Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jersey on October 11, 2017, 05:15:05 PM
Im here. Wow... 3 games in, one win on the year and yeah... id guess this would be your comment.  :D Isn't it so exciting to win a game? Yes Jets deserved that win. Im worried about big picture though. Oilers have a lot of work to do! But Ok, so remember you started it as usual... no whining later on!

I go to New Years Eve game in E town!

Whining about what later?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Jason Bell‏ @WFPJasonBell  10m10 minutes ago
More
No D Dustin Byfuglien (lower body) at #NHLJets practice at UBC rink today. Injured C Matt Hendricks had short skate before the group. #WFP

somehow I am not overly concerned if Buff isn't out there tomorrow...

Jockitch

saw a few pics of this tremendously large Sturgeon (think that's what it was ID'd as) that Hendricks & Buff landed on their off day in B.C.
........scratching my head at what Buff's lower body issue is, if he can be out landing or helping to land that giant of a fish
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

I read an article today that shows since 2011-12, the Jets have a .909 save% with Buff on the ice and .924 with him off.  There's only 2 D-men with a worse differential in the entire NHL, with a sample size of at least 2000 shots.   

I'm pretty sure Buff is currently a healthy scratch. 

galeforce

Mark Scheifele's article on theplayerstribune.com (an excellent website where all of the articles are written by athletes).

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/mark-scheifele-top-5-nhl/

In Motion

I think what Wheeler said after the game was very telling.
"We all bought in this evening and won the game."

There is pressure on Buff now to buy into the system
or else, in my opinion.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: galeforce on October 12, 2017, 02:46:22 AM
Mark Scheifele's article on theplayerstribune.com (an excellent website where all of the articles are written by athletes).

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/mark-scheifele-top-5-nhl/

An excellent article and a really good resource to get into the minds of pro athletes. Love this one by #55. Thanks for sharing!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 11, 2017, 09:29:07 PM
I read an article today that shows since 2011-12, the Jets have a .909 save% with Buff on the ice and .924 with him off.  There's only 2 D-men with a worse differential in the entire NHL, with a sample size of at least 2000 shots.   

I'm pretty sure Buff is currently a healthy scratch. 

Quote from: In Motion on October 12, 2017, 06:08:17 AM

or else, in my opinion.

Either way, he seems to be enjoying the BC part of the trip...

BarDown‏Verified account @BarDown
Dustin Byfuglien and Matt Hendricks caught a massive sturgeon in Vancouver with the @SturgeonSlayers. MORE: http://www.bardown.com/dustin-byfuglien-and-matt-hendricks-caught-a-massive-sturgeon-1.882347
?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: In Motion on October 12, 2017, 06:08:17 AM

or else, in my opinion.

He's on a $7.6M deal that takes him to the age of 36... or else what?

gbill2004

Quote from: Colton on October 12, 2017, 03:08:30 PM
He gets traded. 

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 12, 2017, 03:37:20 PM
He gets traded. 

Big contract. Somebody would have to really like him and we'd have to take one back.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on October 12, 2017, 03:08:30 PM

Or else nothing. He has a soft tissue injury which is keeping him from playing. For some reason, though, fans here think there's some conspiracy afoot because he and a teammate went fishing.

I can't see any team entertaining a trade for that massive contract, either.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 12, 2017, 04:23:48 PM
Or else nothing. He has a soft tissue injury which is keeping him from playing. For some reason, though, fans here think there's some conspiracy afoot because he and a teammate went fishing.

I can't see any team entertaining a trade for that massive contract, either.
Troy Westwood suggested he's been a healthy scratch.  Hustler is assuming the same thing if you listen to his show. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on October 12, 2017, 05:18:03 PM
Troy Westwood suggested he's been a healthy scratch.  Hustler is assuming the same thing if you listen to his show. 

I don't listen to either. They're both lousy and unqualified.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Hard to say on this one. If Maurice wanted to sit him down, it's a heck of a lot easier to say he's got a soft tissue injury then it would be to publicly bench him. It's probably most importantly better for Buff to do that, because he hates the media at the best of times and now won't be mobbed by interviewers asking why he isn't playing well, if he's out of shape, what he thinks about being a healthy scratch, ect.

There are a lot of reasons why Maurice would go this route, if, and that's a big if, he wanted to sit him. There's no question that Buff can be a rover out there and for a team trying to nail down consistency with their systems, it must be tough to do it with him on the ice.