Blue Bombers Forum
April 28, 2017, 12:50:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 94
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2016/2017 Season  (Read 28803 times)
JMT21

« Reply #900 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:48 AM »

I said your claim Bishop would solve the team's issues was delusional, not you. Wink

Anyway, I was complimenting your knowledge (which is pretty good) regarding hat tricks scored by the Jets since relocation. Crazy how Laine is one away from tying the rest of the team over a five-season period and still has 1/4 of a season to go.

In terms of epicness, his hatty vs. the Maple Leafs easily wins. My second fave is Little's and then Ehlers' from last season.

Correct without doubt.  After first playoff game vs Ducks and first home opener vs Habs.... that OT goal was the loudest I've experienced at MTSC.
theaardvark

« Reply #901 on: February 16, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »

Perrault's 4 goal game, though.....  when he was on that breakaway with a $1mil payout on the line for a fan, you had to admit, it was exciting. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #902 on: February 16, 2017, 12:09:38 PM »

vs. Pens

Maurice has (apparently) blended up the front lines again. Which I cannot fathom.
Lets see what the Jets' D can do against this team.

Crosby shooting for 1000 pts.

The Pens should win, which means they will lose.   Wink

<cracks knuckles>
I'm gonna post the largest logo I can find:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:13:32 PM by Old Rusty » Logged

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #903 on: February 16, 2017, 12:19:41 PM »

The Pens should win, which means they will lose.   Wink

The Jets are generally bad in Pittsburgh, though.

No Copp for this road trip, either.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/travel-day-notebook-feb-15/c-286793074

Andrew Copp will not travel with the team to Pittsburgh, as he suffered an upper-body injury late in Tuesday's game.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.
Jesse

« Reply #904 on: February 16, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »

vs. Pens

Crosby shooting for 1000 pts.

I'm excited this came versus our team. I was trying to find the Penguins game earlier in the week when he was at 998, but couldn't get it.

It'll be a fun moment to see if he can do it.
JMT21

« Reply #905 on: February 16, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »

Jets 2.0 have never won in Pittsburgh.  Gave up 30 goals in 6 road games vs Pens.  Only team the Jets have yet to beat on the road. Or salvage an OT or SO point.  Cry
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #906 on: February 16, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »

Jets 2.0 have never won in Pittsburgh.  Gave up 30 goals in 6 road games vs Pens.  Only team the Jets have yet to beat on the road. Or salvage an OT or SO point.  Cry

Well, now. That certainly doesn't bode well! Go Jets!

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Jesse

« Reply #907 on: February 16, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »

Pittsburgh also doesn't lose at hope. Like, once in their last 20 or something stupid like that.
PloenFan

« Reply #908 on: February 17, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »

Our 'goals for' is tied for third overall but our' goals against' is pretty much dead last. Sad
If we can start to play some defence, and keep scoring, perhaps we can still make the playoffs.  Smiley
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #909 on: February 17, 2017, 07:44:15 AM »

OT was great last night that "break-away" by Ehlers had me out of chair...too bad sid just over powered shief at the end - otherwise it was going to shoot-out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:22:36 AM by The Zipp » Logged
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #910 on: February 17, 2017, 08:26:09 AM »

Our 'goals for' is tied for third overall but our' goals against' is pretty much dead last. Sad
If we can start to play some defence, and keep scoring, perhaps we can still make the playoffs.  Smiley

The Jets are a few blueliners away from being a much better team, IMO.

What a great game last night. A little disappointed by the finish (Jets 2.0 have yet to win in Pittsburgh) but they had the defending champs on the ropes for some time. Fleury was a monster.

Old Rusty

Let's Party

« Reply #911 on: February 17, 2017, 11:04:06 AM »

What a great game last night. A little disappointed by the finish (Jets 2.0 have yet to win in Pittsburgh) but they had the defending champs on the ropes for some time. Fleury was a monster.

Just a great hockey game.  The Jets were hitting everything in site, and in my opinion were the better team last night.  Fleury did save their bacon, somehow he played way beyond his usual game (this year).

"Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous

"Suck it up, buttercup." - Anonymous swim coach in Winnipeg
blue_or_die

« Reply #912 on: February 17, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »

Sad they couldn't pull it off but man that was a great game (although I only saw the first and second half of the third + OT). OT was just awesome. Fleury robbed us twice.

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
blue_or_die

« Reply #913 on: February 17, 2017, 03:14:38 PM »

We definitely need to shore up the bottom pairing, but I would argue we are a "young offense + goaltender learning a complete defensive game" away from being a much better team. I think you might agree with that.

blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #914 on: February 17, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »

We definitely need to shore up the bottom pairing, but I would argue we are a "young offense + goaltender learning a complete defensive game" away from being a much better team. I think you might agree with that.

I think Hellebuyck has what it takes but he needs to have a better defensive team in front of him. Improving the blue line depth is crucial in that regard as it would insulate the inconsistent defensive play of the younger forwards. That and a solid veteran backup would help, IMO.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 94
  Print  

Jump to: