Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on January 06, 2020, 06:04:49 PM
Brady hasn't looked good all season. Rivers is done. Bree had people in his face all day, I be giving him another year or two but keep Bridgewater happy.

Clearly, you didn't watch him: http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/gamelogs

Goldie's not wrong. Like most QBs, Brady needs a supporting cast to be successful. He didn't have that as the season progressed, hence his inferior numbers later in it. Edelman was the only proven receiver who played from start to finish.

I also disagree that Rivers is done. He, too, needs pieces around him to succeed. Sure, age is not helping his cause (same with Brady and Brees), but to suggest he's done isn't reasonable.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Clearly I did, he wasn't very good the last half of the season. Like Manning, it's time for New England to draft a young QB.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on January 06, 2020, 07:37:42 PM
Clearly I did, he wasn't very good the last half of the season. Like Manning, it's time for New England to draft a young QB.

Was it all season or the last half of the season?  Make up your mind. :D

It's not at all remotely similar to Manning. And FTR, the Patriots did draft a QB just last year.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on January 06, 2020, 02:20:15 AM
It's a young mans game Goldy...there is no fighting Father Time as long as we are flesh and bones...Brady is actually the exception to the rule but even he is going to age and get slower/weaker and therefore less effective than when he was 30. 

There is a new generation of QB's rolling in..Watson, Jackson, Mahomes...they won't be as experienced but they will perform magic like deshaun did last night.   
oh nothing crazy. Maybe another strong year or two at the most for Brady Brees. Rivers and Roethlisburger I think is done already. I think Brady is out to lunch thinking he will be playing well at 45 though.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on January 06, 2020, 07:37:42 PM
I heard Belichick wants to give some kid on their roster named Stidham a shot. It think a 2nd or 3 rd round pick last year.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 06, 2020, 11:44:16 PM
oh nothing crazy. Maybe another strong year or two at the most for Brady Brees. Rivers and Roethlisburger I think is done already. I think Brady is out to lunch thinking he will be playing well at 45 though.

If they can work Teddy and Brees into the lineup maybe that would work.  All speculation but I think Teddy wins that game yesterday against his former team.

I was hoping the Steelers had an alternative at QB but what they have is trash. 

Brady is one hard hit from missing a bunch of games...like McCown said yesterday in his press conference "your body speaks to you different after 40"...he played a great game for an old guy coming off the bench.  Philly just has nobody of substance - all injured..

Pigskin

Stidham was picked in the 4th round, 133.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on January 07, 2020, 03:16:24 AM

What's your point? Brady was picked in the sixth round, 199th overall.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 06, 2020, 11:44:16 PM

He's 42 now, it's not a huge leap.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Not that we need to answer to you, but it's an answer to Goldie statement. I really do think you need a little help.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on January 07, 2020, 03:21:24 PM
Not that we need to answer to you, but it's an answer to Goldie statement. I but I really do think you need a little help.

Sure, resort to personal attacks instead of expanding on whatever point it is you're attempting to make.

First, you said Brady stunk all season. Then you said he stunk for half the season. And then you said it's time the Patriots draft a QB, despite the fact they already did. Maybe get your story straight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I actual never said he stunk, I said he hasn't looked good all season. The second half off the season it was pretty obvious that Brady just didn't have it anymore. As far Stidham is he a guy that can step in and replace Brady? I was talking about drafting a top rated QB. Lamar Jackson, or Josh Allen.

The Zipp

every team wants to draft the next Lamar...problem is those guys go pretty quick and they don't come around that often and in huge quantity...I think Belichek would have liked to have kept Jimmy G as his starter but that just didn't work out with respect to timing.

Maybe Stidham is the next Brady...maybe the Patriots are going to suck for a few years in a row - sign me up for that...

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on January 07, 2020, 03:16:24 AM
I knew it was a 2nd 3rd or 4th rounder. I was off about 30 picks. Sue me. :P

Pigskin

So what are people thinking for this weekend:

Vikings or 49ers.
Titans or Ravens.
Texans or Chiefs.
Seahawks or Packers.