Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:12:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bomber roster  (Read 41329 times)
GCn17

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »

I'm sure there are more guys signed for 2018 than what I have listed. However I just need confirmation.

There are a bunch of guys that were signed to contracts then went on the practice roster or were on the practice roster at the end of the season. Its very possible their current contracts were for more than one year.

Yea...I'm pretty sure Bryant is locked up through 2018.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
gobombersgo

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:51 PM »

Sam Hurl  -  1 year deal
https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/832334921821589504

Drake Nevis - 1 year deal for around 125 000
http://3downnation.com/2017/02/15/bombers-get-roughed-day-one-free-agency/

Chad Rempel  - 2 year deal
http://www.tsn.ca/blue-bombers-sign-long-snapper-chad-rempel-to-two-year-contract-1.635000

Dom Davis - 2 year deal
https://twitter.com/D_DavisECU/status/816392758931943424

Clarence Denmark - 1 year deal
https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/832712738124099584
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:18:44 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 11:11:21 PM »

Yea...I'm pretty sure Bryant is locked up through 2018.

"Both Medlock and Bryant agreed to renegotiate their contracts mid-way through last season to help the Bombers stay under the CFL salary cap, with the understanding the team would make it up to them in 2017.
Both were technically scheduled to become free agents this winter, but now have new one-year deals and are expected to be key pieces as the Bombers attempt to make it two straight years in the playoffs."
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/01/03/medlock-bryant-re-up-with-bombers

Donny C

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »

"Both Medlock and Bryant agreed to renegotiate their contracts mid-way through last season to help the Bombers stay under the CFL salary cap, with the understanding the team would make it up to them in 2017.
Both were technically scheduled to become free agents this winter, but now have new one-year deals and are expected to be key pieces as the Bombers attempt to make it two straight years in the playoffs."
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/01/03/medlock-bryant-re-up-with-bombers

So they are both only signed for this year?

Bombers need to keep Money Medlock in the fold for a few more years!
thunderNlightning

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »

As of today I still have concerns at the linebackers and receivers positions. Honestly health will be a big issue surrounding this group. You have Adams or Dressler go down again. We are not a scary group to be feared with the pass. Our linebackers are a huge question mark as we have no real idea what we have, especially at MLB. We struggled last year when our guys were down... we have to stop the running game this season.. hopefully Nevis and whoever gets the other NT position can help. I'm just not convinced those areas on paper right now are very strong compared to other western division teams.
Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 03:32:20 AM »

Re-signing Chungh was huge. A very nice surprise and good accomplishment for Walters, IMO.

Yes, completely agree.  Chungh is a great player for the BB. 

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 03:34:00 AM »

I'm sure there are more guys signed for 2018 than what I have listed. However I just need confirmation.

There are a bunch of guys that were signed to contracts then went on the practice roster or were on the practice roster at the end of the season. Its very possible their current contracts were for more than one year.

Lots of work!! I really appreciate it.

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
GCn17

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 05:17:41 AM »

As of today I still have concerns at the linebackers and receivers positions. Honestly health will be a big issue surrounding this group. You have Adams or Dressler go down again. We are not a scary group to be feared with the pass. Our linebackers are a huge question mark as we have no real idea what we have, especially at MLB. We struggled last year when our guys were down... we have to stop the running game this season.. hopefully Nevis and whoever gets the other NT position can help. I'm just not convinced those areas on paper right now are very strong compared to other western division teams.

Man for man I rank us 4th in the West in overall talent level.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Blue In BC

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »

Man for man I rank us 4th in the West in overall talent level.

Didn't you rank our Canadian depth as high as # 2?

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »

We're sitting at 67 players at the moment. A couple might be non counters from the 2016 draft but we seem to be ahead of the curve in loading up for TC.

What do we need to add besides those we draft?

1. About 3 import OL in order to run practice sets
2. 2 or 3 more DB's
3. 2 or 3 more receivers
4. 1 or 2 import LB's
5. 1 or 2 more QB's

The good news is that our roster of starters is much more set than in previous years. We do need some bodies at positions just to run the rotations in 2 a day practices.

IMO we're only really looking for 1 starter at MLB. The rest is for DI's and back ups on the PR.

Some of these rookies may be fighting for a spot on the 46 man roster. OTOH as we hold tryouts a few now on the roster may not even make it to TC. Usually a few of those each year.

Don't think there are many if any veterans that might be early releases? The only one I think might be an issue is Neufeld and that's just due to SMS issues possibly and injury history.

If we draft 1 OL we'll have 4 back up Canadians with him. That's not a bad thing if it's affordable: Couture, Intzandt, Neufeld and a draftee??

No more excuses.
RebusRankin

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 05:53:52 PM »

So linebackers, you have Mo Leggett and Wild on the outside. That worries people? Yeah, MLB is an unknown but Knox and Smith are nice prospects. People make it sound like we're trotting Larry, Mo and Curley at those 3 spots.

As for receiver, yeah injuries would suck but outside of Bowman, Edmonton's not especially deep just for arguments sake.
GCn17

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 07:13:45 PM »

Didn't you rank our Canadian depth as high as # 2?

Yes. There is more to a team than NAT depth though

DM83

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 07:50:25 PM »

I thought Neufeld was a free agent
gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 08:12:52 PM »

I thought Neufeld was a free agent
Nope, he's under contract for the 2017 season. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »

Yes. There is more to a team than NAT depth though

Well,duh.

Our imports are pretty good and your comment is still a " man to man " evaluation across the entire roster.

If we're that strong across our Canadian depth that would raise any shortfalls with our imports and raise " man to man " total talent.

Just sayin'

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: