The Jets in 2017-18

Started by jets4life, August 25, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How will the Jets do in the Central for 17-18?

Win division
1 (5%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
8 (40%)
Wildcard Spot
5 (25%)
Out of Playoffs
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 14, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

jets4life

My prediction is 4th.  The will make the playoffs as a Wildcard team.

GOLDMEMBER

I said 3rd on hfboards so 3rd here to.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

No playoffs unless goalie is killer
Power play is great
Limited injuries
Hope I'm wrong

buckzumhoff

Jets looked better last night.  Predict wild card spot .

Colton

3rd in the Central, at least 4 playoff wins.

The Zipp

Wildcard spot.  I think we can score - not sure about defence and impact on goaltending.  More confident if we had replaced Huddy. 

Laine, scheifs, wheeler, little...will be entertaining I think

Jockitch

Believe we will continue to score with perhaps even a 10% increase across the board with a real nice result from our Power Play .......
however .......  we need major improvements in
1. our goaltending can cut in 1/2, the "ooops" goals against
2.  Scheif & Lowry can move up to winning 50% of their draws (so we chase far less off a faceoff) & especially win when we are in our end on a PKill.
  3.  the lost games due to injuries figure be cut back substantially ........ need the Luck of the Irish on this one.

Well known to be, again anticipated to be such, a hard division/Conference to make the playoffs in ......... believe we will make it before the final 5 games of season.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on September 29, 2017, 09:30:21 PM
Believe we will continue to score with perhaps even a 10% increase across the board with a real nice result from our Power Play .......
however .......  we need major improvements in
1. our goaltending can cut in 1/2, the "ooops" goals against
2.  Scheif & Lowry can move up to winning 50% of their draws (so we chase far less off a faceoff) & especially win when we are in our end on a PKill.
  3.  the lost games due to injuries figure be cut back substantially ........ need the Luck of the Irish on this one.

Well known to be, again anticipated to be such, a hard division/Conference to make the playoffs in ......... believe we will make it before the final 5 games of season.

Someone?s been listening to Jim Toth in the mornings  :D
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

Catch bits & pieces of Toth & the gang but don't recall that view on a 10% increase hope .......... however it is a reasonable hope
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

So, anyone predict a 100+ point season? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Chris1982

Quote from: theaardvark on March 24, 2018, 09:25:44 PM
So, anyone predict a 100+ point season? 

I am pretty sure you already know the answer to that.

blue_or_die

Fun to look back at this.

I didn?t post in this thread but I recall thinking the Jets would be lucky to squeak in the final wild card spot. Quite happy to be super wrong!

We all knew we would score, but Hellebuyck was the difference maker. The Central was extremely tough but it was also nice to have help from Chicago being crap.
#Ride?

dd

Helebuyck has been the primary difference this year and he's played lights out. Also, our young guns have all stepped up their game. Kyle Connor has been a real pleasant surprise

gbill2004

Quote from: dd on March 25, 2018, 03:32:15 PM
Helebuyck has been the primary difference this year and he's played lights out. Also, our young guns have all stepped up their game. Kyle Connor has been a real pleasant surprise
I don't think fans fully appreciate Connor, because we have a superstar like Laine, but Connor is an absolute beauty!

Chris1982

Wheeler has been the biggest and best surprise of this year.  Lots of players outperformed their expectations, but Wheeler is by far our MVP this year.