Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on November 04, 2019, 02:59:25 PM
I've heard that one before

We sure have. Last night will serve as a wake-up call as it usually does with Belichick, but the first 8 games were easier competition than what they faced last night and looking ahead.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 04, 2019, 01:19:39 PM
Patriots got exposed last night. And their competition for the next half of the season should be similar.

Ravens are a bit of an unusual team. I wouldn't draw any long term conclusions from the loss.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Sensing a meltdown in Browns country soon...looking forward to watch that mess blow up...

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on November 04, 2019, 07:26:41 PM
Sensing a meltdown in Browns country soon...looking forward to watch that mess blow up...

I didn't get all the Super Bowl contender craziness that they were spouting pre-season, but I definitely thought they'd be better than this. How can they even manage being so terrible with all the talent they have on that team?

Gotta be coaching.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on November 04, 2019, 07:26:41 PM

Aaaaaand the meltdown was delivered via a tomahawk chop with a helmet to the head of Mason Rudolph...pure gold (glad no one was hurt) but come on that was some dramatic stuff. 

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on November 20, 2019, 06:36:07 PM
Aaaaaand the meltdown was delivered via a tomahawk chop with a helmet to the head of Mason Rudolph...pure gold (glad no one was hurt) but come on that was some dramatic stuff. 

Man, did you ever call that one.
My wife is amazing!

dd

The Raider got pumped by 30+ points for the second game in a row. Remind me why grudges still has a job!?!? What a joke of an organization, and to think I used to cheer for them when madden was there coach and the snake was their Qb!!! Total joke, chucky you suck!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on December 02, 2019, 03:03:28 AM
The Raider got pumped by 30+ points for the second game in a row. Remind me why grudges still has a job!?!? What a joke of an organization, and to think I used to cheer for them when madden was there coach and the snake was their Qb!!! Total joke, chucky you suck!!!
He is overrated and likely terrible. He looked perplexed most of the time.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 04, 2019, 06:40:40 PM
Ravens are a bit of an unusual team. I wouldn't draw any long term conclusions from the loss.

How about now? Consecutive losses and that offense is a mess.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 09, 2019, 02:39:21 AM
How about now? Consecutive losses and that offense is a mess.

But they're playing the Bengals this week and are about to drop a 50-burger on them.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on November 20, 2019, 06:36:07 PM

And the epic melt down of the Browns continues in fine form, from Twitter:

More fallout from the Jarvis Landry tirade during the Browns-Cardinals game: I'm told by two sources that before the game ended, 'multiple' Browns players yelled at the Arizona sideline to 'come get me'--asking to come play for the Cardinals. Landry, I'm told, was one of them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001088854/article/multiple-browns-say-come-get-me-to-cardinals

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on December 16, 2019, 06:49:34 PM
And the epic melt down of the Browns continues in fine form, from Twitter:

More fallout from the Jarvis Landry tirade during the Browns-Cardinals game: I'm told by two sources that before the game ended, 'multiple' Browns players yelled at the Arizona sideline to 'come get me'--asking to come play for the Cardinals. Landry, I'm told, was one of them.

What!! yikes!
#Ride?

The Zipp

Well no surprise here:

NFL has suspended Josh Gordon indefinitely for violating the league?s policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on December 16, 2019, 08:18:10 PM
Well no surprise here:

NFL has suspended Josh Gordon indefinitely for violating the league?s policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse.

Man, poor guy. If you want an example of the power of addiction and drugs this is exhibit A.

Gordon knows he's going to get tested. He knows he can't cheat the test. He's been positive four times before this and knows this is likely his last chance. He's can still make millions by staying clean. He does drugs anyway. What a waste. What a terrible, powerless feeling that must be.

I wish the NFL wouldn't suspend athletes for drugs if he player agrees and does the prescribed rehabilitation. This isn't a player doing MDMA at a party for giggles. This is a sick man who can't beat his addiction that goes back to grade 7.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

The Zipp

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on December 16, 2019, 08:45:34 PM
Man, poor guy. If you want an example of the power of addiction and drugs this is exhibit A.

Gordon knows he's going to get tested. He knows he can't cheat the test. He's been positive four times before this and knows this is likely his last chance. He's can still make millions by staying clean. He does drugs anyway. What a waste. What a terrible, powerless feeling that must be.

I wish the NFL wouldn't suspend athletes for drugs if he player agrees and does the prescribed rehabilitation. This isn't a player doing MDMA at a party for giggles. This is a sick man who can't beat his addiction that goes back to grade 7.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

Terrible cycle...and he has the resources available to him to assist with detox and rehab and support.  Many others don't have that and they lose their jobs as well cause the pull of the addiction is too strong...