Blue Bombers Forum
June 25, 2017, 11:05:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2016/2017 Season  (Read 42232 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1455 on: June 17, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »

What do you think of Elliott? "Elliott..... Elliott...Elliott,elliott,elliott,elliott,elliott....

The chanting could be awesome!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #1456 on: June 17, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »

If I'm LV, Enstrom is the obvious choice, a guy that can play top 2 D, at worst he's tradeable, but are there many top 4 D men out there available?  They need 4 of them...

Unless Chevy offers up some bonus if they take Dano instead...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jockitch

« Reply #1457 on: June 18, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »

Vegas will be trying to put together a Top 6 defense with the mandatory 3 additional as a minimum. That job is not easy.
That being said, I'm guessing Chevy has something offered to LV to protect Enstrom.    If so, Vegas will look at Chiarot as a Dman or Dano as the forward.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
gbill2004

« Reply #1458 on: June 18, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »

Dano is going to Vegas.

What I find funny/interesting is the Sabres left Bogosian unprotected.
Jockitch

« Reply #1459 on: June 19, 2017, 12:56:39 AM »

LV has the choice of a wealth of bottom 6 or less performers, who later get a chance of a lifetime to gain NHL playing time exposure.
Vegas is going to be flush with Draft slots come this Friday ...... it's going to be a long year for veterans.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
gbill2004

« Reply #1460 on: June 19, 2017, 04:20:56 PM »

LV has the choice of a wealth of bottom 6 or less performers, who later get a chance of a lifetime to gain NHL playing time exposure.
Vegas is going to be flush with Draft slots come this Friday ...... it's going to be a long year for veterans.

I think Vegas will try and strike a balance...they're in a new market so they will want to be competitive right off the bat. 
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #1461 on: June 19, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »

I think Vegas will try and strike a balance...they're in a new market so they will want to be competitive right off the bat. 

Agreed. Acquire some proven veteran talent, which means a few larger salaries (helps to get to the cap floor), which helps in the now; acquire younger pieces to build towards the future.

I'd like to say I have some idea how they do in their inaugural season, but there are so many factors at play (team chemistry, injuries, schedule, etc.). I doubt they make the playoffs, though.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1462 on: June 19, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »

Agreed. Acquire some proven veteran talent, which means a few larger salaries (helps to get to the cap floor), which helps in the now; acquire younger pieces to build towards the future.

I'd like to say I have some idea how they do in their inaugural season, but there are so many factors at play (team chemistry, injuries, schedule, etc.). I doubt they make the playoffs, though.
If they make the playoffs and we don't. That could be rather embarrassing!!

gbill2004

« Reply #1463 on: June 19, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »

If they make the playoffs and we don't. That could be rather embarrassing!!
Similar to the Redblacks and Bombers a couple years ago. 
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #1464 on: June 19, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »

Chris Nichols‏ @NicholsOnHockey   52m 

Dreger: "I think they're taking Toby Enstrom. I think they're taking him." #GoldenKnights #NHLJets 1050

As much I want to think Dano gets taken, Dreger knows his stuff.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1465 on: June 19, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »

Similar to the Redblacks and Bombers a couple years ago. 
right-o

theaardvark

« Reply #1466 on: June 19, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »

How much would Chevy have to offer LV to not take Enstrom?  Would it take a first rounder?  A prospect?  Both?

If they take Enstom, does Buff, Myers or Trouba flip to the off side to stay in the top 4 with Morrissey?  We know the top pair will be probably be Trouba Morrissey (if they want to extend / re-sign Trouba), does Myers take the 2nd pair right hand shot spot, and Buff get select minutes and PP time?  Might give Buff a longer career... 

Just a fun thought... if Stanley can crack the lineup, can you imagine a d pair of Myers / Stanley?  That would be huuuge...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:34:22 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #1467 on: June 20, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »

How much would Chevy have to offer LV to not take Enstrom?  Would it take a first rounder?  A prospect?  Both?

If they take Enstom, does Buff, Myers or Trouba flip to the off side to stay in the top 4 with Morrissey?  We know the top pair will be probably be Trouba Morrissey (if they want to extend / re-sign Trouba), does Myers take the 2nd pair right hand shot spot, and Buff get select minutes and PP time?  Might give Buff a longer career... 

Just a fun thought... if Stanley can crack the lineup, can you imagine a d pair of Myers / Stanley?  That would be huuuge...

Vegas is taking Dano.
Jockitch

« Reply #1468 on: June 21, 2017, 02:20:27 AM »

also believe that Dano goes to Vegas

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
theaardvark

« Reply #1469 on: June 21, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »

I like Dano, but there is no comparison.  If Chevy hasn't made a side deal to protect Toby, Vegas would be nuts not to pick him, even with his agent saying he doesn't want to go. 

Still don't understand the "waive no trade" rules here.  If a player waives his no trade, and Vegas takes him, does the no trade come back into force?  Or can they flip him? 

Enstrom is still a top 4 Dman, top 2 on some teams.  Dano was a fringe player for the Jets last year. I get "upside", and "potential", but Vegas wants to make things happen fast.  So Enstrom is the logical choice, unless Chevy protects him by dangling a pick or prospect...

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100
  Print  

Jump to: