Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 03:39:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bomber roster  (Read 32060 times)
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2017, 02:54:22 AM »

How about trading for Ernest Jackson out of Montreal. They are out of the playoffs, and we are paper thin at receiver. Paper thin.

I would go for Cunningham instead
gobombersgo

« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2017, 10:38:27 PM »

October 10, 2017 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club added International wide receiver Myles White.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/10/10/bombers-add-receiver-myles-white/

Side note:
The CFL transactions page shows Robert Porter being deleted from the active roster today but doesn't have him going onto the practice roster. Guessing we'll find out what's up tomorrow.

theaardvark

« Reply #377 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »

Richter

Is Richter a Nat?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2017, 12:50:36 AM »

Game 15 roster:

gobombersgo

« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2017, 02:52:53 AM »

Roster moves Oct 13:

L?Damian Washington - removed from practice roster, added to active roster
Julian Feoli Gudino - added to active roster from 1 game injured list
Timothy Flanders - transferred to 6 game injured list
Robert Porter - removed from active roster, added to practice roster
Ian Wild - extended on 6 game injured list to Nov 25

Injured list:

Jamaal Westerman - 6 game - to Nov 02
Weston Dressler - 6 game - to Nov 11
Timothy Flanders ? 6 game  - to Nov 25
Ian Wild - 6 game ? to Nov 25

TecnoGenius

« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »

Ian Wild - extended on 6 game injured list to Nov 25

My word... one of my favorite players sidelined nearly all year.  I hope this is just a SMS thing and they're holding him for the playoffs... but they need to get him playing 1-2 games before playoffs to shake the rust!!  Argh...
gobombersgo

« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2017, 12:08:34 AM »

WPG Blue Bombers @Wpg_BlueBombers  6 hours ago
Today's inactives: #56 Faith Ekakitie & #57 Manase Foketi.

Injury watch:

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC  5 hours ago
Darvin Adams took a nasty shot on that last pass. Being looked at on #Bombers bench.

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC  4 hours ago
Darvin Adams has left for the locker room. @saraorlesky reporting it looked like a shoulder injury. #Bombers

WPG Blue Bombers‏  @Wpg_BlueBombers 4 hours ago
Darvin Adams will not return to today's game due to an upper body injury. #CFLGameDay

Russ Hobson‏ @russ_sportsguy  4 hours ago
Adams in his street clothes on the sidelines. Appeared like his arm was in a sling under his sweatshirt. #Bombers

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC  3 hours ago
Taylor Loffler and Walker collide there; Walker down. #Bombers all huddled around him now

WPG Blue Bombers‏  @Wpg_BlueBombers  3 hours ago
Brian Walker will not return to today's game due to an upper body injury. #CFlGameday

Ed Tait ‏ @EdTaitWFC  4 hours ago
Matt Nichols took a serious shot there. Roughing the passer plus intentional grounding #Bombers

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC  4 hours ago
Matt Nichols grabbing his lower back after that handoff. #Bombers

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC  2 hours ago
Tough, tough ball game. Maurice Leggett dinged fielding that short kick. #Bombers. Needs help coming off. Not good

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming  2 hours ago
The biggest indicator Leggett's injury may be serious is how three Lions players came over and tapped him on the shoulder as he was down.

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman  2 hours ago
Has been a very costly game for the #Bombers. Adams injury looked bad and so does injury to Moe Leggett. Tough blows.

Ted Wyman‏ @Ted_Wyman  2 hours ago
Injury to Leggett did not look good. Could be an Achilles injury, which would be horrible for Leggett and #Bombers

gobombersgo

« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2017, 11:57:17 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers‏ @Wpg_BlueBombers  3 hours ago
Maurice Leggett suffered a torn achilles tendon in yesterday's game and will miss the remainder of the 2017 season.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW  BC 20, WPG 26

The injury bug can just occasionally nibble or it can also bite down hard and then spread like an infestation.

And unfortunately for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, they are now living the nightmare of the latter just as they have officially qualified for the Grey Cup playoffs.

The Bombers announced today that outside linebacker Maurice Leggett will be lost for the remainder of the 2017 Canadian Football League season after tearing the Achilles tendon in his right ankle in Saturday's 26-20 victory over the B.C. Lions.

That crushing news is only exacerbated by the loss of wide receiver Darvin Adams with a shoulder injury in Saturday's win that could keep him out until the playoffs or longer, while defensive back Brian Walker suffered an 'upper-body injury' that has his status for this week's game in Toronto uncertain.

Couple those massive hits to the recent losses of defensive end Jamaal Westerman and running back/slotback Timothy Flanders and the Bombers - who had the lowest man games lost to injury total in the league heading into the weekend - suddenly have some big name pieces in sick bay.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/10/15/upon-review-bc-20-wpg-26/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:04:40 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

DM83

« Reply #383 on: October 16, 2017, 12:20:36 AM »

Yup, looks like the end.  Nobody on the current roster to replace those two guys.  I wonder if Walters will open up,the wallet and find a crazy former NFL DB, and some young former NFLer who has used up his taxi squad eligibility.  Where is Gtzlaf? How bout that lazy tall guy we picked up from Toronto last yr, but cut early this year?  Gurley?

Man our goose is cooked
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2017, 12:42:33 AM »

Yup, looks like the end.  Nobody on the current roster to replace those two guys.  I wonder if Walters will open up,the wallet and find a crazy former NFL DB, and some young former NFLer who has used up his taxi squad eligibility.  Where is Gtzlaf? How bout that lazy tall guy we picked up from Toronto last yr, but cut early this year?  Gurley?

Man our goose is cooked

Goose cooked

Maybe you don't know how to properly cook a friggin' goose!

Next man up back need to perform Fogg will be fine in Moe's spot. We need help at reciever but hopefully Dress is close and GCn17 said Adams may only miss a week!

Over reaction from you? Nah couldn't be!😉

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #385 on: October 16, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »

Leggett and Walker both out?  That's 2 DB's... I guess Porter is in off the PR, do they activate another?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC  17 hours ago
Mike O'Shea on #Bombers inj: Maurice Leggett had surgery on his Achilles; Darvin Adams 'is not going to be available for a number of weeks.'

Weston Dressler does return for the #Bombers this week.

Mike O'Shea on Adams re: playoffs. "That might be a little early. I'm not sure. I don't want to count him out, though" #Bombers

October 17, 2017 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added international running back Zach Bauman, International defensive lineman Sam Montgomery and National linebacker Frank Renaud to the practice roster.

The team has also released (internationals) quarterback David Washington, and defensive backs Jordan Bowman and Antoine Tharpe.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/10/17/bombers-add-three-2/

Transactions:
Weston Dressler - added to active roster - removed from 6-game injured list early
Ian Wild - added to active roster - removed from 6-game injured list early
Darvin Adams - transferred to 1 game injured list
Maurice Leggett -transferred to 1 game injured list

GCn17

« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »

Goose cooked

Maybe you don't know how to properly cook a friggin' goose!

Next man up back need to perform Fogg will be fine in Moe's spot. We need help at reciever but hopefully Dress is close and GCn17 said Adams may only miss a week!

Over reaction from you? Nah couldn't be!😉

He will be out until the playoffs, or Calgary game if it is meaningful. Nothing is broken or separated but their is a deep bone bruise that needs a couple weeks to heal. Since we have our playoff ticket all but sewed up they will likely give him the extra time to heal and be 100%.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #388 on: October 20, 2017, 03:31:40 AM »

He will be out until the playoffs, or Calgary game if it is meaningful. Nothing is broken or separated but their is a deep bone bruise that needs a couple weeks to heal. Since we have our playoff ticket all but sewed up they will likely give him the extra time to heal and be 100%.
it would be great to see both Adams and Dressler on the field and healthy for the playoffs!  Oh and Flanders would be icing on the cake!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: