Blue Bombers Forum
December 13, 2017, 06:17:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2016/2017 Season  (Read 123968 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 04:30:33 PM »

Laine, Little, Armia.  Should be a fun line.  Stafford might have a tough time getting back in.

Conner, Perrault, Burmi... will have a lot of guys hurting their necks as they blast past...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 04:58:33 PM »

Laine, Little, Armia.  Should be a fun line.  Stafford might have a tough time getting back in.

Conner, Perrault, Burmi... will have a lot of guys hurting their necks as they blast past...

Change out Burmi for Staff IMO

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »

Change out Burmi for Staff IMO

Stafford lacks the speed to match, though.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »

I agree

I still figure we will look something like this.....

Wheeler, Scheif, Ehlers

Liane , Copp , Armia

Conner, Little, MP

Throrburn/Tanav, Lowry , Petan, Staff/Dano
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:21:52 PM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »

He makes up for it in goal-scoring ability. I'm not a huge fan of having lines where everyone is huge, everyone is fast, everyone is a sniper, etc. I'm no coach but IMO lines have to be balanced.

I'm perfectly happy to admit that I'm biased against Burmi and like Stafford, though. If they truly need only speedsters on that line, I would still take Burmi out for the next fastest guy.

I agree

I still figure we will look something like this.....

Wheeler, Scheif, Ehlers

Liane , Copp , Armia

Conner, Little, MP

Throrburn/Tanav, Lowry , Petan, Staff/Dano

I think everyone on here agrees 100% that ESW will be our number one line.

I disagree completely that Copp will be our #2 centre (unless I've missed something and Maurice has said otherwise). He might fit in as #3. I would go so far as to say he might only fit in at #4 but he's been so good at faceoffs that it would be a waste for the minutes he'd get. Yeah, #3 is good for one more year while he develops, along with lots and lots of PK minutes. Besides, Little hasn't lost his touch.

The rest I pretty much agree with, except I'm not sure Armia makes the 2nd line. He will be in the starting line up somewhere, though.

4th line is a crapshoot with the mix of youngsters we have, though.

Cheers.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
theaardvark

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 12:44:31 AM »

Is the ESW line officially called Schweehlers now?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 12:59:17 AM »

Edmonton's new arena looks like a cross between a luxury hotel and a shopping mall. It's impressive. Hopefully the Jets will have a nice winning record there.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 01:21:03 AM »

He makes up for it in goal-scoring ability. I'm not a huge fan of having lines where everyone is huge, everyone is fast, everyone is a sniper, etc. I'm no coach but IMO lines have to be balanced.

I'm perfectly happy to admit that I'm biased against Burmi and like Stafford, though. If they truly need only speedsters on that line, I would still take Burmi out for the next fastest guy.

I think everyone on here agrees 100% that ESW will be our number one line.

I disagree completely that Copp will be our #2 centre (unless I've missed something and Maurice has said otherwise). He might fit in as #3. I would go so far as to say he might only fit in at #4 but he's been so good at faceoffs that it would be a waste for the minutes he'd get. Yeah, #3 is good for one more year while he develops, along with lots and lots of PK minutes. Besides, Little hasn't lost his touch.

The rest I pretty much agree with, except I'm not sure Armia makes the 2nd line. He will be in the starting line up somewhere, though.

4th line is a crapshoot with the mix of youngsters we have, though.

Cheers.

I can agree with your point.

But as of now Copp is money at faceoffs so if I'm taking one in the other teams zone id like Copp taking it. And Liane and Armia are the guys to put on the sides IMO because your trying to develop lines.

I like Conner and MP together and I think Little has the smarts to fit.

Super hard to say at this point.  Its fun tho

New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »

Crap tonight

Jersey

The BEST man cave in Canada!

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 03:03:44 AM »

McDavid owns

🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹
Jockitch

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 03:38:07 AM »

wishy washy performance with a lot of giveaways & not much Jet pace ........... Hooray ...... it doesn't count in the standings.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "17"
Jersey

The BEST man cave in Canada!

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 08:47:20 AM »

wishy washy performance with a lot of giveaways & not much Jet pace ........... Hooray ...... it doesn't count in the standings.
That it does not!  Next Wednesday is when it matters

🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹
bomber4life85

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 01:33:17 AM »

I'm sticking with what I said previously. Jets arnt good enough, prospects are all highly over rated in this city. Only wins jets had were against sub par AHL rosters. True colours are showing vs better rosters. I'll check back in at Xmas and tell you I told ya so.
Colton

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 01:54:08 AM »

I'm sticking with what I said previously. Jets arnt good enough, prospects are all highly over rated in this city. Only wins jets had were against sub par AHL rosters. True colours are showing vs better rosters. I'll check back in at Xmas and tell you I told ya so.

You'll be able to tell how prospects multiple years out will pan out in a couple of months? That's impressive.

Every notable hockey analyst worth his/her salt believes the Jets have a top tier prospect pool. You're objectively wrong and I don't need to wait until Christmas to tell you that.
bomber4life85

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 02:00:42 AM »

Yep ok.. just wait. This city is in for a rude awakening. It's like some people in this city lost hockey sense after jets left in the 90s. The media and hockey analysis say jurors have a great pool of young players so it must be true..I guess it's just fluke we lost .. again.. bad.. 5-1 in Minnesota.  I think we possibly might win over Carolina in the opener. If our D decides to show
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111
  Print  

Jump to: