Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2017, 08:21:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton - August 12, 2017  (Read 4722 times)
TKTKD

« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2017, 01:54:18 AM »

I sure wish Nichols was more accurate on his long ball.

I thought he did a good job considering he was going against the wind...

Stay Thursty My Friends!
Pigskin

« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2017, 02:09:40 AM »

I said the same last game Ducky.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:49:35 AM by Pigskin » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2017, 02:15:12 AM »

Who was on the hot mic at the end of the game, making comments like "this is fricking ridiculous" and "if you're going to fight, fight about g@$#^&% something...

What a nice game, watching it again.  Loved Hurl's TD run... no quit in him...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2017, 02:16:22 AM »

It's a pretty good sign that we didn't play our best game but still dominated Hamilton. Now on to Edmonton! Go blue!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2017, 02:31:50 AM »

WooHoo...jus back to my room....did I not call 42-12 bombers an Medlock hit another post otherwise I would have been perfect....the stadium in Hamilton is awesome the the fans I sat around beat any I have ever sat beside in Winnipeg (sorry to say).......can't wait to watch it again in a week when I get home.....

Dom looks likes a dominate football player jus standing there watching An learning ....Met Normands (?) father......wow what a game GO BOMBERS AGAIN NEXT WEEK
dd

« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2017, 02:36:05 AM »

Who was on the hot mic at the end of the game, making comments like "this is fricking ridiculous" and "if you're going to fight, fight about g@$#^&% something...

What a nice game, watching it again.  Loved Hurl's TD run... no quit in him...
That's a common trait on this Bomber squad---there is no quit in any of them. They are a blue collar-lunch bucket-play to the final whistle team, traits everyone can relate to and admire which makes them a VERY easy team to cheer for!!!
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2017, 02:38:55 AM »

One more thing....watching them play in their whites it's soooo sweeet....ya'all gotta do it sometime...
DM83

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2017, 02:46:46 AM »

Yeah they are known for their whites!  Lol! How's the vacation .
TecnoGenius

« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2017, 07:05:23 AM »

I hate deep ball to JFG

25% chance at best

Based on what I remember of all BB games in the last 3 years the deep ball to JFG is 0% chance at best.  That said, I love JFG, he's probably my favorite BB receiver.  He makes 95% of the 5 to 22 yard catches.  He takes hits and hangs on.  He has no fear.  And best of all, all teams underestimate him, which often helps him get open.  And he's a National!  Go JFG!!

I will note that the throw you referenced almost was caught by JFG, twice (the original catch attempt plus the deflection reach)!  If JFG somehow starts matching up with Nichols on the deep threat, he'll be a 1000 yard receiver.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:54 AM »

Nice to watch a game when the outcome is never in doubt.

I don't know... a couple of moments in the 2nd and 3rd I had sweaty palm syndrome for a brief while.  There were a couple of momentum moments where we could have started to lose it.  Credit the BB that they kept it together and played to win until 0:00 (they sure learned from the BC game!).

In some ways this would have been the worst game to lose so far this year: we'd be the league losers who lost to the losingest loser team.  Sure glad BB played a real solid game.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2017, 09:23:37 AM »

WooHoo...jus back to my room....did I not call 42-12 bombers an Medlock hit another post otherwise I would have been perfect....the stadium in Hamilton is awesome the the fans I sat around beat any I have ever sat beside in Winnipeg (sorry to say).......can't wait to watch it again in a week when I get home.....

Dom looks likes a dominate football player jus standing there watching An learning ....Met Normands (?) father......wow what a game GO BOMBERS AGAIN NEXT WEEK

I'm jealous Skunk, it sure sounds (and looks!) like it would have been great to be there with ya.  Glad the HAM fans worked out: I knew they would.  After all, we're all Canadians.   Grin   They're probably resigned to mediocrity much like BB fans were for many years recently.

When you watch it on the PVR, let us know if any of the fancam shots were you, as there were at least 3 different Bomber fans I saw them zoom in on.  One was a young dude with his gf/wife.

Too bad about Dom: even though I usually say leave Nichols in until it's a 100% sure thing I would have put Dom in with 1:30 left just to see what happens.  But since I picked Nichols in fantasy, I'm not too angry  Cheesy
TecnoGenius

« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:59 AM »

Huh Ya, WTH was that about?  It was a strange game for accidental live mics.  It sounded to me like TSN control talking, but I guess it could have been a live-mic player feed?  (Who was live-mic'd for this game?)  I don't think Black/Forde can hear it as they don't miss a beat; that, or this is normal control antics and they're used to it.

The ones you mention were at:
  • 4Q 0:40 "Please fight about something. Fight about g@$#^&% something."  2nd voice: "Mic check one two" occurs when they are showing the slow-mo of Flanders' failed first TD attempt.
  • 4Q 0:27 "You want a sound f@$# that's just frickin brutal" during the slow-mo of Flanders' successful TD

Besides those there were a couple of strange breathy noises earlier in the game.  I wouldn't be shocked if someone set someone else up on purpose, as a prank or some sort of vendetta.  No way you accidentally turn on such foul language on TV at least two separate times!  Especially since control's channel never gets anywhere near the live mix: probably not even in the same board.

People should make a stink about this (new thread?) as I'm super curious to find out the skinny.  I don't see any hits on google about this on the other forums (yet), perhaps they'll show up tomorrow.  Or perhaps everyone had turned off the game by then?  Not this Blue faithful!

If anyone is interested, I can see if I can lift the audio bites directly out of the computer PVR.

Bonus fun: SC says next week is HAM v OTT: "the desperation bowl"; Forde: "well they both can't lose".  Priceless.   Grin Grin Grin
TecnoGenius

« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2017, 10:19:10 AM »

Right after the game on SC, Dunigan says about Adams circus catch: "... in his office ..." followed by something I can't make out, and Milt chuckles and starts cracking up.  What is it Dunigan says?
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2017, 11:15:58 AM »

I'm jealous Skunk, it sure sounds (and looks!) like it would have been great to be there with ya.  Glad the HAM fans worked out: I knew they would.  After all, we're all Canadians.   Grin   They're probably resigned to mediocrity much like BB fans were for many years recently.

When you watch it on the PVR, let us know if any of the fancam shots were you, as there were at least 3 different Bomber fans I saw them zoom in on.  One was a young dude with his gf/wife.

Too bad about Dom: even though I usually say leave Nichols in until it's a 100% sure thing I would have put Dom in with 1:30 left just to see what happens.  But since I picked Nichols in fantasy, I'm not too angry  Cheesy

Yeh the ham fans know changes are coming soon...and more than a few asked me if we could please give them their first win. One thing that kinda sucked was how hard a few fans were on their team at the end, some of the stuff they were yelling at the bench was pretty rude and over the top, An what really sucked about that was the look on some of the tiger cat players faces. You couldn't help but think it's still just a game. I did yell for once though to step on their throat near the end of the third. Lol
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2017, 11:17:02 AM »

Yeah they are known for their whites!  Lol! How's the vacation .

Vacation is good for me, but the mrs work is starting to grind on her. It's never fun at corporate lol. Might get to a jays game next.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: