Main Menu

NBA Finals

Started by theaardvark, June 08, 2017, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Wow... caught pieces of the game and the whole last quarter of the game last night.  It went from a "OK, we're going 7, with the home teams winning out"  to  OK, 16 W, 0 L post season GSW.  You have to wonder what this loss will do the CAv's lockerroom.  Will it bring them together, or destroy them?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Durant is a beast...this one is done - if the Cavs came back it would be incredible....

gbill2004

Lebron is getting embarrassed.  This is going to hurt his legacy. 

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

#1 long time Golden State Warriors fan right here, will be rockin the Klay Thompson jersey tonight and for a few Bomber home games this year naturally of course.
Durant is on a mission....unstoppable! Curry has also been lights out.
Not sure how Lebron is being embarrassed though. He has played great in the playoffs. But #dubnation is just too much to handle. Even a GSW sweep should not hurt his legacy. Apperaing in 7 straight finals now  :o has that even been done before?
Go my Warriors! Run the table!

Jersey

Its so all star team now that it ruined parody of the league. I fell out watching nba this year. To predictable.
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Stretch

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on June 09, 2017, 02:33:09 PMApperaing in 7 straight finals now  :o has that even been done before?

Bill Russell and the Boston Celtics made the finals 10 straight years (1957-1966), winning NINE times (lost in 1958).
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

The Zipp

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on June 09, 2017, 02:33:09 PM
#1 long time Golden State Warriors fan right here, will be rockin the Klay Thompson jersey tonight and for a few Bomber home games this year naturally of course.
Durant is on a mission....unstoppable! Curry has also been lights out.
Not sure how Lebron is being embarrassed though. He has played great in the playoffs. But #dubnation is just too much to handle. Even a GSW sweep should not hurt his legacy. Apperaing in 7 straight finals now  :o has that even been done before?
Go my Warriors! Run the table!

Not over yet.  At the half in game 4 - cavs are dominating for the most part...if the cavs win this does last year start creeping into the warriors brains. 

As the #1 fan - can you imagine if they choked AGAIN!!??  What would that say?

GOLDMEMBER

Amazing record breaking Cav game! Game 5 hear we come. First half was absolute lights out. Curry was average Durant is that's teams best player now!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Quote from: Jersey on June 09, 2017, 06:39:22 PM
Its so all star team now that it ruined parody of the league. I fell out watching nba this year. To predictable.

If the Oilers made it to 3 straight finals would you stop watching NHL games?  :D

Quote from: Stretch on June 09, 2017, 06:56:16 PM
Bill Russell and the Boston Celtics made the finals 10 straight years (1957-1966), winning NINE times (lost in 1958).

Of course! Forgot about that, guess that's why they named the trophy after him. Way before my time.

Quote from: The Zipp on June 10, 2017, 02:29:36 AM
Not over yet.  At the half in game 4 - cavs are dominating for the most part...if the cavs win this does last year start creeping into the warriors brains. 

As the #1 fan - can you imagine if they choked AGAIN!!??  What would that say?

I'm not that surprised Cleveland was able to win a game at home. Glad there will be another game to watch, hopefully they can end it tonight at home!
Despite what happened Friday I still can't see them losing 3 of the next 3 games. Cleveland was not missing any shots, 3s were raining down non-stop! Lebron and Kyrie can maintain that level of play throughout the Finals but I'm not sure any of the other Cavs can.

The Zipp

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on June 12, 2017, 07:56:23 PM
I'm not that surprised Cleveland was able to win a game at home. Glad there will be another game to watch, hopefully they can end it tonight at home!
Despite what happened Friday I still can't see them losing 3 of the next 3 games. Cleveland was not missing any shots, 3s were raining down non-stop! Lebron and Kyrie can maintain that level of play throughout the Finals but I'm not sure any of the other Cavs can.

I don't think the cavs can keep that pace and production up either BUT - can you imagine????  The warriors would be the biggest choke joke in history...the biggest - to be up 3-1 and 3-0 in consecutive years and lose...I kinda hopes it happens just so I can say I saw it live..

I have no real favorite NBA team and basically just watch the playoffs  every year...

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on June 12, 2017, 08:41:03 PM
I don't think the cavs can keep that pace and production up either BUT - can you imagine????  The warriors would be the biggest choke joke in history...the biggest - to be up 3-1 and 3-0 in consecutive years and lose...I kinda hopes it happens just so I can say I saw it live..

I have no real favorite NBA team and basically just watch the playoffs  every year...
same here though I like LeBron and the legacy he leads
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Conversely if the cavs win they must go down as one of the best comeback stories in sports history...

My Warriors world champs again! Yet another entertaining game!
Great defense as per usual from my Klay Thompson.
Nice to see Durant get his ring and Finals MVP! Many tears were shed in my living room as his mother put her proudness on display.
The dynasty continues!
If there is enough interest I would be happy to organize a Winnipeg Golden State Warriors fan parade to honour them. Is tomorrow around noon-ish too short notice? Let me know ASAP. For those who cannot attend it would be best to avoid the downtown area around lunch hour tomorrow. Expect major traffic delays.
#dubnation