Blue Bombers Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Roc Carmichael needs to go  (Read 26810 times)
gbill2004

« on: July 08, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »

After lots of training camp buzz, this guy needs to go. He got burned for 2 TDs versus the Riders and last night gets burned for another, then takes an offside penalty on 3rd and 1 allowing the Stamps to score another TD. His 19 NFL games don't impress me. He needs to go ASAP.
DM83

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »

I too have been to about 19 NFL games! Big deal!  Roc should invest in a new career.  Being a DB in Winnipeg, isn't in his wheel- house.  While you mentioned the obvious, he also is afraid to hit and tackle, and frequently tries to keep his body out of the way, making feeble attempts at an arm tackle.

If he is the best we got, we should fire the scouts immediately.

This was a statement game for the Bombers.  So, what statement did you get from them?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:12:59 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »

I too have been to about 19 NFL games! Big deal!  Roc should invest in a new career.  Being a DB in Winnipeg, isn't in his wheel- house.  While you mentioned the obvious, he also is afraid to hit and tackle, and frequently tries to keep his body out of the way, making feeble attempts at an arm tackle.

If he is the best we got, we should fire the scouts immediately.

This was a statement game for the Bombers.  So, what statement did you get from them?
Yep I forgot to mention that brutal missed tackle he had that lead to a big gain last night.

Is Frederick still available??
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:13:16 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
Jersey

The BEST man cave in Canada!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:58:54 AM »

Walker was best out of 🆕 rookies... How in hell did this Carmichael beat him, HOW?Huh

Some folks here git upset with me last week that I said we r gonna get torched with Mitchell working over Carmichael. Well he had something like 11 passes thrown his way, that is a lot. And he was picked apart as per usual. When they don't show signs of any positive how is o'shea ok sticking him in there? I'm Not surprised one bit.

Its not like it was one mistake or two, say hey just bad game or mistake. It's every pass he is getting absloutely shredded. It's like we threw a fan in our secondary and said hey... Go try VS a pro football team. He seriously looks like he's never played. Truly he looks that bad. He's not even close!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:01:37 PM by Jersey » Logged

🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹
Pigskin

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 12:07:42 PM »

I can't believe he beat out Fredrick's. I agree this guy can't play in the CFL.
fansince79

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 12:08:39 PM »

After lots of training camp buzz, this guy needs to go. He got burned for 2 TDs versus the Riders and last night gets burned for another, then takes an offside penalty on 3rd and 1 allowing the Stamps to score another TD. His 19 NFL games don't impress me. He needs to go ASAP.

How the frick does a DB line up offside?Huh I've never seen that in 40 years of watching football.
Jersey

The BEST man cave in Canada!

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »

How the frick does a DB line up offside?Huh I've never seen that in 40 years of watching football.
Lol. Ask Roc

🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹
bigbuff33

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 12:24:44 PM »

Should be released today.
gbill2004

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »

Should be released today.
O'Shea likes to keep the family happy. I'm sure Roc will watch the film, learn from his mistakes, O'Shea will give him a hug and Roc will start again next week  Roll Eyes
theaardvark

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »

Roc won a spot with his SAM play.  Not excusing the bran farts he made again, he should be better on the field, but he can play football.

Should he be starting next week?  No, I don't think so.  He needs some seasoning time to get used to the little things that go against a lifetime of conditioning, like 1 yard off the ball and the waggle.  

Maybe some time on the I/R healing some of those nasty burns...  

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
fansince79

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »

O'Shea likes to keep the family happy. I'm sure Roc will watch the film, learn from his mistakes, O'Shea will give him a hug and Roc will start again next week  Roll Eyes

You forgot the orange slices and participation ribbon.
dd

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »

Roc won a spot with his SAM play.  Not excusing the bran farts he made again, he should be better on the field, but he can play football.

Should he be starting next week?  No, I don't think so.  He needs some seasoning time to get used to the little things that go against a lifetime of conditioning, like 1 yard off the ball and the waggle.  

Maybe some time on the I/R healing some of those nasty burns...  
Agreed. I don't think we cut him, but he definitely looses his starting job . Lining up offside on a tremendous goal line stand, you can't tell me his teammates are happy about that either. That play and the 2 bad picks by Nichols were the game, you can't make that many mistakes against the stamps or any other team for that matter
DM83

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »

Jersey, that's exactly what comes to mind...throw someone off the streets and say go play.

Ards, BS to him having to get used to CFL rules.
Anyone who has played football at an organized level, knows that Roc has a number of flaws......part of the reason he and Knox are in Canada are because they are not very smart, and no amount of practice can tell a guy to backpedal, turn and go, and line up on side. Ya see those ref linesmen, they are usually warning you, Do you see your d line?  Why do you think they are lined up behind you?....b/c u are off -side!

Roc is so severely overmatched it isn't funny.  I don't see him as a Sam backer either.  He avoids contact, as is evidenced by his many whiffs.  Again if you ever played, tackling is a matter of want. It is unnatural to run into another human being running at 15 mph.  So, you have to mentally convince yourself to do it successfully.  Roc doesn't want it.

First plane out ?  Sounds good.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »

Jersey, that's exactly what comes to mind...throw someone off the streets and say go play.

Ards, BS to him having to get used to CFL rules.
Anyone who has played football at an organized level, knows that Roc has a number of flaws......part of the reason he and Knox are in Canada are because they are not very smart, and no amount of practice can tell a guy to backpedal, turn and go, and line up in side. Ya see those ref linesmen, they are usually warning you, Do you see your d line?  Why do you think they are lined up behind you?....b/c u are off -side!

Roc is so severely overmatched it isn't funny.  I don't see him as a Sam backer either.  He avoids contact, as is evidenced by his many whiffs.  Again if you ever played, tackling is a matter of want. It is unnatural to run into another human being running at 15 mph.  So, you have to mentally convince yourself to do it successfully.  Roc doesn't want it.

First plane out ?  Sounds good.

And the award for the biggest overreaction after 2 weeks goes to DM83! Congratulations! You've won an all expenses paid trip to a 'severely overmatched' tropical island that just 'doesn't get it'. You will be pampered by servers who 'unnaturally run' your order to you and are paired with a celebrity guest for the trip who 'doesn't want it'. *Thunderous applause* If you don't want to go, we'll just 'throw someone in off the street'!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:29:38 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
dd

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »

Sir B&G-your Best post ever!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: