Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 12, 2017, 03:37:20 PM
He gets traded. 

Not this year he doesn't, and if it's beyond this year it's to a contender.

gbill2004

Quote from: Colton on October 12, 2017, 08:15:13 PM
Not this year he doesn't, and if it's beyond this year it's to a contender.
He's got a NMC this year, but he can still be traded. 

Colton

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 12, 2017, 09:31:22 PM
He's got a NMC this year, but he can still be traded. 

If he chooses to he can be, but in the context of "He must do X, or else", no, he can't be.

gbill2004

Quote from: Colton on October 12, 2017, 09:41:14 PM
If he chooses to he can be, but in the context of "He must do X, or else", no, he can't be.
Yes I understand how a NMC works. But often if a teams asks a player to waive it, they will. The NMC just gives the player more control.

ModAdmin

A good night when the Jets beat the Canucks 4 - 2.  Even better week if the Bombers beat the Lions on Saturday!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 13, 2017, 04:42:13 AM
A good night when the Jets beat the Canucks 4 - 2.  Even better week if the Bombers beat the Lions on Saturday!

Indeed. Nice road win for the Jets tonight! Hellebuyck is looking solid in net.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

PloenFan

Nice to see Helly backstop us to nice road wins in Edm and Van !
So do we keep him in net, or give Mason another chance ?  ???

gbill2004

Quote from: PloenFan on October 13, 2017, 11:40:19 AM
Nice to see Helly backstop us to nice road wins in Edm and Van !
So do we keep him in net, or give Mason another chance ?  ???
Helle keeps starting as long as he keeps playing well/winning. 

TrueBlue75

Hellebuyck has played pretty good the past two games but I would give Mason a chance soon to get back in. He deserves it as the team was playing so poorly in front of him. He's got to get his confidence going and build that trust with his defenders.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on October 13, 2017, 12:47:40 PM
Hellebuyck has played pretty good the past two games but I would give Mason a chance soon to get back in. He deserves it as the team was playing so poorly in front of him. He's got to get his confidence going and build that trust with his defenders.

Agreed. If not tomorrow, I see Mason getting back in net on Tuesday against the team that drafted him.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on October 13, 2017, 12:47:40 PM

IMO you ride the hot hand and maintain the line up until cracks start to show. Obviously down the line, assuming BuckBuck continues his great play, he will need a rest, but that may not be for several more games.

"My" plan of Helle coming in and killing it, taking over and owning the starters job is looking good! lol
#Ride?

theaardvark

Was listening to 1290 yesterday, and they were discussing the conspiracy.  I think it was Weibe that shut them down (although they kept on about it after) by stating:

1 Buff was walking with a limp, no way he goes to that level of deception to hide a benching.

2 A benched player doesn't get to miss practice, they go extra, especially when a bag skate is called.  If you are healthy, you don't skip a bag skate, and if you're being benched you do extra.

Pretty solid reasoning...

Buff is injured, day to day with a lower body soft tissue injury (Weibe also let it drop that it is a groin).  This can be short term, or very long term, needing surgery. 

The way Poolman is playing, not missing Buff at all... 

Here's a concept, Trouba is tied up for 2 years at $3mil.  Does it make sense right now to trade him?  Or do we squeeze this year out of him first?  Once Buff is healthy, that is... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

That Buff contract is now looking like a massive mistake. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 13, 2017, 04:52:19 PM
That Buff contract is now looking like a massive mistake. 

After four games...? ???
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 13, 2017, 05:25:38 PM
After four games...? ???

After 2 games ;)

I'm sure, when he gets healthy, Buff will be his normal self.  A risk/reward guy that needs his D partner/forwards to have his back now and then.

Just curious, the Buff/Lean that came to camp was supposed to be in great shape.  Yet he has looked awkward on the ice, and now this injury.  Did he overtrain in the offseason, and not pay attention to his game?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.