Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 23, 2018, 03:06:48 PM
That's good to know.  Which backup...Hutch, Comrie or Mason? 

Hutchinson got the start on Mar. 13 in Nashville. The Jets surrendered 2 SHGs on a single power play and he was promptly pulled for Hellebuyck who saved all 30 shots he faced.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 23, 2018, 03:09:40 PM
Hutchinson got the start on Mar. 13 in Nashville. The Jets surrendered 2 SHGs on a single power play and he was promptly pulled for Hellebuyck who saved all 30 shots he faced.
Thanks...now I remember that game.  So that wasn't really against our backup. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 23, 2018, 03:10:57 PM
Thanks...now I remember that game.  So that wasn't really against our backup.

Sure it was. Hutchinson allowed the 3 goals and thus collected the loss.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 23, 2018, 03:17:22 PM
Sure it was. Hutchinson allowed the 3 goals and thus collected the loss.
Yea, you are right. 

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 23, 2018, 03:09:40 PM

Was that not also the game where we had a large number of starters out?

The biggest thing I fear from this series is injuries to key players. If my memory serves me well, I think it was the last game that the Jets played them that they were running into our goalie a lot and giving extra shots after the whistles. Jets have to be very physical but stay out of the box at the same time. I would be happy if the Jets could steal a win in the first two games.

blue_or_die

Any predictions for what the schedule will be like? Kinda seems like we will probably start the next series on the earlier side which I think might be Thursday, and probably play game 2 Saturday. Hope they release it soon- need to plan my life around this  ;D
#Ride?

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 23, 2018, 04:27:32 PM
Any predictions for what the schedule will be like? Kinda seems like we will probably start the next series on the earlier side which I think might be Thursday, and probably play game 2 Saturday. Hope they release it soon- need to plan my life around this  ;D
Ya I heard first game will either be Thursday or Friday, but likely Thursday.  Then I heard through an unconfirmed source, that game two will depend on whether the Leafs or Boston advance.  If it's the Leafs then the Leafs will play the Saturday, and the Jets would play Sunday.  But if Boston advances, then the Jets would play game two on Saturday.

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 23, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
Was that not also the game where we had a large number of starters out?

The biggest thing I fear from this series is injuries to key players. If my memory serves me well, I think it was the last game that the Jets played them that they were running into our goalie a lot and giving extra shots after the whistles. Jets have to be very physical but stay out of the box at the same time. I would be happy if the Jets could steal a win in the first two games.

that would be great...coming home down 2 is tough.  These playoffs will be such on grind on the emotions...how do the fans of the Penguins do it so much??

blue_or_die

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 23, 2018, 04:39:13 PM
Ya I heard first game will either be Thursday or Friday, but likely Thursday.  Then I heard through an unconfirmed source, that game two will depend on whether the Leafs or Boston advance.  If it's the Leafs then the Leafs will play the Saturday, and the Jets would play Sunday.  But if Boston advances, then the Jets would play game two on Saturday.

lol, Centre of the Universe just HAS to be showcased on a Saturday night, as all the nation waits to see the mighty, storied Leafs. lol.
#Ride?

Stretch

You'd hope that they'll announce the next round's schedule today. With only one series left and the winner playing at Tampa to start, you should be able to give both possibilities: "If Boston wins the schedule is ___, and if Toronto wins the schedule is ___."

Why make everyone else wait just because the Leafs aren't choking like they're supposed to?
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

GCn19

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 09:34:35 PM
That is quite the stretch if you are trying to compare Hendricks-Ehlers situation to the movie Rudy.

It's beyond reasonable comprehension. Let's just pretend for one minute that this was even a remote possibility, which it isn't, and say the Jets wanted to somehow get Hendricks into the game as a reward. There are 4-5 forwards the Jets would sit before Ehlers. I have to wonder in what world Aards lives in that he thinks taking out your second line 30 goal winger and replacing him with a fringe NHL 4th liner is even remotely plausible in the playoffs.

That would be like the Bombers deciding to sit Harris in the 2nd half of the playoff game last year because Normand worked so hard all year.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GCn19

Quote from: Stretch on April 24, 2018, 01:46:59 PM
You'd hope that they'll announce the next round's schedule today. With only one series left and the winner playing at Tampa to start, you should be able to give both possibilities: "If Boston wins the schedule is ___, and if Toronto wins the schedule is ___."

Why make everyone else wait just because the Leafs aren't choking like they're supposed to?

Game 7 chokes are the best.

GCn19

I think we have a great chance of beating Nashville. We can more than match their physicality and we will wear down their defence. The regular season means little. We are bigger, stronger, faster, and deeper than they are. If we play smart we should be able to get past them.

Jesse

Quote from: GCn17 on April 24, 2018, 02:58:36 PM
I think we have a great chance of beating Nashville. We can more than match their physicality and we will wear down their defence. The regular season means little. We are bigger, stronger, faster, and deeper than they are. If we play smart we should be able to get past them.

I would be scared if this were a one-game-take-all scenario, but I am more optimistic over the course of a 7 game series. The games will be tightly contested, that's for sure.
My wife is amazing!