Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:34:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is coaching a little over-rated ? LOL  (Read 1309 times)
Sec223

« on: August 22, 2017, 11:28:43 AM »

When OS has terrible players he loses. When he gets better players he wins ?
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »

Can't think of too many teams who win with bad players. The players on a sports team tend to play a rather significant role in the outcome, IIRC.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 12:02:55 PM »

When OS has terrible players he loses. When he gets better players he wins ?

Name a head coach who has won consistently in the CFL with inferior personnel.

To answer your question, though: no, coaching is not overrated.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »

This topic is almost as useless as the banjo bowl question one.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »

Goldy bringing the Truth Bombs to the forum...

coaching is pretty important too...would be interesting to see how a championship team would do if you removed all coaches - none, just players calling the plays, figuring out substitutions etc...i suspect it would be pure chaos..
kkc60

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »

I mean good coaches have to find the diamonds in the rough such as Walker, Jeffcoat, Johnson, Thorpe. And all successful coaches needed good players but sometimes players become good because of their coaches. I don't really get this thread
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »

X2....hey Goldie I haven't made it to the kingshead yet due to family visiting stuff.....but I did learn that the Canadian BREWHOUSE has OV.....does the kingshead serve OV ?
GCn17

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »

X2....hey Goldie I haven't made it to the kingshead yet due to family visiting stuff.....but I did learn that the Canadian BREWHOUSE has OV.....does the kingshead serve OV ?

Hmmm...don't think so, but I think they still have some of the original Carling OV on tap at the McLaren. Probably still tastes better than Molson's version.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »

Old Vienna?
dd

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »

Coaches, especially the HC, sets the tone and dictates the type of 'personality' the team will take. MOS was a hard nosed, SOB when he played, go figure our current team is a very scrappy, never give up group. He also keeps players focussed and disciplined in their play and when they take a bad, undisciplined penalty, they are pulled Immediately and the first person they meet on the sideline is MOS and I am sure the conversation doesn't go all that well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:19:53 PM by dd » Logged
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »

Old Vienna?

Yes old Vienna beer. I know I know...a lady in one of the liquor stores here in the peg said they don't sell that crap lol.....I found it at the "nob" (?) in st Norbert.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:18:25 PM by NorthernSkunk » Logged
GCn17

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »

Yes old Vienna beer. I know I know...a lady in one of the liquor stores here in the peg said they don't sell that crap lol.....I found it at the "nob" (?) in st Norbert.

I am guessing you drink it for sentimental reasons from when Carling used to make it and it was a good beer.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »

I am guessing you drink it for sentimental reasons from when Carling used to make it and it was a good beer.

I'm just not a beer connoisseur ....switched brands 33 years ago when I was playing junior and have never switched since. I think my coach may have helped with the switch...so coaches can be important for many reasons.
Sec223

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 03:37:15 PM »

Please notice the LOL at the end of the title.
theaardvark

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »

Remember the Hipster Black Label marketing?  I used to drink BL back in the 80's, not because it was good, but because I could take it to parties and never worry about someone stealing them...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 09:53:55 PM »

I did the same with Extra Old Stock...brutal beer and always guaranteed nobody would take one from your pack at a party!!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 10:07:38 PM »

I don't know because I believe life is to short to be drinking crap beer or booze.

You could call and ask..

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 10:10:26 PM »

I'm just not a beer connoisseur ....switched brands 33 years ago when I was playing junior and have never switched since. I think my coach may have helped with the switch...so coaches can be important for many reasons.
make the switch, again. I though they have Standard bottled at KH. Just go to a nice Czech or German choice like PIlsner Urquell or Lauenbrau or Grolsch.

blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 01:57:36 AM »

make the switch, again. I though they have Standard bottled at KH. Just go to a nice Czech or German choice like PIlsner Urquell or Lauenbrau or Grolsch.

Grolsch is Dutch. Wink

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 03:07:40 AM »

Standard tastes like OV when both are at the right cold temps....An don't worry I won't bother you with silly questions here no more.
GCn17

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »

Standard tastes like OV when both are at the right cold temps....An don't worry I won't bother you with silly questions here no more.

It wasn't silly so much as surprising. OV drinkers are a dying breed.

GCn17

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »

Remember the Hipster Black Label marketing?  I used to drink BL back in the 80's, not because it was good, but because I could take it to parties and never worry about someone stealing them...

I did the same with White Seal. Even if someone did take one, you knew exactly who it was.

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »

Yeh I have noticed that....once in Hilton Alberta I found a bar that had a " drink like your dad sale on"... it was OV, Canadian, or Blue. Surprisingly though up north there are quite a few of us left.
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »

Not sure if there is a causation relationship being expressed by that statement, but there could be...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »

That was my grandpa's standard and my first beer which is not a coincidence.  Grin.  That stuff was harder to drink than gasoline back in the day, totally different than today's beers including it's name-sake much much harsher flavour.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 04:09:24 PM »

Grolsch is Dutch. Wink
I know

I honestly figured you would correct me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:12:15 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

GCn17

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 08:22:56 PM »

Yeh I have noticed that....once in Hilton Alberta I found a bar that had a " drink like your dad sale on"... it was OV, Canadian, or Blue. Surprisingly though up north there are quite a few of us left.

Too bad you gotta go to the TI to get it. lol

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 05:13:11 AM »

Too bad you gotta go to the TI to get it. lol

Lmao....yeh sometimes we do...but the trappers an burntwood still got it as well. When's the last time you were in the Ti.....wanna hook up some day for a couple there lol
GCn17

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »

Lmao....yeh sometimes we do...but the trappers an burntwood still got it as well. When's the last time you were in the Ti.....wanna hook up some day for a couple there lol

I was at the TI yesterday. Had to get my beer for the lake. Had to run the gamut of drunks to get it though. lol  Yeah, definitely have to watch a game and have a couple before the season ends. I'm gonna suggest an alternate location though...lmao

NorthernSkunk

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 08:53:29 PM »

I was at the TI yesterday. Had to get my beer for the lake. Had to run the gamut of drunks to get it though. lol  Yeah, definitely have to watch a game and have a couple before the season ends. I'm gonna suggest an alternate location though...lmao

Okay
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: