Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

There?s a former NBA ref in prison for fixing games. Don?t dismiss those who believe in games being fixed. It happens.

TecnoGenius

Yup, I have my official tin foil hat here.  I won't deny that.

Chris1982 is right, gotta just accept it and sit back and enjoy it, rigged or not.  Or like blue_gold_84 suggests, stop watching it.  I only watch the NFL playoffs anyhow...

I just wanted to throw out a feeler to see if others noticed the same things.  Some do, some don't.  The guys I watched it with sure did.  But maybe it's just us.

I think the NFL decided not to follow CFL with challengeable PI for precisely this reason... there's no better way to rapidly sway a game than 50yd PI's for the Pats, and giving no beneficial PIs to the opposition, while still giving an air of legitimacy.  "Refs just missed it."  "Refs just made an honest mistake."

And I find the dearth of replays on NFL games puzzling, unless it's done for a reason.  It's not like they don't have the time during the takes-forever 30s play clock intervals.  CFL/TSN does it waaay better.  Replays on nearly everything remotely close, and multiple angles.  Even in tempo O they'll go back a play or two once there's time if it's important (including every single PI).  NFL, almost nothing, except on TDs and circus catches.  Weird?  Or for a reason?

Again, I'm no NFL expert.  I'm just going by what I've seen in the past 3-4 weeks, and last year's post-season.  These are my gut reactions, and ones that other casual watchers might share.  Doesn't mean I'm right.  But it leaves a bad taste.

At least the Eagles are so bad (relatively) that they probably won't have to resort to chicanery to get the Pats to win this SB!  In fact, the challenge will be to make it close so people don't get bored by halftime.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

C'mon, leave the ref's alone.  There's only a couple of them on the field, they can't see everything.  The payers are so fast, how can you expect them to pick up on every little infraction.  And, they have to be on thier toes to get out of the way so they don't get pancaked, or used as a pick on routes...

And heck, they're volunteers!  Its not like they get paid or anything for doing this...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 22, 2018, 07:46:38 PM
Are you directing this at me?!  I actually said the opposite.  He said Philly only scores 13, and I told him that Philly should score more than 13 in the NFC Championship.  I think I predicted Philly scores 24 or 27.

Yes, and I asked how you could justify Philly scoring more than 13. And then you proved to be right.
#Ride?

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 23, 2018, 01:24:45 PM
Yes, and I asked how you could justify Philly scoring more than 13. And then you proved to be right.

Oh sorry... thanks for the cudos  :) :)  I thought you were being sarcastic cuz you put the "lmao"  ;) :P

GOLDMEMBER

Low scoring super bowl I believe 17-10 Pats
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Chris1982

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 27, 2018, 04:54:07 PM
Low scoring super bowl I believe 17-10 Pats

Bold prediction.  The Pats only scored under 20 points once in 16 regular season games this year.  The average Patriots game saw them win 28-19 this year.  Hard to see the Pats holding the Eagles to only 10 points.

I think it is going to be more of a 27-24 or 24-21 final. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 28, 2018, 12:06:47 PM
Bold prediction.  The Pats only scored under 20 points once in 16 regular season games this year.  The average Patriots game saw them win 28-19 this year.  Hard to see the Pats holding the Eagles to only 10 points.

I think it is going to be more of a 27-24 or 24-21 final. 
I think both Defences will step up. The Pats D is grossly underestimated and will have strong showing. BB will have a game plan to stop the eagles running game and Foles will be weak. The eagles D has that awesome DL and LB corps. That?s just the feeling I have for this one.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Chris1982

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 28, 2018, 02:22:15 PM
I think both Defences will step up. The Pats D is grossly underestimated and will have strong showing. BB will have a game plan to stop the eagles running game and Foles will be weak. The eagles D has that awesome DL and LB corps. That?s just the feeling I have for this one.

Like I say, BOLD prediction.  I will stick with my 27-24 or 24-21 final. 

gbill2004

Anyone else watching the Pro Bowl?  Sure is raining hard.

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 28, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

Gotta go peel some potatoes for supper...time better spent...

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 28, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

The pro bowl is a joke and a mockery of professional football.

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on January 28, 2018, 07:49:38 PM
Gotta go peel some potatoes for supper...time better spent...
I prefer mashed potatoes with the skin on.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 28, 2018, 08:17:50 PM
The pro bowl is a joke and a mockery of professional football.

I was at the last Pro Bowl in Hawaii a few years ago and they had receivers playing DB near the end of the game  :D

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 28, 2018, 08:28:17 PM
I was at the last Pro Bowl in Hawaii a few years ago and they had receivers playing DB near the end of the game  :D

I have also been to the pro bowl and the energy at the game is that of a high school game. Just a big drinking party with barely anyone paying attention to the actual game.