Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:33:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2016/2017 Season  (Read 92750 times)
jets4life

« Reply #1650 on: September 11, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »

I've been following some hockey scouts in regards to the Young Stars Tourney.  Here are their opinions on:

Logan Stanley: Bust.  Playing poorly, and probably will be the Jets first ever 1st round bust.
Sami Niku: The Best.  He is the top D-man, and we absolutely got him as a steal in the 7th round 2015. He will make the Jets.  He will be great.
Tucker Poolman:  too early to say.  Recovering from off-season shoulder surgery.  Looks good in Calgary game.
Luke Green: average.  Was injured vs Flames and left game.
Michael Spacek: average.  Looked good with Harkins
Jansen Harkins: average.  Looked good with Spacek
Mikhail Berdin:  Impressive.  Could turn out to be a future star goalie.  Better than Comrie and Phillips. 19 years old.
Jamie Phillips:  average.  24 years old, and likely playing in ECHL this year.
Skyler Mackenzie: average.
Mason Appleton: fast, but unspectacular.

Conclusion:  Jets have found a great LHD in Sami Niku.  He will be a great addition to the Jets organization, and may make the team.  Poolman is in good forum, and will likely start with the Moose.  Berdin will be in his final year in the USHL, but will more than likely come to the Moose in 2018.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1651 on: September 13, 2017, 06:14:29 PM »

That sucks re Stanley. Long term project at best.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Colton

« Reply #1652 on: September 13, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »

I had Stanley pegged as a Taylor Doherty clone from a mile away. Slam dunk bust from the get go.
PloenFan

« Reply #1653 on: September 14, 2017, 12:45:20 AM »

Here is Darryl "Dobber" Dobbs take on the Jets at the 2017 Young Stars tournament:

http://www.dobberprospects.com/2017-penticton-young-stars-tournament-review/

[/ 

Logan Stanley didn?t stand out as much as expected in this tournament. The lanky defenseman has a hard slap shot from the point, but besides that wasn?t too noticeable. Tucker Poolman was the most impressive defencemen on the Jets? roster. He was great a keeping the puck in the offensive zone, he was effective at pinching, and showed offensive ability.

Mathieu Sevigny was all over the puck, making plays, and delivering big hits. He wasn?t scared to mix it up in front of the net either. Michael Spacek revealed his great offensive instincts by carrying the puck into the offensive zone and driving to the net. Jansen Harkins was one of the Jets? best players and looks like a pure goal scorer. He has great hands, made some smart passes, and took some great shots. Rickard Hugg also stood out by using his quick feet to find open ice. However, he failed to convert a few opportunities in close.

Goaltender Mikhail Berdin made one of the best passes of the tournament sending one of his teammates on a breakaway from the far blue line. He was also solid in net, making stops look easy with his strong positional play.
quote]
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #1654 on: September 14, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »

Jets re-sign C Little to 6-year, $31.75M contract extension: http://www.tsn.ca/jets-sign-c-little-to-six-year-extension-1.856352

The Winnipeg Jets have signed Bryan Little to a six-year, $31.75 million contract extension.

The deal carries an average annual value of $5.291 million, up from $4.7 million on his current contract. According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the deal carries a no-move clause through the 2019-20, which then becomes a modified no-trade clause.

Very solid re-signing, IMO.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
Colton

« Reply #1655 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:21 PM »

Little is waaay younger than I thought he was.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #1656 on: September 14, 2017, 04:18:53 PM »

Very happy about this. He will retire a Jet. I think he's super underrated.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1657 on: September 14, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »

Bryan Little is a very easy guy to root for! Great re signing hopefully he stays healthy because he is always a serious offensive threat and very good defensively. Bravo a tied up class A center man.

blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #1658 on: September 14, 2017, 04:46:06 PM »

Very happy about this. He will retire a Jet. I think he's super underrated.

I couldn't agree more. The Jets are much stronger down the middle with him.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #1659 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »

Certainly has been a more rounded contributor than I ever thought he would be. Saw him center Ilya Kovalchuk, when they played for Atlanta vs Tampa & wow, did he & Ilya have wonderful, offensive numbers that night.   Such a terrific surprise to see him learn to be an above average player at face offs, which we know more Jets have to get better.
         Can't wait to see him hoist the Cup in a Jet's uni.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1660 on: September 15, 2017, 11:37:42 PM »

I got my share partner tickets  e e e e e e e e. E e eeeeee. EE

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]
  Print  

Jump to: