Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 18, 2018, 11:12:55 PM
Welcome to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Mr. Niku
I wouldn?t be surprised if Myers or Enstrom return Friday, and it?s not Niku.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 18, 2018, 11:12:55 PM
NHL Player Safety @NHLPlayerSafety

Winnipeg's Josh Morrissey suspended one game for cross-checking Minnesota's Eric Staal.

Welcome to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Mr. Niku

Id rather we bring him along the same we did Morrissey. Both are the same sorta player with high hockey IQ.

As good and deep as our D is now its only going to get better. If Toby or Myers cant go then ya id put in Niku.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

I think Niku is ready for prime time.  Nothing more for him to prove in the A, and he did not look out of place playing with Buff in Montreal.  I'd bet dollars to donuts that we start next year with that pairing (with Enstrom gone/retired).

If we wrap up the series with 4 starting Dmen out of the lineup, Chevy needs a hat tip...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

No surprise on Morrissey.

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2018, 12:52:54 AM
I think Niku is ready for prime time.  Nothing more for him to prove in the A, and he did not look out of place playing with Buff in Montreal.

Nice job demonstrating your ignorance. Especially so when you base it on one game played in the NHL against the disaster that was the 2017-18 Canadiens.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

NorthernSkunk

The refs mess up hockey tournaments it doesn't matter at what level.  Kinda why I stopped following hockey at all.   That an the real jets are in Phoenix lol

Chris1982

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 19, 2018, 04:36:09 AM
The refs mess up hockey tournaments it doesn't matter at what level.  Kinda why I stopped following hockey at all.   That an the real jets are in Phoenix lol

Shane Doan was the last "real" Jet to play in Phoenix.... as soon as he retired, all of our old ties to the Coyotes ended.... we can now move on!  ;) ;) :D :D

gbill2004

Teams that take a 3-1 lead in a best-of-seven #StanleyCup  Playoffs series hold an all-time series record of 269-28 (90.6%). #NHLStats @EliasSports

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 19, 2018, 09:30:06 AM
Teams that take a 3-1 lead in a best-of-seven #StanleyCup  Playoffs series hold an all-time series record of 269-28 (90.6%). #NHLStats @EliasSports

Of the 28 times a team has come back from a 3-1 deficit in the NHL playoffs, the Winnipeg Jets franchise has lost 3 of them, lol.... (1990, 1992 and 1999 as Coyotes).

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 19, 2018, 01:04:08 AM
No surprise on Morrissey.

Nice job demonstrating your ignorance. Especially so when you base it on one game played in the NHL against the disaster that was the 2017-18 Canadiens.

Agree with your assessment.  Ironically though, I think he scored a goal in the only NHL game he has ever played, lol

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2018, 12:52:54 AM
I think Niku is ready for prime time.  Nothing more for him to prove in the A, and he did not look out of place playing with Buff in Montreal.  I'd bet dollars to donuts that we start next year with that pairing (with Enstrom gone/retired).

If we wrap up the series with 4 starting Dmen out of the lineup, Chevy needs a hat tip...

The Moose boss says it?s a physical thing with Niku (much like with Morrissey and even Scheifele). It?s not that the talent isn?t there, he just needs to get older before he?s ready for the NHL.
My wife is amazing!

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on April 19, 2018, 12:19:15 PM
The Moose boss says it?s a physical thing with Niku (much like with Morrissey and even Scheifele). It?s not that the talent isn?t there, he just needs to get older before he?s ready for the NHL.
Yea, ideally we don't see Niku in the playoffs and he is allowed to develop at a more comfortable pace in the regular season next year. 

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 19, 2018, 12:34:51 PM
Yea, ideally we don't see Niku in the playoffs and he is allowed to develop at a more comfortable pace in the regular season next year. 

I'm fine with him coming into the play offs if we need the body (if he is the best option we got, no reason not to use him). But looking forward, I would still expect to see him with the Moose next season as he continues to develop/mature physically.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Scott Billeck

@ScottBilleck
14h14 hours ago
More
Ron MacLean says he hears that Tyler Myers will be good to go for the #NHLJets on Friday.

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on April 19, 2018, 01:40:27 PM
Scott Billeck

@ScottBilleck
14h14 hours ago
More
Ron MacLean says he hears that Tyler Myers will be good to go for the #NHLJets on Friday.
Very nice! 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 19, 2018, 01:55:59 PM
Very nice! 

+1

Excellent news. He'll be needed with Morrissey out for tomorrow.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.