Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 17, 2018, 08:58:25 PM
I can appreciate an advantage, but I empathize with the Wild. It's like they were set up for failure as the regular season closed out.

I really wanted to play them at full strength with Suter and Parise to see how we match up.

We will have other teams to worry about.

I see what your saying but i only really think that way if it a one game takes all kinda thing like Football.

Hockey is more of a grind. We have been saying for years that we needed depth on our team and we finally have it. We have grinded it out all season using our depth as a team in one way or another.

Do i feel bad they lost a star?  Sure but so did we.

I dont feel bad if they might not have that depth to fill that position. We watched our Jets for years in that same position. I never felt bad for the Jets so im not going to feel bad about some other team.

And like i said.....  Many more teams will be coming up that we will see how we match up.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Tyler Ennis, Parise's replacement, is a pretty good player.  The Wild have good depth too. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 17, 2018, 09:17:58 PM
Wow... ZP - 2 goals all year, and then 2 in the first two games, and now out... for $9mil

I wonder, will Morrow and Chiarot ever flip partners?  I really liked Buff/Chiarot.  I get that Morrow is a vet presence, and might be called upon defensively a little more because of wandering Buff, but offensively, Chiarot and Buff makes a powerful shooting gallery...

You dont think its better to have teams worry about Buff blasting it on one line then have no break because Chiarot is coming next? Then Trouba after that?

Teams have to commit to the point that way. IMO our D is a nightmare to play against.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 17, 2018, 09:27:46 PM
Tyler Ennis, Parise's replacement, is a pretty good player.  The Wild have good depth too. 

I agree

Ennis is pretty good. Tough game tonight.

Jockitch

Agree that it should be a tough game ....... Dubnyk has to be weak for the Jets to get a real edge.
Real edge ...... we lost Myers, which is huge, while they lost Zach P., which is a real tough blow for them.
In the short run, Ennis may do okay so that is why the Jets have to penetrate Dubnyk, meanwhile play an aggressive, clean defensive game.

GO JETS GO
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Vezina Finalists as voted by the GMs: Hellebuyck (WIN), Rinne (NASH), Vasilevskiy (TB).

The Zipp

Better win tonight cause they likely won?t have Morrissey for game 5.

Just a terrible shot to Staal.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on April 18, 2018, 12:46:23 AM
Better win tonight cause they likely won?t have Morrissey for game 5.

Just a terrible shot to Staal.

No doubt. I will be shocked if he?s not suspended. That could have been a devastating injury on Staal. Jets are looking like they?re back to their usual style of play so far. This bodes well for us.

gbill2004

Morrissey will likely be suspended game 5.

The Zipp

PloenFan

Interesting that today the Jets recalled defenceman Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose.

http://moosehockey.com/news/niku-recall-apr1718/

The Zipp

The Zipp

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

I can breathe...wow.  Solid game all around.  Hellybuck is the star!!