Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Crazy...that is why you avoid getting to game 7 if you can - goalie has an off night (or off 10 minutes) and you can be done.

PK can be crying and diving into his cereal this morning.

Vegas will be tough - they are very fast and MAF has been a brick wall in net.  Hopefully the Jets can shake off the ghosts of playing poorly at home and deliver two wins before heading to LV...

Home ice advantage all the way to the Cup now.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

I have to bring these up again because it just keeps getting funnier  :D

Quote from: bomber4life85 on August 16, 2017, 05:39:06 AM
My post was stating that the Jets prospects aren't any good and they showed it. Did they come close to playoffs? No. And you claim I don't know what a prospect is. I never stated I didn't know.  With their lack of signings and improvements this year it's going to be another loooong year. 5th in division is generous, they may take 6th infront of Colorado

Quote from: bomber4life85 on August 16, 2017, 06:24:48 AM
Colton I said the prospects suck because the AHL team sucks. Not because they didn't make the playoffs. I stated they didn't make the playoffs. I'm not dumb. I know what prospects are. Someone mentioned prospect pool. I said what prospect pool. Our prospects have been prospects since 2011. Nothing's amounted to anything. The young stars tourney of Jets prospects were absolutly terrible. Winnipegs AHL team was near bottom of the league.. again..so where's all these prospects?? Let me clarify my point again. The jets aren't going anywhere. They will be near bottom of division again. Their goaltending sucks, their D sucks and their prospects aren't amounting to anything. There's no arguing that because the proof is in the stats. They fluked playoffs one year because Pavelec decided to stun the league with amazing goaltending. I just don't see anyone stepping up on D or goaltending to make a difference this year. The few prospects that have done very well for Winnipeg and are still year don't have a team built around them. Bad trades, cheap out signings are a huge part of the problem. Who's stepping up on D this year? Who's stepping up in goal? I don't see anyone. They took a step forward when they made the playoffs.. it's been a step back every year since then.

Quote from: bomber4life85 on August 16, 2017, 06:20:16 PM
Who said I was an Oilers fan I just tell it like it is. You can keep saying Jets had wins against string opponents etc. I never said they wouldn't win a game. Some people can't handle the truth about Jets poor management and it's the reason why they will miss the playoffs again. Like I said last year. I tell it like it is. Not bias. If the Jets were capable of a playoff push and had a chance, I'd have no issue saying it. Anyways that's all I'm saying in the Jets part of this forum until they're out agsin in feb . ;)

Quote from: bomber4life85 on August 21, 2017, 11:04:57 PM
Uhh he's been hardcore oil fan since I can remember even when they sucked. Oilers are a team to talk about now. They'll likely be next cdn team to win cup. Jersey always is on hockey forums talking bout Oilers last 10 years. He's literally Winnipeg s biggest oil fan since like 2002

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on May 11, 2018, 02:59:48 PM

Awesome! Haven't heard a peep from Jersey either, lol!

Colton

To be fair, the proof was in the stats...  :D

Jesse

Quote from: Colton on May 11, 2018, 03:19:57 PM
To be fair, the proof was in the stats...  :D

I certainly didn't expect Helle to do what he's done. I assumed our offence would look great, but that our D would hold us back.

I thought Mason was pretty much a Pavelic clone and hoped that Helle would take a small step forward in development. His Vezina calibre season took me by surprise. 
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on May 11, 2018, 01:27:12 PM
PK can be crying and diving into his cereal this morning.

LOL :D

Never-ending entertainment, eh! ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

GCn19

Vegas has gotten a lot of mileage out of their team speed this playoffs, however, unlike their competition thus far we can match their team speed. We also match up in the goaltending battle. Can they match our skill and depth? NOPE.

Jets in 5
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

New_Earth_Mud

Lol...thats way to funny.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jockitch

Getting close to Showtime ....... but in this case it is not on stage in Vegas
Looking forward to the spectacle of speed & tenacity by both teams ........ with hope that the Jets have more finish with the chances they get.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Buff looks possessed. 

The team needs to play a lot better, this should have been 7-0 before the third period started.

They were fast, they were hitting, but they did not have finish. 

Will be interesting to see what Gallant does for game 2, and whether we can step it up...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on May 13, 2018, 04:19:38 AM
The team needs to play a lot better

They prevented the Knights from taking a shot on net for over 10 minutes in the third, they absolutely do not need to play better to beat Vegas.

PloenFan

I think both teams can play better, and this is going to be a pretty exciting series !  :)

The Zipp

Quote from: Colton on May 13, 2018, 04:37:09 AM
They prevented the Knights from taking a shot on net for over 10 minutes in the third, they absolutely do not need to play better to beat Vegas.

Vegas will play better at some point in this series but the Jets should be able to match them.  MAF can keep them in games alone.  If the Jets can stay focused they can win in 5 or 6..

theaardvark

Quote from: Colton on May 13, 2018, 04:37:09 AM

Not talking about Vegas...

If/when they finish off Vegas, there is still one more series to win...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on May 13, 2018, 06:03:52 AM
Not talking about Vegas...

If/when they finish off Vegas, there is still one more series to win...

4 games the caliber they played Game 1 would sweep any of the three remaining teams.