Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: buckzumhoff on May 19, 2018, 12:38:53 PM
No big stops by Hellebuyck. when you need them. jets outplayed them. Nice goal by Meyers. Like to see them insert a few players.

Hellebuyck made some huge saves, what are you talking about.  That knucklepuck muffin on the breakaway that went bar down, pure puckluck, he had that one saved except for a millimetre...

Insert players?  Really?  Like who?  Crosby?  Sure, if we could...  This was the best lineup we've iced all year.  We were in it until the last whistle.  ON the raod, in a hostile rink, with MAF standing on his head.  Again.

Sometimes you just get goalied...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

buckzumhoff

Hellebucyk wasn?t screened on the last goal.  Need to stop a shot from 35 ft out on a wrist shot . He had the puck on the second goal,  should either hang onto it or pass it to your , own player.  I?d put Lemieux in for Copp he will at least go to the net. Copp is playing ok but need some more traffic in the other goalies crease . Play Morrow or another good Moose defense man , they have quite s few that are smart with the puck and shoot.

gbill2004

I still think the Jets win this series in 7 games.

PloenFan

Maybe we need to start the today's game same as game one: score three quick goals on Fleury and play some defence to hold the lead !?  ??? :D

The Zipp

Kulikov in - charot out

Enstrom out morrow in

TrueBlue75

Also Copp out, Armia in. Interesting changes. Sara Orlesky tweeted that they are healthy scratches. Coach making aggressive moves and hopefully it pays off. I?ve got a good feeling about this one!

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 20, 2018, 07:18:16 PM
Also Copp out, Armia in. Interesting changes. Sara Orlesky tweeted that they are healthy scratches. Coach making aggressive moves and hopefully it pays off. I?ve got a good feeling about this one!

Jets lookin lost in their own zone.  Expected more urgency on offence

dd

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 20, 2018, 07:18:16 PM
This is a tomato tomahto move. Neither copp or armia have done anything both are middle of the road players.

We need output out if our top goal scorers-Laine, as Sheiff and Wheeler

The Zipp

Well that was fun....too bad we couldn't beat Vegas...hopefully we have a shot next season but there is no guarantees - could miss the playoffs or win the cup. 

Vegas dominated us and I suspect they will win the Stanley cup. It was more than fleury- they forced the jets into mistakes with an aggressive forechecking and then capitalized on them...we had bursts where we won periods of hockey but they played a much more complete series. 

On to the CFL now. 

dd

You re right, vegas plays a high tempo pressure game--which is the jets gig, but the jets couldn't handle the pressure. They had very little time when they had the puck and often were forced into bad plays/passes with the puck--like vegas's first goal

No doubt who was the better team tonight, they were worthy of the win

gbill2004

Jets didn't adjust their game in the Vegas series.  They also looked tired...perhaps mentally and physically. 

theaardvark

Have to wonder which Jets are hurting, because the entire team seems off... 

Seemed like after game one, everything seemed to bounce Vegas way...  pucks jumping sticks, hitting refs, even something as dumb as a strap on a goal mask...

Pretty solid season, though...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

PloenFan

It appears that Vegas has hit their ceiling with the talent they have.
However, our young guys, including Hellebuyck, should get even better, and could win us a Cup not only next year, but perhaps a few more after that !?  ;D

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on May 20, 2018, 11:02:58 PM
Have to wonder which Jets are hurting, because the entire team seems off... 

Seemed like after game one, everything seemed to bounce Vegas way...  pucks jumping sticks, hitting refs, even something as dumb as a strap on a goal mask...

Pretty solid season, though...
Lowry was playing with broken ribs. Laine said he?s fully healthy.

TrueBlue75

I?m not even mad about being out of the playoffs. I could sense it coming with how the series was going and I guess mentally prepared for this. This team had a fantastic run and the experience that these young guys got was huge! How fun was this season and playoff run? Winnipeg has a great thing going and I hope this is just the start of a contender team streak for many years.  I really hope Chevy can find a way to sign Stastny, but I?m not sure that can happen. I?m looking forward to an even better 2018-2019 season! And don?t forget, The Hockey News predicted the Jets as 2019 Stanley Cup champs  ;) On to the Bombers!