Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:46:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Trade Deadline...  (Read 2413 times)
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: September 11, 2017, 06:46:09 PM »

Trade deadline is one month away....Wednesday October 11, 2017 at 3:59pm ET
kkc60

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:35:56 PM »

Only teams I'm expecting to even consider trades are Sask and all the East
Tiger

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:12:09 AM »

Saskatchewan looks good and NFL guys seems to be coming back.  We'll see.  I think so ever the team is, if you make an upgrade at the right price why not?

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
kkc60

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »

Saskatchewan looks good and NFL guys seems to be coming back.  We'll see.  I think so ever the team is, if you make an upgrade at the right price why not?
I hope we do something but I'm just assuming sask if they are outta playoff contention and/or because Jones loves to trade
GCn17

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 11:55:32 AM »

I think Edmonton will trade Franklin to the East. In fact, I would wager on it.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 12:41:04 PM »

I think Edmonton will trade Franklin to the East. In fact, I would wager on it.

I agree, but not before the GC.  With the hit Reilly took last game, and watching Harris and Glenn go down, no way Edm is dumb enough to trade away Franklin regardless what is coming back in the trade.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn17

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »

I agree, but not before the GC.  With the hit Reilly took last game, and watching Harris and Glenn go down, no way Edm is dumb enough to trade away Franklin regardless what is coming back in the trade.

It's called smart asset management, and there are a lot ways they would trade away Franklin before the trade deadline. Same way we maximized value on Willy last year. Both TO, HAM, and MTL are all, for different reasons, teams that are likely looking at changing up their QB position in the near future. I could see any of them swapping out one of their current QBs to satisfy Edm's need for a backup plus paying handsomely to get Franklin.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:55:30 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »

Everyone is tradable. No one wouldn't be moved for the right price. Reilly is as durable as it gets in this league and if the right offer comes along, you can bet they'll take it. After all, the odds that Reilly makes it through the season without serious injury increases each game he finishes. Come October, it's even more likely. A good back up isn't worth anything if it's never used.
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »

Everyone is tradable. No one wouldn't be moved for the right price. Reilly is as durable as it gets in this league and if the right offer comes along, you can bet they'll take it. After all, the odds that Reilly makes it through the season without serious injury increases each game he finishes. Come October, it's even more likely. A good back up isn't worth anything if it's never used.

Yeah, insurance is just a waste if you never use it... c'mon man.  What possibly could they get in return that would be worth taking the chance of having to finish the year/playoffs without a QB? 

Collaros to SSK for Glenn and a 1st rounder, then flip Glenn and SSK 1st rounder and Hamilton's first rounder to EDM for Franklin... even that would be questionable return.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 01:29:32 PM »

Yeah, insurance is just a waste if you never use it... c'mon man.  What possibly could they get in return that would be worth taking the chance of having to finish the year/playoffs without a QB? 

Collaros to SSK for Glenn and a 1st rounder, then flip Glenn and SSK 1st rounder and Hamilton's first rounder to EDM for Franklin... even that would be questionable return.

Why is the concept so hard to understand? Teams trade players who they know they won't be able to resign all the time before trade deadlines.
theaardvark

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »

Why is the concept so hard to understand? Teams trade players who they know they won't be able to resign all the time before trade deadlines.

They don't trade vital players while they are in a playoff hunt.  Ever.  And if you don't think a top notch backup QB is vital, look to last year, that vaunted trade for Willy doesn't happen without Glenn (ewww) being available.  Yes, Walters thought twice about trading Willy for Heath and a first rounder for fear of not having a solid backup to Nichols.  He would have been willing to continue to pay Willy to sit on the bench, just in case.

As has been said before, trading Reilly might be as likely than Franklin...  meaning not likely at all...

The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »

QB might be a bit different - it is a risk to unload Franklin before the deadline - depends on how confident they are in whoever their #3 QB is, how healthy Reilly is and how much risk they want to incur as they push towards the playoffs.

If they don't trade him before the deadline - they will do it after the season for sure so they can get something...

or maybe they trade Reilly after the season??
GCn17

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »

QB might be a bit different - it is a risk to unload Franklin before the deadline - depends on how confident they are in whoever their #3 QB is, how healthy Reilly is and how much risk they want to incur as they push towards the playoffs.

If they don't trade him before the deadline - they will do it after the season for sure so they can get something...

or maybe they trade Reilly after the season??

So long as they get a viable backup in return then Edmonton has basically eliminated the risk of moving him. There are many trade options that would work for them. We moved our only viable backup in Willy last year, and traded for KG as insurance. It was easy peasy.

GCn17

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 02:22:22 PM »

The flaw fatale of your logic on this issue is that you are assuming that Franklin is the only possible viable back up for Edmonton. Just a purely false assumption.

thunderNlightning

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »

I wonder if TSN will run a 6 hour long trade deadline special?
🤣🤣🤣
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: