Blue Bombers Forum
January 16, 2018, 12:11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: BB should have signed Duron Carter  (Read 13182 times)
kkc60

« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »

What was Milt Stegalls record? Again. You aren't bringing anything to the table providing any factual knowledge. This is hard for many, as most do not know the game of Football.

DC is the best receiver in the league. Based on Football skills. Nothing else. Do not compare that with statistics, or wins, and losses.
Then why did you say "I'd take wins and championships over Lankford and Thorpe" if now it's all about football skills. Also, if you are saying Walker is worse than Carter, pass over the Carter Koolaid. Walker is much better than Carter. Carter is skilled, sure. He has a ton of skill. But that doesn't make him the best receiver. Consistency is what makes someone the best at something. Would Tom Brady be the best QB if he threw 3 touchdowns every 4 games, but threw 0 touchdowns and 2 picks when all the other games? DC can score 2 TDs and get 100+ yards every five games, but it's the other games that tell the true story
BomberJammer

« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »

Exactly. If Tom Brady never throws a TD pass again. Is he still the best? of course. You have to know Football to understand.

What makes players great are their natural ability. DC is the best in the CFL and its not even close. Tom Brady is smarter than everyone, and he has created an offensive under his vision, and the Patriots allowed it to happen, and changed their coaching philosophy around Brady.

kkc60

« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »

Exactly. If Tom Brady never throws a TD pass again. Is he still the best? of course. You have to know Football to understand.

What makes players great are their natural ability. DC is the best in the CFL and its not even close. Tom Brady is smarter than everyone, and he has created an offensive under his vision, and the Patriots allowed it to happen, and changed their coaching philosophy around Brady.

I'm talking career wise, but nice try. Anyways, you keep saying "it's not even close" part of me wonders if you're not just referencing to the fact DC is "not even close" to top 15 in receiving yard or "not even close" to being on the same level as Zylstra, Ellingson, Roosevelt, Burnham etc
BomberJammer

« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »

No DC is the best WR in the league and its not even close. There isn't a player aside from Eric Rogers or Walker that are on his level. There are other great players like SJ Green and Zylstra, Adams, Dressler, Burnham. But DC is a better player. That is all.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »

Face it jammy boy just doesn't wanna get it. Pathetic.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »

Duron Carter‏Verified account @DC_CHILLIN_8
They changed the rule to worse than it was before!!! Now the defense can hold the whole game because we only have 1 challlenge!!! #stupid

Thinking someone might get a social media fine...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »

No DC is the best WR in the league and its not even close. There isn't a player aside from Eric Rogers or Walker that are on his level. There are other great players like SJ Green and Zylstra, Adams, Dressler, Burnham. But DC is a better player. That is all.
If that's so, then why are Rogers and Walker in the NFL meanwhile Carter is currently playing like an average receiver
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »

Let's see what one of the best ever has to say on the subject:

@MiltStegallTSN - Jul 29 

That is why I said at the begging of the year @DC_CHILLIN_8 is the most talented receiver in the league . #Beast when he wants to be

I'd say Stegall is a pretty good authority on spotting talent at the receiver position. But that doesn't make Carter the best. Talent means nothing without consistency or production.

Carter's his own worst enemy.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
bowlerdude

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2017, 05:46:54 PM »

From his Wiki page....

Junior College

Carter spent his sophomore season at Coffeyville Community College in Coffeyville, Kansas, where he proved to be a playmaker in the receiving corps. He recorded 44 receptions for 690 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2010, helping guide the Red Ravens to a 6-5 record and a berth in the Graphic Edge Bowl. However, once Carter was eligible for the NFL Draft in 2014 his quarterback (Cayden Cochran) tweeted the following:

"The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen. I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."
[/b]

Yup... team guy.  Supastar.

Dang. I didn't know that one. Gotta be some pretty serious issues there to have a teammate throw that at you.

I'm talking career wise, but nice try. Anyways, you keep saying "it's not even close" part of me wonders if you're not just referencing to the fact DC is "not even close" to top 15 in receiving yard or "not even close" to being on the same level as Zylstra, Ellingson, Roosevelt, Burnham etc

just leave him alone at this point, he hasn't addressed a single actual point with anything other than "because I said so"...
kkc60

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2017, 05:52:38 PM »

I'd say Stegall is a pretty good authority on spotting talent at the receiver position. But that doesn't make Carter the best. Talent means nothing without consistency or production.

The part that stand out the most from that is "when he wants to be". Which I think is true. Look at that one game last year where he wanted to be on punt block so he went and blocked a punt. Issue is, he appears to go into "preservation mode" where he kinda drifts away. Part of being the best at any position is that not happening. Look at last year's Superbowl where we really saw who the best team was. One faded away a lil while another kept fighting and pushing
bluebeard

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2017, 08:39:37 PM »

Carter, to some degree, is just like his dad Chris Carter.  Chris grew up and became a star in the NFL.  Not certain that Duron will ever grow up.
DM83

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »

The guys is a creep.  Is that hair real? ....where did he get those teeth..plus he is slow. Eeeeeuuuucccchhh!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »

I remember the game differently than you do. Without knowing the calls, no one can say for certain that the receivers were running the wrong routes, especially on purpose. Maybe they did. Maybe Cato made bad reads or the O line didn't give him enough protection. At least we now know why you hate DC so much.

Glad at least one other person remembers the game.  Sure, we may have different takes on it (memory is funny that way).  But remember how immediately after the snap, without making reads, Cato was either hitting the deck in fetal position, or chucking it out of bounds, etc.  He did that for a few series.  What reason would a QB have for doing that other than complete sabotage by his receivers?  And he was doing it on 3-man rushes, so you can't just say it was the blitz.  And you could see on the wider shots that the R's were just standing around not trying to get open.

When the buzz came out afterwards that it was sabotage and they quickly fired DC/KS, I was not shocked in the slightest as it was the only explanation that fit what we saw on field.  Why else would they fire their much-hyped top receivers so quickly?

As for hating DC, I don't "hate" him more than most people here, in fact I'm one of the few (non-Jammers) to say he has crazy talent.  But I do think that he's also just plain crazy.  I was willing to give DC another chance until I saw his facemask antics against a BB.  But that was the last straw, it's clear to anyone paying attention that he's beyond redemption.  I'll bet anyone a Wrath of Khan that DC is gone from SSK in less than one year from now.

(Also, I love learning new tidbits here: Owens being DC's assigned babysitter is actually a great idea for SSK/Jones and if DC has any hope whatsoever, it'll be due to strong mentorship/leadership.  DC's a petulant kid that needs a parent to spank him.  Owens just might be able to pull it off.  I still think DC will blow it, but I'll be the first to admit it if they manage to make a man out of him.)
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2017, 10:14:19 PM »

Carter, to some degree, is just like his dad Chris Carter.  Chris grew up and became a star in the NFL.  Not certain that Duron will ever grow up.

To some degree, he's like his dad: they're both professional football players.

That's it.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
123James321

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2017, 01:18:51 AM »

Your so wrong and its not.even.close.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: