Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 16, 2017, 06:04:06 PM
#NHLJets Mathieu Perreault out for approx 4 weeks; Kulikov 2 wks or less; Lowry another game or 2; Mason starts in goal Tues. vs Columbus.

Looking forward to seeing what Connor's got. He has I think 7 points in 4 games with the Moose so far.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 16, 2017, 06:34:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Connor's got. He has I think 7 points in 4 games with the Moose so far.

This is a great opportunity for him to see if he can stick with the big club. I'm stoked to see him play.

Also glad to learn Mason is getting the start tomorrow vs. the Jackets.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Press Box Perrault is hurt again.    Bad luck, black cloud or somehow brittle ....... this competitor struggles to stay healthy.
Stats show, not counting 2 incomplete seasons with the Caps, he has played 4 previous seasons here & for various reasons has missed 61 games ..... YIKES !!

Great opportunity for Connor, without a doubt.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on October 16, 2017, 06:34:26 PM
Huge confidence game for him...he comes in and stinks it up it will a big blow to him mentally...

Agreed. The team is playing better in general so that should help. He really didn't get much help during the first game and a half.

TrueBlue75

Two terrible turnovers leading to Blue Jackets goals followed by a softie goal for Mason. If the Jets are consistent at anything it's being inconsistent. Back to the poor playing after 3 decent to good games.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on October 18, 2017, 01:45:14 AM
Two terrible turnovers leading to Blue Jackets goals followed by a softie goal for Mason. If the Jets are consistent at anything it's being inconsistent. Back to the poor playing after 3 decent to good games.

Mason no doubt should've had that last one. But after a solid first period, they just fell apart in the middle frame.

Beauty goal by Connor, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I said before and I'm going to say it again.

This team going anywhere  With a coach like PoMo. Loser coach!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

JMT21

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 18, 2017, 03:54:27 AM
I said before and I'm going to say it again.

This team going anywhere  With a coach like PoMo. Loser coach!

Am starting to agree.... I get that Mason is the starter but you just don't sit a goalie whose won 3 straight for you.  Does the team perhaps play a bit differently when #37 is in net?   Back to Helly on Friday.

The Zipp

This team is really weird, no real identity and it seems that they don't have a sound system or aren't following what they have..they were overplayed in the first period - Mason made some good stops.  I don't have a problem with Maurice giving him a shot, you need 2 goalies and he needed to get his confidence - that didn't happen...

I still think Huddy and Flaherty needed to be axed in the off-season - this division is going to be tough, last night was a winnable game at home and they were outmatched, out played.  Glad I am not dropping 200+ per game to see this anymore (not that Chipman cares as there is still a huge line up of people willing to shell out big $$ for the chance of seeing some exciting offensive play from Laine, Ehlers etc.)

BomberPride

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 18, 2017, 09:49:04 PM
meaning?

There was no secondary scoring (assist) on those goals. I think that's what BomberPride means, anyway.

But actually, only two goals were unassisted: Foligno's (10:50 of period 2) and Sedlak's (18:11 of period 2).
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

PloenFan

Looking at the shots allowed during the first six games, we seem to be allowing between 30 and 40 shots per game.
It looks as is Helly is handling the volume, allowing one or two goals per game, which gives us a chance to win.
However, Mason is allowing an average of six goals on the same volume of shots.
Looking at his career stats, it looks as he averaged about 25 to 30 shots per game during his career.
What's different between him and Helly: does he give up more rebounds ?
I heard a comment on a post game show about Helly and how he's like Velcro, not allowing rebounds.
Do the defencemen need to do a better job or clearing rebounds or blocking shots ?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: PloenFan on October 19, 2017, 01:42:29 AM
Do the defencemen need to do a better job or clearing rebounds or blocking shots ?

Yes. Not just the defensemen but the entire team when they're in the defensive zone.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?