Blue Bombers Forum
January 17, 2018, 06:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: BB should have signed Duron Carter  (Read 13255 times)
BomberJammer

« on: July 29, 2017, 11:05:45 PM »

D.C Just made the catch of the year and maybe touchdown in all of football for the last 10 yrs. What an amazing play. He is an elite player. I know his troubles going back to Alabama w/ Nick Saban, Ohio State, and JC but come on, sometimes you have to have a great head coach who can control a player like that. And realistically not all what he does is that bad.

This is what I dislike about our management. They do go after good players from other teams but never take a risk for high reward signing, like Duran Carter.

CFL is all about explosive plays and you gotta get explosive players. We know all to well, we lack a solid QB search committee. At least we can do, is sign elite WR's.
BomberOptimist

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »

How's Duron Carter going to help this defense?

#Fire_Richie_Hall
3rdand1.5

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 11:12:00 PM »

Unreal, amazing, highlight catch......

but his "baggage" still overshadows his unreal abilities.

If not for his head he would be a multimillionare superstar south of the border.
BomberOptimist

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:16:53 PM »

Unreal, amazing, highlight catch......

but his "baggage" still overshadows his unreal abilities.

If not for his head he would be a multimillionare superstar south of the border.

On top of that, it'd be dead wrong to say this team lacks explosive plays or excitement.  This last game was as exciting as it gets.  We may not have a player that makes "highlight reel" catches, but we have a team that makes highlight reel 1:40 comebacks, and that's what it should be.  Win as a team, not just rely on a star player.

You want a high-risk high reward star player?  How bout invest in one on the defensive side of the ball like a LB or something.

#Fire_Richie_Hall
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »

I didn't think it was that spectacular of a catch...all he did was stop the ball...let it drop and snagged it by his leg....I've seen stretched out receivers make one handed grabs while flying horizontally through the air and crashing to the turf that are way nicer looking grabs...
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 11:18:14 PM »

Before he signed with Montreal, when he was returning from being cut from the Colts, the Bombers did show interest in Carter. If I recall, the price was too high.

Fast forward to today. I don't see Bombers showing any interest as he's way too immature and doesn't fit the mold of O'Sheas culture.
BomberOptimist

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 11:21:24 PM »

Before he signed with Montreal, when he was returning from being cut from the Colts, the Bombers did show interest in Carter. If I recall, the price was too high.

Fast forward to today. I don't see Bombers showing any interest as he's way too immature and doesn't fit the mold of O'Sheas culture.

But on top of that, the OP should know, it's defense that wins championships, not 1 player even if he is a star WR.  That's what we lack right now is a good defense and bringing Duron Carter here would do nothing to fix that.

#Fire_Richie_Hall
booch

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 11:25:43 PM »

yeah but what does your dad do??...no thanks..he's a pos and not worth time..money..effort and that catch wasnt that great
BomberJammer

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 11:34:32 PM »

He isn't immature or more, less, than any other player. You all think Bruce Johnson is great? look what he did last year. Duron Carter speaks the same way 90% of these players do.

What he said tonight is fine by me as you do not know what the other player was saying.

BomberOptimist

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 11:51:08 PM »

I'll grant that he's making life tough for the Argo DBs, but he's still not the answer to fixing this defense.

#Fire_Richie_Hall
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 11:58:52 PM »

It's a great catch no doubt....but Adams snagged a one handed TD pass as well.   Too much of an air head for me and just don't like the guy as he disrespects opponents as well as his own players.   Nope....pass on DC

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
kkc60

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 12:10:52 AM »

Hindsight is 20/20. Right now our receiving crew is fine. We will talk about how we regret not signing him when he shows up, then do the opposite when he doesn't 
123James321

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 12:13:57 AM »

yeah we need linebackers and DB's, or maybe a new defensive coaching staff, not Duron Carter...
BomberJammer

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:04 AM »

It's a great catch no doubt....but Adams snagged a one handed TD pass as well.   Too much of an air head for me and just don't like the guy as he disrespects opponents as well as his own players.   Nope....pass on DC

well thats why you would never be a great coach..... he disrespects his opponents? who cares
kkc60

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 12:31:09 AM »

well thats why you would never be a great coach..... he disrespects his opponents? who cares
So have you always had this opinion or just because he had a good game today?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: