Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

3-0. Two short handed goals for Preds on same penalty. This is getting ugly.

The Zipp

I have never seen two shorties scored like that on the same penalty

gbill2004

The Zipp

TrueBlue75

Well, this got ugly fast. The Jets look absolutely lost. I hope we escape without anymore injuries and stop the goals against at some point...

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 13, 2018, 11:36:41 PM
Well, this got ugly fast. The Jets look absolutely lost. I hope we escape without anymore injuries and stop the goals against at some point...
The goalie change calmed things down a bit.

gbill2004

From Ken Wiebe: I've seen the video of #NHLJets G Michael Hutchinson dropping an F-you - and believe that's directed at having to come out of the game. Jets just announce via Twitter that Hutchinson left the game with an upper-body injury. Will obviously follow up post-game

TrueBlue75

If there?s a bright side, at least the Stars and Wild are losing as of right now as well... Fingers crossed it stays that way.

gbill2004

They listed off the Jets current injuries and it?s literally half the team!  :o

blue_gold_84

Connor gets the Jets on the board with a PPG. Laine keeps his point streak alive with an assist.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

JMT21

According to most recent TSN Injury report:

Number of players on list:

Sharks - 2
Stars - 2
Ducks - 1
Wild - 1
Kings - 0
Preds - 0

Jets - 6 (Hendricks wasn't on the list so effectively it's 7)

gbill2004

Quote from: JMT21 on March 14, 2018, 11:15:46 AM
According to most recent TSN Injury report:

Number of players on list:

Sharks - 2
Stars - 2
Ducks - 1
Wild - 1
Kings - 0
Preds - 0

Jets - 6 (Hendricks wasn't on the list so effectively it's 7)
Was Stastny on the list?  I wouldn't mind seeing that list because I think it's longer than 6.  Hutch was being evaluated for a concussion last night too...

gbill2004

Kulikov is going for a second opinion on his injury.  That's usually not a good sign.  Speculation is that it's his back again.  My guess is that could end his season. 

theaardvark

So, Hellebuyck got a win last night, gave up 0 goals while we got 1...

Is this the end for Hutch?  I'm thinking its time for the Hellebuyck /Comrie show... 

I don't think Hutch's performance on the ice, or as he went off, is going to sit too well with anyone.  Vincent may be called upon to straighten him back out. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on March 14, 2018, 02:10:10 PM
So, Hellebuyck got a win last night, gave up 0 goals while we got 1...

Is this the end for Hutch?  I'm thinking its time for the Hellebuyck /Comrie show... 

I don't think Hutch's performance on the ice, or as he went off, is going to sit too well with anyone.  Vincent may be called upon to straighten him back out. 

That's not how it works.

I'm amazed at what I've read regarding Hutchinson since he was pulled. I really don't understand some of the harsh criticism directed at him. Did anyone watch the first 10 or so minutes of that game last night? He was absolutely shelled and kept the team in the game until that dreaded power play (12-0 SOG at that point). The entire team fell apart during that power play and there's plenty of blame to be spread around for those two shorties allowed only 34 seconds apart.

Thinking Comrie is the answer at backup at this point is crazy talk.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.