Blue Bombers Forum
November 20, 2017, 11:31:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC - July 21, 2017  (Read 11988 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: July 20, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »

Here we go with Game 4 for the Bombers and hopefully coming out of it with a 3 and 1 record.  Despite the fact the last game the Bombers played against BC ended in disappointment and has been "forgotten", we owe them some revenge.  Let's get it going.  Position chart follows:

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:55:49 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Thorpe but losing Leggett is a tough loss. It's probably made worse by the fact that Lulay is more of a mid range passer and Leggett would have featured prominently. Never thought I'd be so glad to see Hurl in there. At least he's got the experience and will have to help out the new guys. They must feel like Carmichael has played better at HB otherwise it would have made sense to move him there. They are probably trying hard not to overwhelm him. I think we'll see a lot of zone tomorrow on defense and we'll have to hope for a strong ball possession game on offense. We can't have the defense on the field for 35 minutes in this one.
theaardvark

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »

That's interesting, Porter in at SAM, leaving Charmicheal at HB... I guess he's settling in there and they don't want to upset the applecart...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:14:33 PM »

That's interesting, Porter in at SAM, leaving Charmicheal at HB... I guess he's settling in there and they don't want to upset the applecart...

You can have one change or two.
Stats Junkie

Unofficial Blue Bombers Historian

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:53:48 PM »

CFL Game Notes
https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/07/2017-CFL-Gm-Notes-Wpg-at-BC.pdf

Here are a few items from the Game Notes

Weston Dressler 134 game streak: He is off to the best 3-game start of his CFL career with 309 yards on 19 catches. His previous best after his club's first 3 games was in 2009 (260 yards) for Saskatchewan. Dressler has failed to catch at least one pass only twice in his 140-game career (Jul 4/08 & Aug 31/08) and his current streak is 134 consecutive games with at least one reception.

Matt Nichols at 20-16: The Winnipeg starter now has 9,635 career passing yards and needs 365 this week to reach 10,000 - a level attained by 63 CFL QBs in league history.

2016-17 FG Made Streaks: Last week Justin Medlock of Winnipeg extended his FG streak to 28 in a row dating back to 2016 while Sean Whyte had his stopped at a career-high 25 straight with a miss from 47 yards out.
** There is chart on page 4 of the Game Notes

** New Ruling
Official QB Wins & Losses Shifted to QB #2: There have now been four known extreme cases where the starter went out right away after no more than two plays including Lulay's last week. In these cases we have determined that the Win or Loss should be properly re-directed to the replacement QB who was forced to step into this extraordinary situation.  Angry

Note: Matt Nichols' record as a starter is updated to 18-15 through 2016 and 20-16 to Week #4 having been credited with the win for the Aug 23/14 game vs Toronto (now his 1st career win). Travis Lulay's record as a starter is now 40-26 with the win credited last week. In effect, QBs who enter the game within the first two plays as emergency substitutes receive credit for the start and the result. 

It is hard enough attempting to determine who the starting QB was for some games from the past. It will be next to impossible to determine if some other situations deserve to be added to the list of 'known extreme cases' - they do exist.

@Stats_Junkie
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »

Weston Dressler 134 game streak: He is off to the best 3-game start of his CFL career with 309 yards on 19 catches. His previous best after his club's first 3 games was in 2009 (260 yards) for Saskatchewan. Dressler has failed to catch at least one pass only twice in his 140-game career (Jul 4/08 & Aug 31/08) and his current streak is 134 consecutive games with at least one reception.
This is pretty cool!  Although the numbers will likely come down once Nichols starts getting on the same page with his other receivers. 
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
gbill2004

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 05:30:50 PM »

Bryant Turner (ankle), Tony Burnett (quad) wont play vs Wpr. Luther Maddy & Dyshawn Davis come onto 46 man. Jas Dhillon also out #BCLions
rubanski

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 05:36:11 PM »

This is kind of fun to look at:

MOS
CFL Record: 25-32 vs BC 5-2

Also, Wally has lost WAAAAAY more games than MOS in his career...

heehee, statsjunkie angry...
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »

If Matt can get a bit more accuracy on his throws and he doesn't over throw anywide open receivers I feel the Bombers could be winning big time by the half....

And if we got Rod Black I'm gonna be screwed by eleven.....nine o'clock starts are rough enough as it is on a Friday lol....

Go Blue
gbill2004

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »

If Matt can get a bit more accuracy on his throws and he doesn't over throw anywide open receivers I feel the Bombers could be winning big time by the half....

And if that happens, Lapo will get all conservative with the offence, and Hall will go into a soft prevent D, which will allow the Lions back into the game. 
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »

And if that happens, Lapo will get all conservative with the offence, and Hall will go into a soft prevent D, which will allow the Lions back into the game. 

I prefer to stay optimistic.....and I like to think they will just keep pouring it on and let the players have a game of their lives......kinda like the bombers might be turning the corner finally and are gonna make a serious run at the playoffs..
bowlerdude

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 05:53:09 PM »

Gee, I feel like I've seen this somewhere recently...
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 05:27:47 AM »

This would be a particularly good game to win.  While still early in the season, a win against the Lions would put 5 of the 9 teams in a position of chasing the Bombers.  We need pressure on Lulay and good pass D from our D backs.  Bomber defence and a good balanced attack from the offence can definitely win this game.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
DM83

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 06:33:00 AM »

What a bunch of cynics?  Or just experienced observers! Lol! These posts sum up what's been happening

I agree.  I think we are in the upper echelon, but I guess it's pretty obvious our coaches might actually be holding us back.  I think we are easily competitive, and the offence and then the defence all get better for the 55 minutes, ......as is previously posted, then they get " afraid to win" and stop doing what made them successful till,that point. The coaches have to get that figured out.  It's not like they are new to this.  They have been together for a couple years.  Time to grow.

Hopefully we can take another step.  We have played the Lions tough, lately
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:39:04 AM by DM83 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: