Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

blue_or_die

Quote from: gbill2004 on November 22, 2017, 12:33:30 PM
Correction  ;)

Definitely, reliable and clutch goaltending is the difference between this year and last year. We were always able to pot it in the back of the net, but had to win games 5-4. No argument here.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Is it time to trade Trouba yet?  Keep hearing that he won't sign a long term deal, he doesn't want to be here, etc... maybe its time to move on from him? 

I know, Enstrom is down, and if we traded Trouba, we're one injury away from Melchiori... which isn't a horrible thing, depending on what you get back for him. 

If you got a solid 2nd pairing LD with a good contract, a prospect and a decent pick, I think that's be pretty good...  and you eliminate the conversation "does he want to be here", which makes the team look bad... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on November 22, 2017, 03:56:31 PM
Is it time to trade Trouba yet?  Keep hearing that he won't sign a long term deal, he doesn't want to be here, etc... maybe its time to move on from him? 

I know, Enstrom is down, and if we traded Trouba, we're one injury away from Melchiori... which isn't a horrible thing, depending on what you get back for him. 

If you got a solid 2nd pairing LD with a good contract, a prospect and a decent pick, I think that's be pretty good...  and you eliminate the conversation "does he want to be here", which makes the team look bad... 

Move on from Trouba? Are you crazy? If we're forced to deal him when his UFA deadline finally gets closer that's one thing, but in no way should we 'move on' from one of our best players just because he hasn't signed a long-term deal yet.

blue_or_die

Hmm, haven't heard anything about that. I really hope it's reporters being bored and he signs long term this summer.
#Ride?

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Jacob Trouba is the bobble head they are giving away at one of the last home games this season, so Chevy knows something we don't. He's here for the longhaul.  ;D

blue_gold_84

No, it's not time to trade Trouba. What credible source has said he won't sign a long-term deal or that he doesn't want to be here?

And no, the "does he want to be here" conversation doesn't make anyone look bad, especially the team.

Where do you come up with this stuff? ???
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 22, 2017, 05:36:50 PM
No, it's not time to trade Trouba. What credible source has said he won't sign a long-term deal or that he doesn't want to be here?

And no, the "does he want to be here" conversation doesn't make anyone look bad, especially the team.

Where do you come up with this stuff? ???

This is hardly making stuff up. Trouba sat out games last season asking for a trade. This isn't some rumour, it's what we all witnessed.

I hope we can resign Trouba, but I hope that Chevy has a clear understanding of Trouba's intentions (I'm sure he does) prior to the FA deadline so we can deal him if we need to.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on November 22, 2017, 05:42:42 PM
This is hardly making stuff up. Trouba sat out games last season asking for a trade. This isn't some rumour, it's what we all witnessed.

I hope we can resign Trouba, but I hope that Chevy has a clear understanding of Trouba's intentions (I'm sure he does) prior to the FA deadline so we can deal him if we need to.

It is making stuff up. If you want to be specific about it, officially he held out for two reasons:

1) He wanted to play on the right side
2) He wanted to play in the top 4 (or get top 4 minutes, however you look at it)

That was his official stance all the way through the holdout. He never said he 'didn't want to be here (in Winnipeg specifically) or anything like that. You may find rumours or speculations on that, but he nor his agent every listed that as the reason. 

TrueBlue75

I too haven't heard a peep about any of this Trouba not wanting to play here or sign a long term deal stuff... There was definitely lots of talk about that last fall when he was holding out but I haven't heard anything negative since then. I'm not buying it.

Going to be tough to stay up for the late game tonight. UGh, 9:30 start time. Friday's game in the afternoon is weird too. I get that it's a holiday in the US, but when one of the teams is Canadian (non-holiday team), you would think they would try and somewhat accommodate us too. Ah well. Time to get some wins in California.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 22, 2017, 05:56:03 PM
It is making stuff up. If you want to be specific about it, officially he held out for two reasons:

1) He wanted to play on the right side
2) He wanted to play in the top 4 (or get top 4 minutes, however you look at it)

That was his official stance all the way through the holdout. He never said he 'didn't want to be here (in Winnipeg specifically) or anything like that. You may find rumours or speculations on that, but he nor his agent every listed that as the reason. 

It is true that those were his stated reasons, but you also have to take into account that when an agent is negotiating through the media, you should probably take his comments with a grain of salt.

I certainly haven't made my mind up one way or the other, but given that he has previously held out while asking for a trade, I'm going to keep my mind open until he signs on the dotted line.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on November 22, 2017, 07:23:19 PM
It is true that those were his stated reasons, but you also have to take into account that when an agent is negotiating through the media, you should probably take his comments with a grain of salt.

I certainly haven't made my mind up one way or the other, but given that he has previously held out while asking for a trade, I'm going to keep my mind open until he signs on the dotted line.

I think a lot of fences have been mended since. Purely my opinion but I think Trouba feels his a-hole agent embarrassed him last year. His agent wanted something like 10 years @7.5 mill. Chevy rightfully balked at that but his play will dictate his worth and he will get just that. Maybe even a premium for playing a position in particularly high demand.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 22, 2017, 05:42:42 PM

Read Aardsy's post again and I think you'll better understand my reply to it. Trouba has since signed a contract and has played in his desired role, quite well I might add. Has he expressed dissatisfaction since then? Nope. Has he requested a trade since then? Nope. What happened a year ago isn't relevant at this point in time. He seems pretty content from what I can tell and I won't speculate on things one way or another.

This bolded part seems to indicate something in the present. So, I asked for a credible source. I didn't accuse him of making up anything, but his initial comment seems like nothing more than him trying to stir the pot. It's pointless and unnecessary.

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on November 22, 2017, 06:32:14 PM
I too haven't heard a peep about any of this Trouba not wanting to play here or sign a long term deal stuff... There was definitely lots of talk about that last fall when he was holding out but I haven't heard anything negative since then. I'm not buying it.

Nobody is. Because there's nothing to it.

Anyway, Mason gets the start tonight in LA.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

sure hope the "fences have been mended" if they indeed were even torn.
If those were the 2 basic requests Trouba had, as reported, then my thought still was & is now ......... OR did he tell Chevy ...... he takes his skates & hits the road
That to me would yell ........ I'm hear for the short term           Count me as a Fan of Trouba's but a nervous fan.

Meanwhile ..... Trouba leads, with Kulikov, in Dmen Even Strength points .... at 6 (he only has 7 total) but has the most shots on the net of our Dmen at 48.
Time on ice is 2nd for the D at a respectable average of just under 22 minutes, with Buff at over 24.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

Where have you heard that lately?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!