Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

to an earlier comment or two ........ I feel that if Buff or Trouba were to be moved, that Chevy needs to bring in a Top LH shot Dman.
Though I think the world of Morrissey, he & Kulikov are not relevant when thinking of PP shot from the point.
For me, Meyers & Trouba could certainly be productive on the PP but a left shot Dman is missing ........ oh & Buff is overused in my opinion.

Bit disappointed that Mason is not in goal tonight, as I think he deserves it & why not HellB vs the Flyers ...... as I don't buy into Mason should play vs his former team

CONCERN: the lack of offensive results, at even strength,  from Little (at +/- 0) centering Ehlers & Laine who are both at -1.
Little is super at faceoffs but as a line I don't see the gelling, with control of puck & multiple chances created, per game .......... all 3 hopefully will blossom tonight
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jockitch on November 14, 2017, 07:14:06 PM

Bit disappointed that Mason is not in goal tonight, as I think he deserves it & why not HellB vs the Flyers ...... as I don't buy into Mason should play vs his former team

I think it makes sense to give the nod to the starting goalie after the backup got his game in, in the b2b on the weekend. I think Mason wants to play his former team and they will give that to him.
#Ride?

BomberPride

I think Mason needed a W to get his rhythm/confidence going against his former team. Otherwise, I'd say Helly would have gotten the start.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

blue_or_die

Good. Beat a team we should have beaten.

I know we saw this demonstrated Saturday, but my goodness Arizona is an awful team.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 15, 2017, 01:19:05 PM

I know we saw this demonstrated Saturday, but my goodness Arizona is an awful team.

Yeah, the Jets still seem to play down to their opponent at times. But when they did turn it up last night, they made their opportunities count.

Loved the ceremony for Ducky. I can't wait to see who's next.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 15, 2017, 01:32:42 PM
Yeah, the Jets still seem to play down to their opponent at times. But when they did turn it up last night, they made their opportunities count.

I think it might be Steen, but that's just a guess. Maybe some older fans will have a better idea of who it ought to be. They appear to be going chronologically through the eras, so Steen was a part of the Hawerchuck glory days and would fit in being inducted second to him.

Those banners, along with the Moose ones, sure do look sexy hanging from the rafters at our barn.
#Ride?

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 15, 2017, 01:32:42 PM

This is where it gets confusing weird. Kovalchuk?  :D

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 15, 2017, 05:24:29 PM
This is where it gets confusing. Kovalchuk?

No, it isn't confusing. There's no rationale at this point in time honouring a player who never wore a Jets jersey, be it 1.0 or 2.0, over actual individuals who did play hockey here.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 15, 2017, 07:44:56 PM
No, it isn't confusing. There's no rationale at this point in time honouring a player who never wore a Jets jersey, be it 1.0 or 2.0, over actual individuals who did play hockey here.

Agreed - hoist up a Ray Neufeld banner before Kovalchuk...

I am not confused in the least.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 15, 2017, 01:41:58 PM
I think it might be Steen, but that's just a guess. Maybe some older fans will have a better idea of who it ought to be. They appear to be going chronologically through the eras, so Steen was a part of the Hawerchuck glory days and would fit in being inducted second to him.

Those banners, along with the Moose ones, sure do look sexy hanging from the rafters at our barn.
Steen had some domestic violence issues recently, so I think TNSE will avoid him, because of the controversy that will follow. 

blue_or_die

Quote from: gbill2004 on November 15, 2017, 08:17:46 PM
Steen had some domestic violence issues recently, so I think TNSE will avoid him, because of the controversy that will follow. 

Bobby Hull.

But yeah, I forgot about that.
#Ride?

Jockitch

Was real pleased to see how well HellB played last night ........... he made multiple stops that were so crucial.
If he had been a bit off earlier in game, then the Coyote confidence level would sure have made this game a tougher one to win.

Hooray for Little ..... nice finish
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

True Blue

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 15, 2017, 01:19:05 PM

I think the Moose may be able to keep up them right now.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 15, 2017, 07:44:56 PM

I don't disagree, and I understand why the Jets are adding members into their hall of fame, but I will point out that the Arizona Coyotes have retired Bobby Hull's number.

Edit: Just fact checked this and looks like Hull's number 9 was put back into circulation when the team was sold a couple of years ago. Clayton Keller is currently #9.

Jesse

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 16, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
I don't disagree, and I understand why the Jets are adding members into their hall of fame, but I will point out that the Arizona Coyotes have retired Bobby Hull's number.

Edit: Just fact checked this and looks like Hull's number 9 was put back into circulation when the team was sold a couple of years ago. Clayton Keller is currently #9.

And I will point out that I don't think TNSE cares what the Coyotes do/did.

I doubt we ever see any honours given to Thrashers players.
My wife is amazing!