Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 28, 2018, 08:26:59 PM
I prefer mashed potatoes with the skin on.

Maybe he is making potato salad, or scalloped  :D :D ;) ;)

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 28, 2018, 08:51:59 PM
Maybe he is making potato salad, or scalloped  :D :D ;) ;)
Both are great with the skin on! 

The Zipp

I would rather peel than scrub and wash. Sometimes I will go with the smaller potatoes that are already washed then go more for the "smashed potatoes" with peel on.  Tonight is more traditional mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken and carrots. 

Chris1982

Quote from: The Zipp on January 28, 2018, 09:30:39 PM
I would rather peel than scrub and wash. Sometimes I will go with the smaller potatoes that are already washed then go more for the "smashed potatoes" with peel on.  Tonight is more traditional mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken and carrots. 

A little honey dill sauce on steamed carrots is amazing.

The Zipp

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 28, 2018, 09:52:27 PM

Butter with honey is actually on the carrots right now

Jesse

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 28, 2018, 09:52:27 PM

I wouldn't waste good honey dill sauce on steamed carrots.

Reserved for french fries and chicken nuggets.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on January 30, 2018, 05:12:18 PM

I wouldn't waste good honey dill sauce on steamed carrots.

Reserved for french fries and chicken nuggets.

Not sure if you knew this, but I actually have mastered making honey dill sauce at home. Waaaay cheaper than the premade stuff and it's super easy. Therefore, you can abuse it on something gross and healthy like carrots. I'll have to have you over to try it soon-- except on chicken fingers and fries of course.
#Ride?

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 30, 2018, 07:48:51 PM
Not sure if you knew this, but I actually have mastered making honey dill sauce at home. Waaaay cheaper than the premade stuff and it's super easy. Therefore, you can abuse it on something gross and healthy like carrots. I'll have to have you over to try it soon-- except on chicken fingers and fries of course.

The 3 ingredients are obvious... the amount of dill usually does not make a difference... mastering the honey to mayo ratio, that is the hard part.

theaardvark

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 30, 2018, 10:27:06 PM
The 3 ingredients are obvious... the amount of dill usually does not make a difference... mastering the honey to mayo ratio, that is the hard part.

Mayo or miracle whip?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on January 30, 2018, 10:48:47 PM
Mayo or miracle whip?

I've used both and the difference is negligible. My preference is Hellman's mayonnaise, though.

In football news, Chiefs trade QB Smith to the Redskins: https://www.tsn.ca/report-chiefs-agree-to-deal-smith-to-washington-1.983541
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 31, 2018, 02:52:16 AM
I've used both and the difference is negligible. My preference is Hellman's mayonnaise, though.

In football news, Chiefs trade QB Smith to the Redskins: https://www.tsn.ca/report-chiefs-agree-to-deal-smith-to-washington-1.983541

No surprises here as Cousins was already on his way out of Washington, and Chiefs were planning to go with Mahomes next year.

Chris1982

Quote from: theaardvark on January 30, 2018, 10:48:47 PM
Mayo or miracle whip?

Makes a difference to me.  I find Miracle Whip is more of a dressing and has a tangy flavour.  I prefer mayo as its creamier and makes it thicker.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 30, 2018, 10:27:06 PM

I agree, but I've made creamier (more mayo) and sweeter (more honey) and while different, both are great. I think adding a lot of dill makes it better.

I'm a mayo guy, who has been converted from Miracle Whip.
#Ride?

gbill2004

I like Hellmann's mayonnaise. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 31, 2018, 01:12:24 PM
I like Hellmann's mayonnaise. 

No surprises here.  Most people do.  95% of the mayos on the market use SOYBEAN OIL, which is cheaper... Hellmans uses CANOLA OIL, which is why it tastes better.