Blue Bombers Forum
November 24, 2017, 12:46:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawless: O'Shea more involved in D  (Read 1903 times)
lenny

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »

Hall on sidelines is like Belle got on the sidelines when his offence sucked and the heat was on. Hall trying to show he is engaged.
granqueso

I am a fan, not a cheerleader.

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:52 PM »

I'm with you Rick Ralf is just annoying with all quirky strange sense of humour.

I do like Kevin O in the Round table though. I like his sense of humour.

Interesting to see the divergence of opinions. I've tuned out of 1290 at lunch time. Kevin Zero annoys me big-time.

As for Lawless, I agree that he will be missed. He was good. Not nearly as good as he thought he was...but informed, connected and opinionated nonetheless. And more importantly, he was a good foil for Hustler and chemistry is critical in a dual-hosting gig. I"ll miss Blather and Pompous.

I'm surprised with the decisions TSN made. It seemed to me that the ideal fill-in for that type of role was Paul Wiecek. Maybe it's Wiecek who wanted no part of it. In the world of convergence where reporters are asked to do it all: print, radio, TV & web, the print guys are often the last to buy in.

I'll also miss Rick Ralph over lunch. The guy in that job is often alone on an island asked to fill in large slots of time by himself between phone-out guests. Thankless job and RR was good at it.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Plato
theaardvark

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »

Sorry, but Rick Ralph has caused me to turn to 990 or 680 just about every time I've tuned into his show. 

Rant:  The "my pillow" schtick.  As a retailer, the "special deal" pricing they use is against the law, you can't sell something "at a discount" is that is the regular price.  Every BBB has judgements and warnings about them.  When you become a pitchman for a product, you take on that product's reputation, especially when you endorse it.  AS soon as I hear a segue to sleep, I switch channels.  Because I know an annoying 2 min plus My Pillow pitch is coming. 

That said, Lawless was a fount of CFL info, most of it timely and accurate.  Not sure how he got the inside info, but it was nice to have.  Not sure why he's taking time to  plug the CFL when he has a new gig, but hey, thanks.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 11:57:08 PM »

I asked O'Shea about the content of Lawless' tweets. O'Shea denied having any more involvement in the D.
bunker

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 12:11:19 AM »

I'm glad you asked and reported it here. But I think he would say that even if Lawless is correct, and IMO he is.
gbill2004

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 12:13:15 AM »

I'm glad you asked and reported it here. But I think he would say that even if Lawless is correct, and IMO he is.
Ya I agree with you here.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 12:13:22 AM »

I think he didn't "tinker" with the D. He's to busy to do so. HC, STC, etc...

Hall made the adjustments needed. He knew it! Or it was Adios muchacho!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 01:53:24 AM »

I asked O'Shea about the content of Lawless' tweets. O'Shea denied having any more involvement in the D.

And then he went on about the fake punt being his decision, and ....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2017, 02:14:30 AM »

I think Lawless 's claim is pure speculation and an attempt to get media profile. MOS didn't meddle in Etcheverry's D when it totally sucked, so why would he tinker now, when the BB are winning?? Total bunk. Total Lawless. Good Luck in LV. See ya.

The D didn't change, it s just the O they were playing against sucked and made them look more aggressive than before. Hamilton is brutal, they play the game in a gear lower than other teams
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 02:19:49 AM »

I got a question....don't the coaches kinda work together all the time all year ? ....like don't they discuss this stuff amongst themselves as much as everyone here does........an the HC kinda leads the meetings ?
bowlerdude

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »

I'm sure they have had discussions, especially after the Montreal game. Maybe O'Shea said something. But I don't think I believe that he had a major role in any sort of change (and I also think the fact that Hamilton is terrible, Leggett has been back for a couple weeks, and Carmichael is playing well at CB as opposed to being the worst HB in the league helps - I'm not so sure we are actually doing anything that different).

For all the heat Richie Hall has taken around here, the guy's not an idiot and has generally been a very good DC. He is capable of making his own adjustments.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 02:26:00 PM »

I think Lawless 's claim is pure speculation and an attempt to get media profile. MOS didn't meddle in Etcheverry's D when it totally sucked, so why would he tinker now, when the BB are winning?? Total bunk. Total Lawless. Good Luck in LV. See ya.

The D didn't change, it s just the O they were playing against sucked and made them look more aggressive than before. Hamilton is brutal, they play the game in a gear lower than other teams

Agree, the D-line will come back down to earth next game and will not be able to rampage through the Esks. O-line even with their injuries and that will again expose those pesky soft spots in the D-backfield.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: