Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2018, 07:27:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Manziel  (Read 65105 times)
DM83

« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »

Well if he doesn't want to play for $150,000 I guess he will wait for the XFL. 
gbill2004

« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2018, 12:39:33 PM »

I'm thinking he may be traded to Montreal.  Kavis will likely give him the money he's looking for. 
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759017-johnny-manziel-shares-bipolar-diagnosis-on-gma-says-he-stopped-drinking

"I was self-medicating with alcohol. That's what I thought was making me happy and helping me get out of that depression to a point of where I felt like I had some sense of happiness. But at the end of the day, when you wake up the next day after a night like that or after going on a trip like that, and you wake up the next day and that's all gone and that liquid courage or that liquid like sense of euphoria that's over you is all gone, and you're left staring at the ceiling by yourself, and you're back in that depression and back in that hole, that dark hole of sitting in a room by yourself being super-depressed, thinking about all the mistakes you've made in your life, what did that get me? Where did that get me except out of the NFL? Where did that get me? Disgraced?"
theaardvark

« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2018, 03:37:56 PM »

ICYMI, Maziel doesnt meet the morals criteria for XFL

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »

I'm sure ol' Vince will make an exception once he realizes that nobody is paying attention to his league again.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:05:11 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2018, 04:05:35 PM »

if Johnny truly is bi-polar, and or suffers from depression I do have some empathy for him. One thing that rang true for me is when he talks about the next morning and how once sober he starts reminding himself of what he done wrong, what he's thrown away, how he's disgraced himself so he escapes the reality by heading back into drink and drug. And with these type of chemical imbalances, there is no one cure to fix it all. Everyone's bodies react differently, some more so than others, to the cocktail of drugs that doctors like to pass out like chiclets...

I know first hand because my daughter fights anxiety issues. And she'll be the first to tell you that she has nothing to be anxious about. It seemed to have started shortly after the birth of my granddaughter, that or it became worse then. There will be times now that for no reason she becomes anxious and doesn't know why, to the point where it is almost debilitating. We've been to doctors and tried this and that, some better than others... But it's more managable now because she able to recognize it 'coming on' and can prepare herself for it now. Doesn't fix it but it does help.

None of it is funny and I hope that none of your loved ones have or comes down with any type of these mental illnesses...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2018, 05:34:19 PM »

Johnny Manziel‏Verified account
@JManziel2
Follow Follow @JManziel2
More
At the end of the day Athletes are Human beings too. You can get caught up in the fame, the life, but when it?s all said and done we?re the exact same...FAR FROM PERFECT. God bless you all and thank you for hearing my story.

IMO he is doing the right things, time will tell whether or not he gets another chance at pro football.
gbill2004

« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »

From Ian Rapoport: Johnny Manziel signs with the Spring League, rather than with the CFL. Either way, he?s back playing football.

And from Manziel: Back in Texas where it all started. I'll be joining @TheSpringLeague in Austin to get #ComebackSZN started! Can't wait to get back on the field and show NFL scouts what I can do! #cantwaitforspring
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:24:43 PM by gbill2004 » Logged
BlueInCgy

« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »

And so concludes the CFL's version of Much Ado About Nothing.
gbill2004

« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »

Rapoport: Johnny Manziel reports to the Spring League on March 28, and the season ends April 15... in time to attend a team's OTAs if it works out. More than 20 teams are expected to attend practices and games to scout him and others.

Those dates don?t completely close the door on the CFL.
TBURGESS

« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »

Manziel should be on the NFL version of 'Last Chance U' (A pretty good watch BTW).

Being right never gets old.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2018, 08:59:13 PM »

Desperate much Johnny??  He needs to understand that paying him isn't the issue - its the risk to the team and himself that teams are shying away from him...i hope he can avoid a huge crushing blow and keep his head above water if it doesn't pan out for him.

Johnny Manziel

Verified account

@JManziel2
 47m47 minutes ago
More
I?ll play again for FREE. It?s not about the money it?s about getting back to doing what I miss and love.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »

Desperate much Johnny??  He needs to understand that paying him isn't the issue - its the risk to the team and himself that teams are shying away from him...i hope he can avoid a huge crushing blow and keep his head above water if it doesn't pan out for him.

Johnny Manziel

Verified account

@JManziel2
 47m47 minutes ago
More
I?ll play again for FREE. It?s not about the money it?s about getting back to doing what I miss and love.

Well that?s all the sense in the world considering what Hamilton is offering him!

He?s a blibbering fool if you ask me.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Tehedra

« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2018, 11:44:44 PM »

On one side says he will play for free, on the other side says the CFL isn't paying him enough. Which is it?
lenny

« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »

The charge was dismissed with his compliance with the agreed stipulations. The question is whether the charge itself would disentitle him. That is an open question with McMahon's criteria not entirely clear.

www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/25/johnny-manziel-xfl-not-eligible
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: