Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:13:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Trade Deadline...  (Read 3976 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 12:47:43 PM »

He doesn't have to do a Muamba tour to go to free agency. He simply has to have his agent receive offered and make his decision.

Muamba didn't have to do the Muamba tour either... but he did...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn17

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »

He can't talk to anyone until his contract lapses.  In the meantime, Edm can trade him anywhere, and that team has the ability to negotiate first.  You can bet the offer will be pretty substantial, and unless he wants to do the Muamba tour, he will probably sign with the team that actually traded for him, that wants to give him a starting spot.  Like Reilly and Willy...

If he is traded, there is a big advantage to the team who has him. They have a one month window in the offseason to use up all leftover cap space as a signing bonus to him and have the whole rest of the season to make sure that it is a significant amount. If say Toronto traded for him now, they could create a 200k in cap space for season's end and pay it as a signing bonus in December against this year's cap. That automatically puts them at a 200k advantage over any other team in a bidding war. Just an arbitrary number, but there is certainly a big advantage to a team in trading for his services now. Especially when you know the market will be heated for him.

Don't think for 5 seconds that teams aren't back channeling right now to find out what kind of numbers are in play. If no one trades for Franklin right now, it is simply because the back channels have revealed that Franklin already has decided where he is going.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:19:36 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
theaardvark

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »

If he is traded, there is a big advantage to the team who has him. They have a one month window in the offseason to use up all leftover cap space as a signing bonus to him and have the whole rest of the season to make sure that it is a significant amount. If say Toronto traded for him now, they could create a 200k in cap space for season's end and pay it as a signing bonus in December against this year's cap. That automatically puts them at a 200k advantage over any other team in a bidding war. Just an arbitrary number, but there is certainly a big advantage to a team in trading for his services now. Especially when you know the market will be heated for him.

Don't think for 5 seconds that teams aren't back channeling right now to find out what kind of numbers are in play. If no one trades for Franklin right now, it is simply because the back channels have revealed that Franklin already has decided where he is going.

Yup... and trading him after the GC has all those advantages for the team trading for him, while keeping his as insurance for EDM.  Cap space can be used for a month after the GC, so trading him pre-GC does not make any sense at all.  Especially to a team you may end up facing in the playoffs.  Once EDM is mathematically eliminated, then all bets are off.  But I don't see that happening...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn17

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 02:27:27 PM »

Yup... and trading him after the GC has all those advantages for the team trading for him, while keeping his as insurance for EDM.  Cap space can be used for a month after the GC, so trading him pre-GC does not make any sense at all.  Especially to a team you may end up facing in the playoffs.  Once EDM is mathematically eliminated, then all bets are off.  But I don't see that happening...

The advantage is what you will get in return. Far less after the GC.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Sammy225

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »

I think Franklin will be handled like Collaros and Willy.... Keep him till the end of the season incase MR goes down, then trade his right in the off season for a late rounder so said team can negotiate a contract before hand.
GCn17

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »

I think Franklin will be handled like Collaros and Willy.... Keep him till the end of the season incase MR goes down, then trade his right in the off season for a late rounder so said team can negotiate a contract before hand.

Collaros wasn't traded in the offseason, he was signed by Hammy as a FA and has been actively shopped around for a couple weeks now. Willy wasn't traded in offseason he was cut in camp and traded by us midseason.

theaardvark

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »

Collaros wasn't traded in the offseason, he was signed by Hammy as a FA and has been actively shopped around for a couple weeks now. Willy wasn't traded in offseason he was cut in camp and traded by us midseason.

Willy was traded TO us in the offseason (for Jade), whereupon we signed him, albeit without the advantage of the previous years SMS overage that would have been available had we traded for him before year end instead of days before FA starting. 

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 02:34:44 AM »

Would love to see us trade for a BJ Cunningham or an Ernest Jackson.

The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2017, 06:03:56 PM »

less than an hour left....
gbill2004

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »

less than an hour left....
Good thing TSN doesn't do a CFL Trade Deadline special! 
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »

Sutton wouldn't be a bad piece if Flanders is out for a while.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

cunningham looked like garbage last week. No thanks

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bowlerdude

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »

cunningham looked like garbage last week. No thanks

True, but even Derel Walker looked like garbage in that one. I don't think the monsoon game should be used to evaluate receivers much, other than confirming Zylstra is stupidly good.
GCn17

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:53 PM »

True, but even Derel Walker looked like garbage in that one. I don't think the monsoon game should be used to evaluate receivers much, other than confirming Zylstra is stupidly good.

I really hope Zylstra finishes strong so that it guarantees his NFL shot next year.

Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »

What a super exciting day every year.  I cannot believe all the action!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: