a puck off the boards.??

Comfiest?,,,,,....oh my God..

Oh well another twenty six years..no wait....isn't thatthey Bombers.?  Oh well I did get to see Anders, Ulf and Bobby!

Jesse

Quote from: DM83 on December 11, 2017, 04:58:05 AM

We still have a lot of passengers.  Buff sucks, Chiarot is a good sixth defenceman.
Can someone tells me what Joel Armea brings to the table besides one goal every ten games...same as the rest of the bottom six?

Bryan Little is done.  He's part of the Atlamts. Cancer that plays at rec league hockey pace.  Those two kids are rotting away in the second line with him as center..

At times we show a great forechecking speed. Game, and the. We put Sheiffle, the captain in, and they couldn't get back to their own end of their life depended on it. Same with Laine.  ****** how can an MGL guy not know how to oick up a puck off the boards.??

Oh well another twenty six years..no wait....isn't thatthey Bombers.?  Oh well I did get to see Anders, Ulf and Bobby!

Because of an OT loss to the best team in the league?

Let?s see how they respond tonight, eh?
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: DM83 on December 11, 2017, 04:58:05 AM

Maybe it's the beer talking Marge but you got a butt that won't quit.

They got those big chewy pretzels here merJanthfgrr $5??!!!? get outta here...
#Ride?