Blue Bombers Forum
November 24, 2017, 12:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton - August 12, 2017  (Read 7078 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »

Remple is the leagues best long snapper, but I wouldnt expect someone to list him as one of our top Canadians...

Really?  I'd bet Medlock and MOS would...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2017, 07:58:38 PM »

How you can leave Chungh off that list, I don't know...  and Remple...  so many ST great plays start with a perfect snap... like the "pooch" kick... even a little bit off and its blocked.
So many good NATs I forgot about Mr Nasty!! And 1-2 to add to the list, probably more--mike miller and jones on ST

Oversights aside and point being is we have as good a list of NAT s as any team and Walters inherited an absolute  mess 3 years ago. Rebuilds can be done it just takes time
kkc60

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:09 PM »

Really?  I'd bet Medlock and MOS would...
That's great. I'm not saying he's not good or not Canadian. I'm just saying literally every CFL team has a Canadian Long snapper. And I wouldn't list him as one of our "top Canadians". Twist my words how you like
elder

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »

Was that Corneys first sack? He is looking really improved lately, really this only being his second season if he continuous to grow as he has been he could develop into a very good Lineman.

Corney and Thomas are coming along quite nicely!
Jesse

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »

Corney and Thomas are coming along quite nicely!

I think Thomas is doing more than coming along. I think he's our longest tenured vet.
kkc60

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »

I think Thomas is doing more than coming along. I think he's our longest tenured vet.
Depends if ya count Denmark. But yeah Thomas has gone from a rotational Canadian, to a leader on the line and a disruptive DT. He's more of a Laurent than Shologan 
elder

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »

That's true.  It's just that he's been rotational for most of the time.  Now he's really coming into his own and may deserve to start.  The talent this team has on the DL is impressive.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »

Depends if ya count Denmark. But yeah Thomas has gone from a rotational Canadian, to a leader on the line and a disruptive DT. He's more of a Laurent than Shologan 
i thought Thomas had a monster game especially in the first half

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bunker

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »

i thought Thomas had a monster game especially in the first half
Love JT
Great motor
Tons of heart
And no stupid penalties! He should hold a seminar for his defensive line mates.
dd

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2017, 10:04:46 PM »

That seminar would be a week long one for westerman!! That guys gotta stop that as it's going to hurt us in a big game someday, and bad habits are hard to break
booch

« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »

Remple is the leagues best long snapper, but I wouldnt expect someone to list him as one of our top Canadians...
Trust me thats probably the most important and valuable guy on your special teams and would totally lump him into your top Canadians..long snappers are the unsung foot soldiers
bunker

« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2017, 10:57:54 PM »

You only miss them when they're gone. I still remember when our long snapper (think it was Wild at the time) was injured, and we were regularly watching snaps sail wide or high. It seemed like we were giving up 7 points a game due to missed snaps.
kkc60

« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:07 AM »

Trust me thats probably the most important and valuable guy on your special teams and would totally lump him into your top Canadians..long snappers are the unsung foot soldiers
Oh yeah. I remember a couple years back when Wild got hurt so we had Fitzgerald, Pontbriand and Kyle Jones all taking turns. It was awful. Long snappers are just as important as kickers.
bowlerdude

« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2017, 03:57:53 AM »

I kind of agree with the comments about the importance of the long snapper, but I also kind of agree that I wouldn't list them as one of your best Canadians, either...

The good long snappers are pretty close to interchangeable. Rempel may be the best but if it's Caron or Benson or whoever else, you won't notice. They're all very good at what they do. On the other hand, you'll notice in a big way once you have to use one that isn't very good at it.
kkc60

« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »

I kind of agree with the comments about the importance of the long snapper, but I also kind of agree that I wouldn't list them as one of your best Canadians, either...

The good long snappers are pretty close to interchangeable. Rempel may be the best but if it's Caron or Benson or whoever else, you won't notice. They're all very good at what they do. On the other hand, you'll notice in a big way once you have to use one that isn't very good at it.
Exactly this. Just like you wouldn't usually list a STer as a "top Canadian" just because you usually reserve that for Canadians playing the highest impact positions. Like our "top Canadians" could be viewed as Harris, Chungh, Goossen, Loffler, Westerman and Thomas and JFG not in that order. You could also include Hurl and I supposed you could say Miller, Remple, Corney and Jones. But the moniker "Top Canadian" is normally used for Canadians with decent offensive or defensive stats
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: