Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jets4life

Quote from: Jockitch on September 29, 2017, 09:11:13 PM
I'm still not sold on why we spent $$ to get Kulikov (cheering that he delivers) ....... vs what I have seen from Chiarot (reliable in my eyes), Melchiori & the potential in Nogier.

Chiarot= 26 years old, and a journeyman
Melchiori= 25 years old, horrible, career AHLer
Nogier= 21, journeyman, only played last year due to injuries.


Poolman looks much better than all 3 combined
Niku is going to go places after a year or two in the AHL
Stanley may turn it around and prove the critics wrong in a couple of years
Green and Samberg look very promising

QuoteWatched workout today ...... regular line was Petan with Scheif & Wheels but Petan did not work with the 2 PP groups.
On the PP. ...... Connor worked with Little, Ehlers & with Myers & Trouba ........ while Buff & Laine at the point with Perrault, Scheif & Wheels.
Armia killed with Mathias while Dano & Copp worked together ....... the Pen.Kill groups all worked a very passive box (personally think this is proven to be crap)
Little skated with Ehlers & Laine while Perrault was with Roslovic & Armia ...... Copp, Tanev & Connor made up another unit

Absent was Lowry, which was no surprise but Hendricks was missing         Spacek & Lemieux worked on things on a separate sheet & only joined in the final 15 minutes & did zippo


God I hope Tanev and Hendricks starts in the AHL.  It would be a crime against humanity if they took up a roster spot while guys like Roslovic, Dano, Petan, Spacek, and even Lipon are wasting away in the AHL.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: jets4life on September 30, 2017, 03:05:48 AM
Chiarot= 26 years old, and a journeyman
Melchiori= 25 years old, horrible, career AHLer
Nogier= 21, journeyman, only played last year due to injuries.


Poolman looks much better than all 3 combined
Niku is going to go places after a year or two in the AHL
Stanley may turn it around and prove the critics wrong in a couple of years
Green and Samberg look very promising

God I hope Tanev and Hendricks starts in the AHL.  It would be a crime against humanity if they took up a roster spot while guys like Roslovic, Dano, Petan, Spacek, and even Lipon are wasting away in the AHL.

I think Hendricks will end up being a great signing!

Tanev I like his energy however PB guy mostly.

Stanley could be a bust but I hope not.

Pool man should flurish in the A

I didn't know Andy Samberg played fir us?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

jets4life

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 30, 2017, 05:27:17 AM
I think Hendricks will end up being a great signing!

Tanev I like his energy however PB guy mostly.

Stanley could be a bust but I hope not.

Pool man should flurish in the A

I didn't know Andy Samberg played fir us?

Hendricks is a over-the-hill 36 year old 4th liner. 
Tanev can skate fast but that is it.
Poolman has earned a shot on the opening roster.
Jets drafted Dylan Samberg?

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jockitch on September 29, 2017, 09:11:13 PM
I'm still not sold on why we spent $$ to get Kulikov (cheering that he delivers) ....... vs what I have seen from Chiarot (reliable in my eyes), Melchiori & the potential in Nogier.
Poolman on the other hand ........ he is such a valuable up & comer.

Watched workout today ...... regular line was Petan with Scheif & Wheels but Petan did not work with the 2 PP groups.
On the PP. ...... Connor worked with Little, Ehlers & with Myers & Trouba ........ while Buff & Laine at the point with Perrault, Scheif & Wheels.
Armia killed with Mathias while Dano & Copp worked together ....... the Pen.Kill groups all worked a very passive box (personally think this is proven to be crap)
Little skated with Ehlers & Laine while Perrault was with Roslovic & Armia ...... Copp, Tanev & Connor made up another unit

Absent was Lowry, which was no surprise but Hendricks was missing         Spacek & Lemieux worked on things on a separate sheet & only joined in the final 15 minutes & did zippo


Thanks for the detailed report!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

Jockitch

Skating with Lowry & Armia yesterday was Tanev .......... PM likes Tanev & he sure has a big opportunity if Copp can't go tomorrow or for awhile
Meanwhile Connor was the odd man out at the workout ........ think Kyle C. would greatly benefit starting with the Moose

Getting giddy in anticipation of the start of this playoff bound season.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "
               
          HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/10/02/jets-go-with-old-faithful-on-the-wing

Perreault and Wheeler on the wings with Scheifele at centre on the top line. Second line is Little at centre with Laine and Ehlers on the wings.

One more sleep!! ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 03, 2017, 03:36:33 PM
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/10/02/jets-go-with-old-faithful-on-the-wing

Perreault and Wheeler on the wings with Scheifele at centre on the top line. Second line is Little at centre with Laine and Ehlers on the wings.

One more sleep!! ;D

As long as they don't crap the bed opening night against the leafs. They have all ways played the leafs tough here.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TrueBlue75

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 03, 2017, 09:40:17 PM
As long as they don't crap the bed opening night against the leafs. They have all ways played the leafs tough here.

I'd be okay with a repeat of last year's overtime game! Matthews with the breakaway, gets stumped. Laine gets the winning goal! I'm preparing for all the Matthews this and Matthews that talk from the Sportsnet crew... ::) Hope the Jets pound the crap out of the Leafs! They are my version of the riders in the NHL. I despise all things Toronto Mapleleafs.

The Zipp

$6 million a year isn't bad if he delivers (can say that for all players I guess)


BREAKING: This morning #NHLJets will announce a 7-year contract extension for forward Nikolaj Ehlers worth $42 million.

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on October 04, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
$6 million a year isn't bad if he delivers (can say that for all players I guess)


BREAKING: This morning #NHLJets will announce a 7-year contract extension for forward Nikolaj Ehlers worth $42 million.

Funny, the notification I got said 6-year @7 mill lol
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on October 04, 2017, 01:33:09 PM
$6 million a year isn't bad if he delivers (can say that for all players I guess)


BREAKING: This morning #NHLJets will announce a 7-year contract extension for forward Nikolaj Ehlers worth $42 million.

Source?
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.


blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a stupid timeline.

theaardvark

randy turner‏Verified account @randyturner

BREAKING: Authorities on lookout for Kevin Cheveldayoff, 47, who just robbed local #NHLJets player Nik Ehlers at penpoint. Story coming.


Ok, robbing is a little over the top, but considering that Winnipeg is much maligned by FA's, this is an awesome signing, with some very solid long term benefit.  Having #55 and #42 locked up for 7 years at 13.5mil combined is going to make filling in the rest of the roster a lot easier...  and they will have good players alongside them, and a good team. 

Great signing, Chevy. 

Love to hear the caller(s) that was/were on the morning show recently complaining about Chevy.  Especially the one complaining about how Calgary just signed Jagr for $1mil, and why couldn't we?  Oh, FYI, Calgary just signed Tanner Glass too... when you still have room on your roster for Tanner Glass, after you have signed Jagr... well...


Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.