Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 21, 2018, 04:01:30 AM
Actually, it is quite fitting that the Jets went out tonight and smoked a Dubnyk... on 4-20

Cheers Aards....  Thats funny.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Chris1982

I am going to the first Moose playoff game today as well.... excited to see what kind of crowd the Moose can draw right now.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 11:46:45 AM
I am going to the first Moose playoff game today as well.... excited to see what kind of crowd the Moose can draw right now.

That should be fun too.

Chris1982

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 12:11:47 PM

That should be fun too.

I am wondering if the Moose will get a good crowd for the playoffs with all the Jets excitement happening right now.  I don't really know of any dedicated Moose fans.... they just seem to be a consolation for when you can't get tickets for the Jets.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 12:44:30 PM
I am wondering if the Moose will get a good crowd for the playoffs with all the Jets excitement happening right now.  I don't really know of any dedicated Moose fans.... they just seem to be a consolation for when you can't get tickets for the Jets.

I know a bunch of Moose fans that are going.

Tough gig for the Moose but they know the goal is to get the big team a Cup.

Chris1982

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

I know a bunch of Moose fans that are going.

Tough gig for the Moose but they know the goal is to get the big team a Cup.

Can't beat the price.  Still lots of good seats left.  I got tickets this morning for 28 bucks a piece (plus fees) in the 100s section, row 10. 

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 01:45:04 PM
Can't beat the price.  Still lots of good seats left.  I got tickets this morning for 28 bucks a piece (plus fees) in the 100s section, row 10. 
There?s lots of $10 off promo codes around too. Hope you used one of those. The one I have is LETLOOSE, which gives you $10 off each ticket.

gbill2004

I was at games 1 and 5 this series. Big difference in atmosphere between the two games. Game 1 felt more surreal and was more intense, where game 5 felt more like a party, especially in the third period. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 21, 2018, 01:50:17 PM
I was at games 1 and 5 this series. Big difference in atmosphere between the two games. Game 1 felt more surreal and was more intense, where game 5 felt more like a party, especially in the third period. 

Definitely has to do with the score.  Game 1 was so close and "exciting", barely winning 3-2.  Game 5 would be more of a party being up 5-0.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 21, 2018, 01:50:17 PM

Game 1 will always feel that way as teams sorta feel eachother out.

The Jets came out last night on a mission to put it away quick. They seemed to know what to do to the wild.

Both teams after 4 games no what to expect from each other. Its all about who can push their game on the other.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 21, 2018, 03:57:46 PM
You've never watched Rudy? Poor fellow...

Well what does that have to do with anything?

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 04:08:40 PM

Well what does that have to do with anything?

Everything, it has everything to do with it.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

NHL Public Relations  @PR_NHL

The @NHLJets became the first team to post a series-clinching shutout win by a margin of 5+ goals since @SanJoseSharks in #Game7 of the 2016 Conference Semifinals vs. NSH (5-0 W). #NHLStats #StanleyCup

Its great seeing the league want to keep putting out the Jets name, but attaching "records" like this to truly historic events kinda waters down the message... 

We're we the first team to clinch a first round playoff series with only 2 left handed D playing in the final game?  Or some other less important "stat"?

2 back to back shutouts by a 24 year old,  most wins by an American goalie in a season... these are not "records" that anyone follows... might be an interesting tidbit for a colour guy to quote during a braodcast, sure, fill in empty air, but more than that?  Nah..

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 21, 2018, 05:31:23 PM
Everything, it has everything to do with it.

Can you explain?   Im not being a smartass i really dont get it.