Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 13, 2018, 04:59:27 PM
Then you simply don't get the history and tradition of it. Makes perfect sense to me and apparently thousands of others.

Within the perimeter I suppose it makes a bit of sense. But to somebody tuning in to the game for the first time I can see how it could be confusing.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 13, 2018, 05:51:12 PM
Within the perimeter I suppose it makes a bit of sense. But to somebody tuning in to the game for the first time I can see how it could be confusing.

Less then zero idea you have.   Good grief man.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 13, 2018, 05:53:52 PM

Less then zero idea you have.   Good grief man.

When the white out first appeared the home team wore white. It made sense back then, now the team wears blue.....so really it makes no sense. and it's just an opinion, so no need for personal attacks.

blue_or_die

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 13, 2018, 06:21:41 PM
When the white out first appeared the home team wore white. It made sense back then, now the team wears blue.....so really it makes no sense. and it's just an opinion, so no need for personal attacks.

The white out didn't have anything to do with the colour of the home team's jersey back then.

Setting the bar pretty dam low for people "outside the perimeter" to be confused.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 13, 2018, 04:59:27 PM
Then you simply don't get the history and tradition of it. Makes perfect sense to me and apparently thousands of others.

Just ignore his thoughtless, stupid comments. They're only meant to stir the pot and don't add to anything of value to the discussions on this forum.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 13, 2018, 06:37:27 PM
The white out didn't have anything to do with the colour of the home team's jersey back then.

Setting the bar pretty dam low for people "outside the perimeter" to be confused.

What did it have to do with other than the home team wore white ?.......isn't that what some other teams fans do now is wear the colour of their team to the game

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 13, 2018, 06:37:27 PM

Unfortunately, it did...

Quotenitially, the team pitched an idea to encourage fans to wear the Jets' three main colours ? red, white and blue.

Not only would it be difficult for people to find multi-coloured clothes, it wouldn't be very bold, Palson thought. It would just look like a regular crowd of people with all those different colours.

"That wasn't going to make any kind of statement. How could it?" he said.

Rod Palson was in marketing in the 1987 and came up with the concept of the Winnipeg whiteout. He suggest simply asking fans to wear a white T-shirt, the main colour at the time of the team's home jersey.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-jets-whiteout-1.4616171

NorthernSkunk

Rod Palson was in marketing in the 1987 and came up with the concept of the Winnipeg whiteout. He suggest simply asking fans to wear a white T-shirt, the main colour at the time of the team's home jersey.

Where did blue_or_die go ?......

TrueBlue75

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 13, 2018, 05:51:12 PM

Seriously?? Within the perimeter??  ::) People around Canada understand how the whiteout started and why that tradition was brought back with this Jets team. Anyway, whatever. Think what you want.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 13, 2018, 07:06:44 PM
Seriously?? Within the perimeter??  ::) People around Canada understand how the whiteout started and why that tradition was brought back with this Jets team. Anyway, whatever. Think what you want.

I know older hockey people will understand, and know how it started. ...But why was it brought back now ? It's not like they won it all the last time they did it.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 13, 2018, 07:09:33 PM
I know older hockey people will understand, and know how it started. ...But why was it brought back now ? It's not like they won it all the last time they did it.

Flames started the sea of red yet at the time their home jersey was white. Was that confusing?

This year the Ducks wear black at home yey wave orange towels. Does that mess with your head?

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 13, 2018, 07:09:33 PM

Cause it?s fun, gets fans excited, looks cool, generates atmposphere, sells merchandise...

Enough reasons for you??

I clap at sporting events - my team doesn?t win every game - should I not clap when they play well??

Chill out and have some fun

blue_or_die

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 13, 2018, 06:55:19 PM

Where did blue_or_die go ?......

From all accounts I've heard, it was to look like where we are from- a cold place that jets snow storms. At least, that what was said in the documentary leading up to the game on SportsNet.

It's so interesting how you have never bothered to come onto this thread all year and when you do, it's nothing but crotchety cynicism. The team finished 2nd in the entire league and all you have to say is that Laine is acting like a goof and that dressing in white is confusing because the home team does not wear white?
#Ride?

The Zipp

Let?s go Jets.  Probably another close game and anxious moments throughout. 

Settle in for some fun!!

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 13, 2018, 08:32:32 PM
From all accounts I've heard, it was to look like where we are from- a cold place that jets snow storms. At least, that what was said in the documentary leading up to the game on SportsNet.

It's so interesting how you have never bothered to come onto this thread all year and when you do, it's nothing but crotchety cynicism. The team finished 2nd in the entire league and all you have to say is that Laine is acting like a goof and that dressing in white is confusing because the home team does not wear white?

Honestly blue or die I thought it had something to do a bit with being in the north(compared to other teams), An the snow etc etc as well....

...and I will admit...that I am still bitter about Winnipeg not supporting the jets enough the first time to keep them around. So the white out looks cheap to me.....it's a new team so come up with some new ideas...