Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on April 26, 2018, 03:50:08 PM
DRAFT DAY...

Is Baker going number ?  Some think he may

I would take Barkey if I was the Browns...differnce maker then pick up the QB at 4

Nothing like the NFL hype machine - I get sucked in and it's great!

Unless they truly want one QB ahead of the other two, I don't see why they wouldn't use their #1 on another position and pick up a QB with their #4.

If they do have one guy ahead of the others though, you don't hope he falls to you at 4.
My wife is amazing!

Chris1982

Quote from: The Zipp on April 26, 2018, 03:50:08 PM
DRAFT DAY...

Is Baker going number ?  Some think he may

I would take Barkey if I was the Browns...differnce maker then pick up the QB at 4

Nothing like the NFL hype machine - I get sucked in and it's great!

Darnold is guaranteed to go number 1 to the Browns. 
Giants will probably take Barkley.
Baker will probably go number 3 to the Jets.
Browns will take Chubb at number 4, then the rest is up in the air....

Chris1982

I am hearing all of the talk and rumors about Dorsey now favoring Mayfield over Darnold.... but I still find that hard to believe they would pass on Darnold.

Jesse

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 26, 2018, 04:42:10 PM
I am hearing all of the talk and rumors about Dorsey now favoring Mayfield over Darnold.... but I still find that hard to believe they would pass on Darnold.

You can almost never buy in to they QB talk. Especially as it get's closer to draft day.
My wife is amazing!

Colton

To me Darnold looks like by far the worst of the big name QBs, so he's a perfect fit for the Browns.

Jesse

Quote from: Colton on April 26, 2018, 04:46:00 PM
To me Darnold looks like by far the worst of the big name QBs, so he's a perfect fit for the Browns.

I believe reports that they're leaning towards Allen. Whether that is at 1 or 4, who knows.
My wife is amazing!

Chris1982

As of right now Mayock has Darnold going 1 to Browns, Barkley at 2, Mayfield at 3, and Chubb at 4.

This makes the most sense, plus Mayock is the best in the business for NFL draft projections - analysis.

Jesse

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 26, 2018, 04:54:51 PM
As of right now Mayock has Darnold going 1 to Browns, Barkley at 2, Mayfield at 3, and Chubb at 4.

This makes the most sense, plus Mayock is the best in the business for NFL draft projections - analysis.

He's the most well known, but in terms of accuracy....
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Allen is the prototypically sized QB with the biggest arm - but has low accuracy due to mechanical issues (according to reports).

The Browns don't need to take the most 'game-ready' starter with a potentially lower ceiling, because they're going to start Tyrod anyway. I see them goin for the guy with the best physical tools and have him sit for the year.
My wife is amazing!

Chris1982

Quote from: Jesse on April 26, 2018, 04:56:59 PM
He's the most well known, but in terms of accuracy....

Nope. I would disagree.  Yes, he is the most well known, but is generally also the most accurate.  His final draft projections are almost always spot on.

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on April 26, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
You can almost never buy in to they QB talk. Especially as it get's closer to draft day.
Yep, a lot of the talk is smokescreens by the GMs to try and facilitate trades. 

Chris1982

Quote from: Jesse on April 26, 2018, 04:59:31 PM
Allen is the prototypically sized QB with the biggest arm - but has low accuracy due to mechanical issues (according to reports).

The Browns don't need to take the most 'game-ready' starter with a potentially lower ceiling, because they're going to start Tyrod anyway. I see them goin for the guy with the best physical tools and have him sit for the year.

Allen is virtually guaranteed to go 3rd overall QB, possibly 4th.  Rosen may go 3rd.  Darnold and Mayfield are locks at 1 and 2.

gbill2004

I could be wrong but I thought I read that Mayfield didn't want to go to the Browns. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 26, 2018, 05:04:11 PM
I could be wrong but I thought I read that Mayfield didn't want to go to the Browns. 

No.  That is Josh Rosen.

Jesse

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 26, 2018, 05:02:17 PM
Allen is virtually guaranteed to go 3rd overall QB, possibly 4th.  Rosen may go 3rd.  Darnold and Mayfield are locks at 1 and 2.

This isn't an Andrew Luck year. None of these guys are locks.
My wife is amazing!