Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2017, 02:25:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - August 24, 2017  (Read 7049 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: August 23, 2017, 01:06:13 PM »

Here is the position chart for tomorrow's game in Montreal.  Note:  Okpalaugo and Alexander in; Walker and Conteh out.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:18:13 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 01:14:59 PM »

Bombers 37 Allouettes 11
rubanski

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »

I guess we had an extra cdn on last week's roster as we've removed one and replaced him with an international.
BomberOptimist

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

If our defense does it's job, this should be a guaranteed win.

#Fire_Richie_Hall
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »

Things of interest:

Loffler on the roster despite not practicing. It's either smoke and mirrors and he's going to be out for awhile or he's good enough to play on Thursday. Okpalaugo in but behind Jeffcoat. Competition is a wonderful thing and good on Jeffcoat for making the most of his opportunity. Wonder how bad Walker is nicked. Fogg at halfback is interesting considering they haven't played him there forever. Won't look great on the coaching staff if the best guy for the job was here all along. Alexander on the corner should be better. Carmichael likely makes the gameday roster because we need an extra DB. Will we have 4 defensive ends in the game? Scratches: Foketi and Ekakatie?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:52:24 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »

Things of interest:

Loffler on the roster despite not practicing. It's either smoke and mirrors and he's going to be out for awhile or he's good enough to play on Thursday. Okpalaugo in but behind Jeffcoat. Competition is a wonderful thing and good on Jeffcoat for making the most of his opportunity. Wonder how bad Walker is nicked. Fogg at halfback is interesting considering they haven't played him there forever. Won't look great on the coaching staff if the best guy for the job was here all along. Alexander on the corner should be better. Carmichael likely makes the gameday roster because we need an extra DB.
what DB position was Fogg playing last season

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »

what DB position was Fogg playing last season

That exact halfback spot. But he was replaced midway through the year and never really got a sniff there again.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »

That exact halfback spot. But he was replaced midway through the year and never really got a sniff there again.
OK so it's not a new position for him at the very least he should be able to play as well or better than Carmichael who looks to be playing as a back up HB in this game! 

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »

Roc Carmichael is benched...finally!!!
Horseman

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »

Roc Carmichael is benched...finally!!!
MOS finally came to his senses, you can only deny the obvious for so long.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 02:19:01 PM »

OK so it's not a new position for him at the very least he should be able to play as well or better than Carmichael who looks to be playing as a back up HB in this game! 

Carmichael is listed as the backup HB because that's where we tend to list our spare DB. I'm not sure there's any rationale for listing him there, verses say corner where Carmichael has been playing more recently. I guess it doesn't really matter if we have an injury, guys will shift and Carmichael will enter the game. I don't think it necessarily has to be at that HB spot though, they're more comfortable playing him at field side corner.
gbill2004

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 02:20:27 PM »

Carmichael is listed as the backup HB because that's where we tend to list our spare DB. I'm not sure there's any rationale for listing him there, verses say corner where Carmichael has been playing more recently. I guess it doesn't really matter if we have an injury, guys will shift and Carmichael will enter the game. I don't think it necessarily has to be at that HB spot though, they're more comfortable playing him at field side corner.
Yep, he was "less terrible" at corner, but even that debateable. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »

I'm really interested to see how Fogg does at halfback. I think I'd rather have Walker there but I haven't seen Fogg there is so long I'm not sure what we'll get. Could be an awesome fit, could be as bad as Carmichael.
gbill2004

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »

I'm really interested to see how Fogg does at halfback. I think I'd rather have Walker there but I haven't seen Fogg there is so long I'm not sure what we'll get. Could be an awesome fit, could be as bad as Carmichael.
Fogg was inconsistent last season in the secondary...showed flashes of brilliance, but also struggled at times. 
bowlerdude

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »

Well, that's the DB group I wanted at the start of the year, let's see what happens...

Scratches: Foketi and Ekakatie?

Can't be, we took a Canadian off the roster for an import. Will have to be two imports scratched this week. Foketi and I have no idea who the other would be. Carmichael is probably safe because we need a backup DB... unfortunately looks like it might be Poop, unless Okpalaugo isn't quite ready to play or something.

for the record, Fogg was starting at HB until our week 18 bye last year. Heath and Johnson started the last two games and the playoff game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: