Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:42:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good mechanic?  (Read 999 times)
gbill2004

« on: July 21, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »

I'm tired of getting ripped off by the franchise shops like Midas and Kal Tire.  Anyone recommend a good mechanic, preferably in the South end of Winnipeg? 
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »

I have a beater Jetta that is constantly breaking down, and I get great, honest and personal service at EK Import Auto. It's entirely in the opposite area you're needing, but it's who I use and recommend. I agree, it can be hard to find a guys who's good and doesn't take advantage of you.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »

I have a beater Jetta that is constantly breaking down, and I get great, honest and personal service at EK Import Auto. It's entirely in the opposite area you're needing, but it's who I use and recommend. I agree, it can be hard to find a guys who's good and doesn't take advantage of you.

Adrien and co. are the best. The only place I get my rides serviced and I would recommend EK Import Auto Service to anyone, regardless of the make or model.

The location is definitely not ideal if you're in the south end of the city, but I'd say the drive is more than worth it.

Quick word of advice: never, ever go to Midas for anything.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:59:48 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 01:27:08 PM »

I got a decent guy in Transcona, but it would be a further drive than the EK shop.
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »

Again not the right part of the city but had really good experiences here:

https://www.napaautopro.com/auto-repair/manitoba/winnipeg-cutting-edge-automotive-technologies-inc/?utm_source=googleplus&utm_medium=googleplus&utm_campaign=googleplusAUTOPRO

Cutting Edge Automotive
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »

Adrien and co. are the best.

YEP!

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
gbill2004

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »

Thanks guys.  I'll go to EK Import Auto next time.  Mine is a Toyota Corolla, so they should service it. 
blue_or_die

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 05:48:02 PM »

Thanks guys.  I'll go to EK Import Auto next time.  Mine is a Toyota Corolla, so they should service it. 

Absolutely they will. Even if was a domestic, they would. They just specialize in importz.

theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 04:15:31 PM »

There was a garage by my house in Toronto that had a huge sign that stated "We specialize in domestic and import cars"...  gotta love marketing...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »

T-Mac auto on Goulet near St. B hospital is a great bunch to deal with.  Richard is the manager, Denis is the owner.
Highly recommended.

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
66 Chevelle

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 03:45:59 AM »

gbill2004, I'm a pretty decent mechanic, I was able to transform my '66 from what you see in the first picture to what you see in the second... all by myself too, except the paint! She has a pretty impressive 540 cubic inch big block that dyno'ed over 700 hp...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 04:06:15 AM »

Very, very nice 66!!
theaardvark

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:20 AM »

gbill2004, I'm a pretty decent mechanic, I was able to transform my '66 from what you see in the first picture to what you see in the second... all by myself too, except the paint! She has a pretty impressive 540 cubic inch big block that dyno'ed over 700 hp...

Nice work.. too bad its wasted on a '66 Wink   Now, a '67 fastback would be worth investing that time and money on... or a pre '69 Mustang Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 06:56:36 AM »

Very, very nice 66!!

thanks, that represents a little over 14 months of work, working on it everyday, and a whole lot of dead presidents, lol... here's a link to some more pics a I threw up on the web in case you wanted to see a few... https://justclockit.wordpress.com/2017/10/18/my-66-chevelle/

66 Chevelle

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 07:17:00 AM »

Nice work.. too bad its wasted on a '66 Wink   Now, a '67 fastback would be worth investing that time and money on... or a pre '69 Mustang Wink

wasted? come on, Aard... lol... I've probably owned 35 or 40 muscle cars through the years and not a single Ford in the group, lol... I've been tinkering with the idea of building me a Pro Touring '69 fastback Mach 1... if the right car came along that is...

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: