Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 17, 2018, 03:10:43 PM
He won't play tonight though as I expect Poolman to be in for Myers, and Estrom is getting close. 

Funny how people, including myself, are now happy to have Toby in the lineup.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 17, 2018, 03:00:50 PM

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports

Don?t be surprised if #NHLJets recall D Sami Niku from #MBMoose of #AHL today.

Like...

Wonder why they would even bother calling him up today. Why not just wait till they are back in the peg.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: True Blue on April 17, 2018, 03:14:46 PM
Funny how people, including myself, are now happy to have Toby in the lineup.
I don't see how Toby gets in the lineup, unless we have another injury.  And if he gets in, he probably won't make it through the game without suffering another injury.  

New_Earth_Mud

Yup....  Niku has been called up.

Toby must be still pretty far away from returning.

Stretch

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 17, 2018, 03:19:04 PM
I don't see how Toby gets in the lineup, unless we have another injury.  And if he gets in, he probably definitely won't make it through the game without suffering another injury.  

Fixed.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

gbill2004

Quote from: Stretch on April 17, 2018, 04:52:13 PM
Fixed.
lol we agree!  Toby's body just can't handle the game anymore...especially playoff hockey.  It's time for Toby to call it a career. 

New_Earth_Mud

Expected lineup:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Copp-Little-Roslovic
Tanev-Lowry-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Chiarot-Poolman

Hellebuyck
Mason

Healthy scratches: Niku, Dano, Matthias

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 17, 2018, 06:18:32 PM
Expected lineup:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Copp-Little-Roslovic
Tanev-Lowry-Armia

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Chiarot-Poolman

Hellebuyck
Mason

Healthy scratches: Niku, Dano, Matthias
Love our depth!  Our D pairings still look pretty good, although I expect to see the top 2 pairings to play a bit more tonight. 

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 17, 2018, 06:28:37 PM
Love our depth!  Our D pairings still look pretty good, although I expect to see the top 2 pairings to play a bit more tonight. 

as long as the D pairings aren't standing in front of Helly screening him....

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on April 17, 2018, 07:23:38 PM
as long as the D pairings aren't standing in front of Helly screening him....
I know...just like last game.  We need to get more traffic in front of Dubnyk too. 

blue_gold_84

Michael Russo just reported Parise out 6-8 weeks with a fractured sternum (suffered in Sunday's game).

Huge blow to the Wild.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 17, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
Michael Russo just reported Parise out 6-8 weeks with a fractured sternum (suffered in Sunday's game).

Huge blow to the Wild.

Thats huge.

blue_or_die

I can appreciate an advantage, but I empathize with the Wild. It's like they were set up for failure as the regular season closed out.

I really wanted to play them at full strength with Suter and Parise to see how we match up.
#Ride?

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 17, 2018, 08:27:25 PM

Huge blow to the Wild.
That's big.  Just think, the Wild's two hugs free agent acquisitions from 2012, Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, are both out for the remainder of the playoffs.

theaardvark

Wow... ZP - 2 goals all year, and then 2 in the first two games, and now out... for $9mil

I wonder, will Morrow and Chiarot ever flip partners?  I really liked Buff/Chiarot.  I get that Morrow is a vet presence, and might be called upon defensively a little more because of wandering Buff, but offensively, Chiarot and Buff makes a powerful shooting gallery...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.