Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on March 13, 2019, 03:23:02 PM
OBJ to Cleveland, where Jones will work with him to convert him to a DB...

Just thought about this...  Jones fled to a team with a horrible outlook, coming from a horrible place.  Is he counting on taking advantage of being there when heads roll, and hoping to slide into the void?

Horrible outlook? What?

Sir Blue and Gold

Some things do change:

QuoteAfter the addition of Beckham, the Browns odds to win the AFC Championship increased from 12/1 to 7/1. They now have the third best odds to win the AFC next season, behind the two teams who played for the AFC Championship last season.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/03/13/cleveland-browns-now-third-best-afc-championship-odds/

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on March 13, 2019, 04:03:14 PM
Horrible outlook? What?

Just ignore him and his moronic comments. It was just opening for him to take another childish shot at Chris Jones.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

What the salary cap, $188 million. Crazy.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Gronkowski has retired from the NFL. :(
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Looks like Tyreek is done (or at least he should be) - not going to post all the details - they are on the internet.

Mahomes is on the Madden cover - RIP career

Giants took a huge reach at QB in the draft

In years gone by Kyler Murray would be in the CFL, thanks to Russel Wilson that isn't going to happen anymore.

The spectacle of the NFL draft is just mind blowing - reports there were 100k?? Fans standing and partying in the streets - in the rain for the draft!!   And booing goodell everytime he was at the podium

And that's NFL talk for this morning

buckzumhoff

Watched the draft . Interesting. Oakland picked a player ranked at 25  spot at the 4 th overall pick.  Liked the picks teams used to pick very good linebackers.  Didn't seem like a lot of good receivers running backs and QBs. Mainly defensive players

Fred C Dobbs

Thought this was an interesting tidbit about the draft:

QuoteWhen Bud Grant was drafted 14th overall in the 1950 NFL Draft, it was columnist Sid Hartman who broke the news to him.

Nearly seven decades later, the two ? now self-identifying as best friends ? each announced one of the Vikings 2019 draft picks.

?When I was drafted from the University of Minnesota, I went to the Eagles and didn?t even know until the next day,? Grant said. ?The Giants had called me and said they were gonna draft me, and I said, ?Well, fine.? Then I never heard anything. Then the next day it was, ?Oh, I see you got drafted by the Eagles.? Things have changed. 

?I was at the University, of course, and I didn?t have a phone. There were no cell phones, and I lived in an old fraternity house,? Grant added. ?They couldn?t have gotten ahold of me if they wanted to. It wasn?t as big of a deal then.?

Hartman, who began writing for the Star Tribune in 1945 and continues to produce a column at 99 years old, confirmed the anecdote.

Hartman recalled covering the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, of whom Grant was the head coach, in the 1962 CFL Grey Cup and then traveling from Toronto to Chicago to cover the NFL Draft.

?When the game was over, I took a train to Chicago,? Hartman said.

He tapped his index finger on the gray card table near him.

?They just had tables like this, people sitting at the table, three or four guys making the picks,? Hartman said.

Grant went on to coach for the Vikings from 1967-83 and again in 1985 and has served as a team consultant since.

https://www.vikings.com/news/best-friends-bud-grant-sid-hartman-announce-vikings-4th-and-5th-round-picks
Good advice: "There are a lot of idiots out there posting on forums. But if you ignore them, they will eventually go away."

Pigskin

Giants fans going nuts.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Huge turn of events in Indy:

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

The Zipp

Fans booing Luck off the field!!

blue_gold_84

Unreal news. But at least the fans in Indy are classy about it...
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Norlorne Dr.

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 25, 2019, 03:08:18 AM
Unreal news. But at least the fans in Indy are classy about it...

....for now.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Norlorne Dr. on August 25, 2019, 12:22:49 PM
....for now.

I was being sarcastic. ;)

He left the field at last night's pre-season game and the boos rained down. Some videos of jersey burning around the interwebs today, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Norlorne Dr.

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 25, 2019, 12:42:30 PM
I was being sarcastic. ;)

He left the field at last night's pre-season game and the boos rained down. Some videos of jersey burning around the interwebs today, too.

I worked last night so I was not able to watch.  I just watched it on youtube!!