Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

It is amazing that a healthy roster does for performance of a club.

And its AHL affiliate.  When your best prospects are playing in the A instead of sitting in the pressbox of the parent team, wow.  The moose are icing a very talented squad right now, and it is showing in the standings.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

The limited injuries, I quite agree, certainly has helped the talented, skilled players to mature & thrive as a team.
Chevy, his advisors & the network of scouts, do a lot of homework analysis which has been paying off in superlatives so far this year, in Moose & Jet results.

Can Chevy make some tough decisions, add & subtract the pieces necessary to help PM & his staff close the final 2/3rds & make a playoff statement ???
                STAY TUNED !!
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

I expected a push-back from the Red Wings but the Jets have been pitifully bad tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 06, 2017, 01:40:07 AM
I expected a push-back from the Red Wings but the Jets have been pitifully bad tonight.

You would think all these Michigan boys would play better in front of friends and family?
Nope

Pitiful PP

I will be honest I FF most of the game

They always suck in Detroit
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Bad bad game...put it behind them and get back to the winning.   A 5 game losing streak would do some damage - standings are very tight

blue_or_die

You can't win 'em all. We have been on the other side of that for years where we were the crap team and then would host Chicago and dominate. It's how you respond to a loss and go back to winning ways immediately that matter in an 82 game season. On to Florida.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 06, 2017, 02:09:20 AM
You would think all these Michigan boys would play better in front of friends and family?
Nope

Pitiful PP

I will be honest I FF most of the game

They always suck in Detroit

They won there last season. They won there in 2014-15. They won there in 2013-14. More wins than losses in Detroit.

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 06, 2017, 01:35:52 PM
You can't win 'em all. We have been on the other side of that for years where we were the crap team and then would host Chicago and dominate. It's how you respond to a loss and go back to winning ways immediately that matter in an 82 game season. On to Florida.

Precisely. They faced a desperate team last night and simply weren't up to the task. Time to put it in the rear-view and focus on tomorrow's game in Sunrise.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Interesting to note that Perrault played the least ....... only 12 shifts for 9:14.   Hendricks next at 16 shifts for 9:18.
Surely Armia & Perrault with Lowry, as a line, can't be far away.    Lowry only has 4 points playing with Copp & Tanev.
Let Copp with 6 pts. & Tanev, with 5 pts.,  play with Hendricks, at 6 pts. ......who has less than a shot per game.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 06, 2017, 02:28:42 PM
They won there last season. They won there in 2014-15. They won there in 2013-14. More wins than losses in Detroit.

Precisely. They faced a desperate team last night and simply weren't up to the task. Time to put it in the rear-view and focus on tomorrow's game in Sunrise.

LOL fair enough I just wanted someone else to go look up the history there I was to lazy. Just more of a mindset playing the Wings I suppose.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 06, 2017, 06:03:22 PM
LOL fair enough I just wanted someone else to go look up the history there I was to lazy. Just more of a mindset playing the Wings I suppose.

sheer brilliance...

LOL

theaardvark

The Kulakov signing is looking pretty good...  I remember a Sabres fan tweeting "I hope you enjoy it in February when both the weather and Kulikov are -26

Not so much now...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on December 06, 2017, 08:52:35 PM
The Kulakov signing is looking pretty good...  I remember a Sabres fan tweeting "I hope you enjoy it in February when both the weather and Kulikov are -26

Not so much now...

Sabres fans are pretty dumb. They still think their team won the 2015 trade... LOL

I mean, the Sabres' blue line has 1 goal. The entire defense has just one goal. That's pathetic.

Kulikov is a good defenseman. He just played on a garbage team before this season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 06, 2017, 11:29:01 PM
Sabres fans are pretty dumb. They still think their team won the 2015 trade... LOL

I mean, the Sabres' blue line has 1 goal. The entire defense has just one goal. That's pathetic.

Kulikov is a good defenseman. He just played on a garbage team before this season.

We could have given Kane to them for free and we'd have won that trade.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 07, 2017, 01:04:07 PM
We could have given Kane to them for free and we'd have won that trade.

Nailed it.

Anyhoo, Comrie gets the start in net tonight vs. the Panthers.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 07, 2017, 04:54:56 PM
Nailed it.

Anyhoo, Comrie gets the start in net tonight vs. the Panthers.

Wowzers. That'll be interesting.
My wife is amazing!